Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vanilla flavored Seahawks

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Vanilla flavored Seahawks
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:29 pm
  • I have a feeling we are going to see a very boring Seahawks team the next few weeks. Don’t get hurt. Just win the games and be 100% going into the Rams game.

Russ looked really slow tonight. Nothing special on offense and D played pretty well against a terrible Eagles offense. We can beat the Giants and Paper Airplanes and the Football Team with a game plan like tonight.

Our O-line looked really bad and has to play A LOT better to even have a chance against the Rams and not blow it against the Football Team. I don’t think we will play a D-line as tough as the Eagles until we play the Rams. Washington is good but we will be better.

Go Hawks!
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

Re: Vanilla flavored Seahawks
Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:39 pm
  • zchurch74 wrote:I have a feeling we are going to see a very boring Seahawks team the next few weeks. Don’t get hurt. Just win the games and be 100% going into the Rams game.

Russ looked really slow tonight. Nothing special on offense and D played pretty well against a terrible Eagles offense. We can beat the Giants and Paper Airplanes and the Football Team with a game plan like tonight.

Our O-line looked really bad and has to play A LOT better to even have a chance against the Rams and not blow it against the Football Team. I don’t think we will play a D-line as tough as the Eagles until we play the Rams. Washington is good but we will be better.

Go Hawks!

Expect more Pete Ball.
    Very underwhelming game from the coaching staff and offense.
    Defense played well until they fell asleep on the Hail Mary.

Officiating was horrible, keeping Philly in a game that wasn’t that close.

Outside of the Jets, Philly is the worst team in football.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:40 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:Outside of the Jets, Philly is the worst team in football.

The one win Jaguars would like to have a word with you.

Anyway, a W is a W.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:42 pm
  • zchurch74 wrote:I have a feeling we are going to see a very boring Seahawks team the next few weeks. Don’t get hurt. Just win the games and be 100% going into the Rams game.

Go Hawks!

What happened to 5-5 BTW?
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• I especially loved watching the Eagles Sports Network on ESPN tonight. Geezus H...are you serious???
    PlinytheCenter
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• I hate to put anything on the refs but they did keep Philly in the game. They call the grounding call and that changes the entire game.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:44 pm
  • Defense played good football for 85% of the night. Offensive coaching staff was horrendous in that first quarter and honestly for most of the night. What the hell were those delayed playcalls over and over? Forcing the run and just kind of coasting to a boring win against a bad team on the verge of cleaning house. The offense really only moved the ball thanks to DK winning 1 on 1 against a really good CB all night. Going to have to play much better against legitimate teams. Lucky for them they don't see any for a few weeks.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:44 pm
  • Agreed, and I'd say the drop off between Shell and Ogbuehi is much bigger than I thought, that guy is hot garbage-tho the rest of the line didn't look great either

-Pretty obvious Pete doesn't want to beat Carson to death so he'll let Hyde get smoked in the backfield play after play

-Schotty's play calling was awful, I don't know what he saw in those screens to Moore to think they'd eventually work

-Refs were hot garbage, not sure how you miss an intentional grounding call that is 3 yards short of the LOS
    Polk738
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:47 pm
  • PlinytheCenter wrote:I especially loved watching the Eagles Sports Network on ESPN tonight. Geezus H...are you

serious???

If you had your eyes closed,you would never have known the Seahawks were even playing in the 4th quarter.
    Announcers were like...eagles this,eagles that,eagles,eagles eagles. Blah blah blah and the eagles
    BChawkfan
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:47 pm
  • Polk738 wrote:Agreed, and I'd say the drop off between Shell and Ogbuehi is much bigger than I thought, that guy is hot garbage-tho the rest of the line didn't look great either

-Pretty obvious Pete doesn't want to beat Carson to death so he'll let Hyde get smoked in the backfield play after play

-Schotty's play calling was awful, I don't know what he saw in those screens to Moore to think they'd eventually work

-Refs were hot garbage, not sure how you miss an intentional grounding call that is 3 yards short of the LOS

Ogbuehi was awful, slow, lethargic and what seemed like unwilling to engage.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:15 pm
  • Bobblehead wrote:Ogbuehi was awful, slow, lethargic and what seemed like unwilling to engage.

I agree. Second coming of Sean Locklear. But, he played better than I expected. Philly's dline is tough.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:18 pm
  • I don't know... that Washington defence makes me nervous. They're definitely better than the Eagles.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:19 pm
  • Offense was really pretty non existent in terms of consistent plays.

It was rather boring.

Defense looked as good as it could considering this was against Carson Wentz.

I think a lot posters here want to see Seattle blow teams out especially the inferior opponents every now and then but it just doesn’t happen.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:22 pm
  • TypeSly wrote:I don't know... that Washington defence makes me nervous. They're definitely better than the Eagles.

