Dunlap sprained foot + other injuries

W

Welshers

Dunlap left the game early. Pete said in the post game presser that he has "something sprained in his foot". Also was Iupati hurt at the end of the game there? Any update on Reed's injury?

Does anyone know how long a sprained foot could keep a guy out for?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Welshers":355ftg8f said:
Dunlap left the game early. Pete said in the post game presser that he has "something sprained in his foot". Also was Iupati hurt at the end of the game there? Any update on Reed's injury?

Depends on what 'something sprained in this foot' is. If a toenail, he should be good to go.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yikes! Luckily the schedule is favorable. We can never seem to have a healthy crew this year.

sutz

Reaction score
Welshers":2pmpugub said:

Carson missed 4 games. Olsen is out for 4-6 weeks minimum. Like always, it depends. They'll get an MRI today and we should know more by wed/thurs.

iigakusei

Reaction score
I certainly hope Dunlap's injury isnt serious. One could make an argument he is our most important player on defense right now.

LTH

Reaction score
Crapola!!~!~ I really dislike this injury...

LTH

PNW

Reaction score
F!!!!!!!! Great.....just when our pass rush was looking best it’s been in years.....

Hawkfandrew

Reaction score
We have been the best pass rush in the league for the last 5 weeks, coincidence....I think not lol

Geologic

Reaction score
I'll be so sad if Dunlap ends up missing a lot of games. He's been a beast for the Seahawks

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
fingers, legs and nads crossed on this one. That would be a huge loss, this team is Rollin w/that pass rush.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
And some players bring an energy and presence that just rubs off on other players on the team. Dunlap and Adams both fit that perfectly. They make people around them better, in many different ways.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We probably do not need him for the regular season.

If he can come back for the playoffs, then we are fine. It would be great to have him vs the Rams or 49ers but honestly, I wouldn't even risk it. Get him and Carson enough game time to not be rusty during the playoffs, but otherwise shelve them. Even if it means a likely loss to the Rams or 49ers.

He has been a revelation. And is important enough for this team to advance in the playoffs that keeping him back is worth losing a game or 2 in the standings.

(Remember Javon Kearse? Sort of a cross between Jason Taylor, DK Metcalf, and Dwight Freeney? Absolutely wrecked QBs for half the season, then got injured and kept missing the playoffs. Never understood why the Eagles didn't just hold him out for most of the year and let him loose in the playoffs. He would have been a terror, especially with Hugh Douglas on the other side. They didn't. They were stupid. And so that team only made the SB once.)

We don't need to make the same mistake.

Keep your game wreckers off the field until the playoffs if there is an injury concern. Older players are ALWAYS an injury concern (see Irvin and Olson). No reason to risk it. My worry is they rush him back, not that they don't have him for the next 3-5 games.

Give him limited burn in the 1st playoff game (if a wildcard) or last reg season game (if we have the Div).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
A little worrisome that Dunlap went in for his foot MRI yesterday and we haven't heard anything.

Usually when it's good news the press is notified immediately.

sutz

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2fw80is9 said:
A little worrisome that Dunlap went in for his foot MRI yesterday and we haven't heard anything.

They warned us there would be no press conference today. Players day off. Team too, I guess.

andyh64000

Reaction score
sutz":ct5erww5 said:
Sgt. Largent":ct5erww5 said:

They warned us there would be no press conference today. Players day off. Team too, I guess.

Pete just said he has a minor issue with the bottom of his foot and will be evaluated later in the week regarding playing on Sunday.