Three Horse Race To #1 Seed

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
No disrespect to the Rams, and it's not just because they lost to the 49ers today but I truly believe it is a three horse race to the #1 seed between us, the Saints and Packers.

Thanks to renofox for setting me straight, the Saints are 9-2 and Packers are 8-3, the Seahawks - not to jinx or anything - SHOULD be 8-3 by tomorrow night.

Not to make an @ss out of you and me but I assume two of the three will be 8-3 by this time tomorrow night.

Saints 9-2
Seahawks 8-3
Packers 8-3

(And btw, above may not be the true seed order as I have no idea between those three teams who has the edge)...

So let's take an honest look at the remaining schedules for all three.

SEAHAWKS

vs Giants W
vs Jets W
@ Washington W
vs Rams W
@ 49ers L

Finish 12-4. We drop one of those division games, just because, well, division games.

SAINTS

@Falcons L
@ Eagles W
vs Chiefs L
vs Vikings L
@ Panthers W

Finish 11-5. Without Brees ultimately dooms them.

PACKERS

vs Eagles W
@ Lions W
vs Panthers W
vs Titans L
@ Bears L

Finish 11-5. Admittedly this is a bit wishful thinking on my part as they could easily finish 12-4 sweeping the Bears but I am giving the Bears the benefit of the doubt at home.

If both the Packers and Seahawks finish 12-4, I have no idea who wins the tie breaker. I have a strong feeling it WILL come down to tie breakers regardless of teams. I cannot impress upon you enough how much I despise the Packers. That smug jerk at QB, I can barely stand looking at his face, lol.

Saints I really feel they will trail off with their situation at QB and a reasonably tough remaining schedule. Packers are a bit worrisome but I think the Titans and Panthers will give them problems if not the Lions and Bears even.

I know, I know, I could easily add the Rams to this equation but hey it's my thread so I can do what I want. :lol: :lol:

W

Welshers

Don't count your chickens on any of the NFC east games. All 3 of the teams from there we have to face could be tough games. I also think New Orleans is really really good.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Welshers":16p1p8jb said:
Don't count your chickens on any of the NFC east games. All 3 of the teams from there we have to face could be tough games. I also think New Orleans is really really good.

I wrote a thread the other day about not taking ANY team lightly and I do not feel that will be an issue with this team.

The Saints are good, but they can't keep winning without Brees. So far they have beaten two teams that aren't really a big test for their backup QB. That changes soon.

Packers and Rams frankly make me the most nervous these final 6 weeks. Packers are not as good as their record in my eyes, but they take care of business so I can't fault them for that. They just keep winning. Rams stumbled today but they won't be going away. Saints out of all them I am the least afraid of. ONLY because of Hill who I think is going to be humbled soon.

W

Welshers

Aros":k02ecdo5 said:
Welshers":k02ecdo5 said:

I wrote a thread the other day about not taking ANY team lightly and I do not feel that will be an issue with this team.

The Saints are good, but they can't keep winning without Brees. So far they have beaten two teams that aren't really a big test for their backup QB. That changes soon.

Packers and Rams frankly make me the most nervous these final 6 weeks. Packers are not as good as their record in my eyes, but they take care of business so I can't fault them for that. They just keep winning. Rams stumbled today but they won't be going away. Saints out of all them I am the least afraid of. ONLY because of Hill who I think is going to be humbled soon.
Any idea how long Brees will be out? If they get him back it could be worrying

Zap90

Reaction score
Last season we lost to Zona and 49ers back to back at home.

Losing to Rams and Niners is a big possibility.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Welshers":qpsv3fgg said:
Any idea how long Brees will be out? If they get him back it could be worrying

Well the initial diagnosis was two weeks but I have a hard time believing a man pushing nearly 40 is going to come back and be at the top of his game coming off of multiple rib fractures and a collapsed lung for pete's sake. It will be a miracle if he is back and in game shape by the playoffs.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Zap90":2mbob3e6 said:
Last season we lost to Zona and 49ers back to back at home. Losing to Rams and Niners is a big possibility.

I doubt it happens this year but I certainly can't deny it's a possibility we could lose both division games. BIG possibility? Nah. Just a hunch we go 1-1 if not 2-0 with those games. Carson back, Shaq back, getting healthy, eye on the prize, etc, etc...

Somos doces

Reaction score
New Orleans is pretty damn good on both sides of the ball, and Hill seems to be savvy enough to do what's asked of him. Green Bay similarly seems to be capable of putting together a complete team victory at any time.

The final handful of weeks of this season appear to be shaping up to be ferociously entertaining. Here's hoping the Hawks take care of business tomorrow and start to steer that entertainment value more toward the excitement of vying for the #1 conference slot rather than the vagaries of winning the NFC West.

chris98251

Reaction score
It comes down to if our defense continues to get healthy and finally is able to get in sync, we have taken a few steps but Shoulders like with Adams and other nics that limit a player but may not keep them out bring back visions of us playing the Patriots with one armed Sherman, a One legged Kam and Earl messed up as well but all playing just not normally effective.

That wears on players and if identified can cause problems, Thankfully we have some depth and Neal looked good at Safety even if he is listed as a CB.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
It's likely that one of the next four "easy" games will be a loss, because that's how NFL stuff works. I'm also not sold on this defense (they had one good game but still 21 points given up) aligning poorly with a sub-optimal offensive week.

That Rams game probably has to be won to take the division.

Hopefully that defense we saw last game wasn't an anomaly; they can work with that. But a bunch of 30-40 point allowed games are going to be a problem in terms of winning the division.

Latest posts