I think that will be the toughest remaining game.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:44 pm

Go Hawks!

I agree but I think it is because pc is back to same old and Wilson and the players don't like it.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:19 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:I have a feeling we are going to see a very boring Seahawks team the next few weeks. Don’t get hurt. Just win the games and be 100% going into the Rams game.

Go Hawks!

Expect more Pete Ball.
    Very underwhelming game from the coaching staff and offense.
    Defense played well until they fell asleep on the Hail Mary.

Officiating was horrible, keeping Philly in a game that wasn’t that close.

Outside of the Jets, Philly is the worst team in football.

That Philly D-line is the best in football right now
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:40 am
  • I also don't think people are giving Philly enough credit for their very good defense. Also, Eagles DC Jim Schwartz may not be a great head coach, with the Lions, but he seems to be a heckuva DC for the Eagles. Their D played us hard and smart, and made big plays when it mattered, like the two 4th downs they stuffed us on.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:21 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    zchurch74 wrote:I have a feeling we are going to see a very boring Seahawks team the next few weeks. Don’t get hurt. Just win the games and be 100% going into the Rams game.

Go Hawks!

I agree but I think it is because pc is back to same old and Wilson and the players don't like it.

Yes PC is back because he let Russ cook and Russ burned up with
    his play in those losses..It's a team game and they are in the win
    business..The D has been doing better with Russ cooking less (yes)?
    Russ is a great game manager and wins more by doing that.
    As for players and Wilson not liking it..How the hell would you know?
    I know for a fact they all like winning and so do most of us :2thumbs:
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:49 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    John63 wrote:

Go Hawks!

We are winning because we dont have Homer or Dallas starting as our RB & we got our Defense players. I think they are just playing Vanilla right now...I expect them to let Russ cook in the playoffs.
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:59 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    John63 wrote:

Go Hawks!

I hate this take so much

the defense is not better cuz russ is cooking less. you need rbs.
    maybe cuz they got dunlap and snacks and other players back and are playing more agressive.
    KC is running the ball more, is Patrick Mahomes a great game manager?
    misfit
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:09 pm
  • misfit wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    John63 wrote:

Go Hawks!

I hate this take so much

maybe cuz they got dunlap and snacks and other players back and are playing more agressive.

You disagree with my take and that's fine but I'm using results and not the Chiefs lol.
    Are they running more?I just saw Hill get over 200 in a half.
    The Chiefs have a lot more firepower on offense,a QB who
    is 6:3 and can run..It matters BUT when they lose some pieces
    after cap hell we will find out just how good PM's is..
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:14 pm
  • IndyHawk wrote:
    misfit wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    John63 wrote: I agree but I think it is because pc is back to same old and Wilson and the players don't like it.

I hate this take so much

You disagree with my take and that's fine but I'm using results and not the Chiefs lol.

theyve ran a lot more partly why mahomes td numbers are down compared to the past. dk put up a career high last night and we didnt run that much, you could say that wasnt very balanced. but theres no evidence thats why the defense is playing better or that russ was hurting the defense.
    misfit
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:29 pm
  • misfit wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    misfit wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:Yes PC is back because he let Russ cook and Russ burned up with

I hate this take so much

theyve ran a lot more partly why mahomes td numbers are down compared to the past. dk put up a career high last night and we didnt run that much, you could say that wasnt very balanced. but theres no evidence thats why the defense is playing better or that russ was hurting the defense.

Running the ball chews up more time off the clock, so it's important to have a decent running attack, so that the D can get more rest in between possessions. Even Pete said himself, that was part of the problem for the bad defensive performances earlier.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 7:10 pm
  • misfit wrote:
    IndyHawk wrote:
    John63 wrote:

Go Hawks!

I hate this take so much

It's actually an accurate take from the standpoint of turnovers by Russell and the offense. All the turnovers in that stretch against AZ, Buffalo, and the Rams created extra problems for our then-crap defense.

The last couple games, coincidentally both wins, Russell and the Hawks have had next to no turnovers, putting less pressure on the defense. Of course, the defense has also played increasingly better, almost looking NFL-average at times.

To paraphrase and pervert, "..The D has been doing better with Russ cooking less apple turnovers for opponents and more moonball pies for DK."
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:28 pm
  • John63 wrote:

Go Hawks!

How in the heck do you know what the players are liking??? In every interview, the players seem upbeat, excited, and optimistic. Not really an attitude you would expect to see if players were upset with their coach. Some people might be taken more serious around here if they would stop projecting and spouting stuff from their tail.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:16 pm
  • Happy with the W and the defense looking pretty good. The offensive play calling that resulted in two failed 4th downs in the first quarter would cost the game against a quality opponent.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 2:56 pm
  • this should not be a surprise. This is PCs MO. We started hot running a style of offense, but not a style PC liked. He changed it we struggled, and now back to same old same old. So be prepared for bets case 2nd round exit. He did it in 2015 ,and 2017. The reality is he only like running, throwing long, and keeping it close and winning in the end. So no matter how much of a lease he gives at some point he will revert. And with the defense showing some signs of life it will get worse.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:20 pm
  • 8-3, the sky is not falling...…..
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:42 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:8-3, the sky is not falling...…..

8-3 that could have been 11-0 or 3-8 not like we are beating anyone and leaving no doubt. 8-3 does not mean we cannot be or could not hav ebeen better.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 4:50 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:8-3, the sky is not falling...…..

Sure isn't but I think people are buckling up for another 2nd round playoff bounce. 11-12 win Playoff team, better than average, a good team, but not a contender.

I don't fault people for wanting more because you know the talent on the team is there and the coaching is there if they choose to adapt where needed.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 03, 2020 7:31 am
  • Yeah, that's me, I don't want more because I'm not freaking out about an 8-3 record :? Got it...…..
    And I've never once said they can't get better. As usual, people love to assume how someone else looks at the team.
    They absolutely can and need to get better. Why is it that if someone doesn't go full sky is falling, it somehow equates to them being satisfied and not wanting better????? If you actually knew me and/or watched a game with me, you'd see a hell of a lot different person than you think you see on here. I get plenty pissed off, way too much in fact.

And I'm not buckling up for a 2nd round bounce. I never assume losing, ever. That mentality is a waste of evergy imo. If it happens, so be it. I believe this team can make the Super Bowl, homer or not, that's how I feel and I stick with it. But, this is a perfect example of why I feel like I should post a lot less...…..
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Dec 03, 2020 8:22 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, that's me, I don't want more because I'm not freaking out about an 8-3 record :? Got it...…..
    And I've never once said they can't get better. As usual, people love to assume how someone else looks at the team.
    They absolutely can and need to get better. Why is it that if someone doesn't go full sky is falling, it somehow equates to them being satisfied and not wanting better????? If you actually knew me and/or watched a game with me, you'd see a hell of a lot different person than you think you see on here. I get plenty pissed off, way too much in fact.

And I'm not buckling up for a 2nd round bounce. I never assume losing, ever. That mentality is a waste of evergy imo. If it happens, so be it. I believe this team can make the Super Bowl, homer or not, that's how I feel and I stick with it. But, this is a perfect example of why I feel like I should post a lot less...…..

Yup, pretty much this.

Around here, if you're not fully on the "pitchforks & fire <insert name here> bandwagon" that means you're perfectly happy with everything & the way it's going.

Disagreeing that KNJ & PC should be fired midseason when the team is 5-0 is not saying that you think the defense is doing just fine.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:04 am
  • Hockey Guy wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:Yeah, that's me, I don't want more because I'm not freaking out about an 8-3 record :? Got it...…..

Yup, pretty much this.

Around here, if you're not fully on the "pitchforks & fire <insert name here> bandwagon" that means you're perfectly happy with everything & the way it's going.

Disagreeing that KNJ & PC should be fired midseason when the team is 5-0 is not saying that you think the defense is doing just fine.

I see the point(s) and agree.

But you could make a similar argument that extremism has led to dismissiveness of any criticism in light of the win-loss ratio.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:49 am
  • Every time we have a healthy running game and the defense shows signs of life, the offense immediately takes the foot off the gas and turtles. At least the first half of the season was actually entertaining and not just variations of the same 23-16 drudgery. Frankly if we're going to lose in the second round I would rather it be a 37-34 shootout than a snoozefest where we don't score until the 4th quarter.
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

Thu Dec 03, 2020 10:03 am
  • They dominated the game. It's was 14 zip and the Eagle's had minus 6 yards.
    The only reason they scored their two "touchdowns" was a fluke hail mary and the refs handing them a drive on a ridiculous non-call on an obvious intentional grounding.
    Winning doesn't have to look a certain way, period. I can only hope that they come up with a cure for NWBS, and soon...…...
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:01 am
  • Felt like a Thanksgiving weekend hangover game with dash of virus as the NFL struggles to keep the season going.

Announcers = Terrible. Even beyond the east coast bias (a wise man once said, 'News travels from east to west in America.')

Refs = Terrible. On both sides. Tho the Eagles looked horribly undisciplined in the first quarter as well.

Eagles = Not good. Record is what they is.

Seahawks = Managed to put up 14 pts in the first half, even tho the 4th down attempts seemed like they were trying to keep the Eagles in the game early on. Blowouts are bad for ratings.

Even tho Pete likes to play every game close, for sure expect more of the same over the next three weeks. Nice to have creams puff stretch this late in the season to rest up Carson, Lockett, et al!
    AubHawk71
    NET Rookie

It is currently Tue Jan 26, 2021 7:52 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information