Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dunlap sprained foot + other injuries

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Dunlap sprained foot + other injuries
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:44 am
  • Dunlap left the game early. Pete said in the post game presser that he has "something sprained in his foot". Also was Iupati hurt at the end of the game there? Any update on Reed's injury?

Does anyone know how long a sprained foot could keep a guy out for?
    Last edited by Welshers on Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Re: Dunlap sprained foot + other injuries
Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:48 am
  • Not today, Satan!
    Are you serious? :34853_doh:
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:59 am
  • hgwellz12 wrote:Not today, Satan!
    Are you serious? :34853_doh:

Yep, Pete said Dunlap is injured in the presser
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• Didn't give much detail during the presser. Hope its nothing serious.
    Hawks 'n Nucks
    NET Bench Warmer

• Welshers wrote:Dunlap left the game early. Pete said in the post game presser that he has "something sprained in his foot". Also was Iupati hurt at the end of the game there? Any update on Reed's injury?

Depends on what 'something sprained in this foot' is. If a toenail, he should be good to go.
    Smellyman
    NET Veteran

• Yikes! Luckily the schedule is favorable. We can never seem to have a healthy crew this year.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• Welshers wrote:Dunlap left the game early. Pete said in the post game presser that he has "something sprained in his foot". Also was Iupati hurt at the end of the game there? Any update on Reed's injury?

Carson missed 4 games. Olsen is out for 4-6 weeks minimum. Like always, it depends. They'll get an MRI today and we should know more by wed/thurs.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I certainly hope Dunlap's injury isnt serious. One could make an argument he is our most important player on defense right now.
    iigakusei
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:24 pm
  • Crapola!!~!~ I really dislike this injury...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• F!!!!!!!! Great.....just when our pass rush was looking best it’s been in years.....
    PNW
    NET Starter

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:18 am
  • We have been the best pass rush in the league for the last 5 weeks, coincidence....I think not lol
    Hawkfandrew
    NET Bench Warmer

Wed Dec 02, 2020 12:54 am
  • I'll be so sad if Dunlap ends up missing a lot of games. He's been a beast for the Seahawks
    Geologic
    NET Veteran

• fingers, legs and nads crossed on this one. That would be a huge loss, this team is Rollin w/that pass rush.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• This would be a huge loss. Dunlap has been lights out.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• And some players bring an energy and presence that just rubs off on other players on the team. Dunlap and Adams both fit that perfectly. They make people around them better, in many different ways.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• Hard to conjure up a silver lining to Dunlap being out. But I'll try...
    Coach said a week ago Taylor might only be a couple weeks from ready. Maybe this could open up a chance for Taylor to make an impactful initial splash.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:55 am
  • We probably do not need him for the regular season.

If he can come back for the playoffs, then we are fine. It would be great to have him vs the Rams or 49ers but honestly, I wouldn't even risk it. Get him and Carson enough game time to not be rusty during the playoffs, but otherwise shelve them. Even if it means a likely loss to the Rams or 49ers.

He has been a revelation. And is important enough for this team to advance in the playoffs that keeping him back is worth losing a game or 2 in the standings.

(Remember Javon Kearse? Sort of a cross between Jason Taylor, DK Metcalf, and Dwight Freeney? Absolutely wrecked QBs for half the season, then got injured and kept missing the playoffs. Never understood why the Eagles didn't just hold him out for most of the year and let him loose in the playoffs. He would have been a terror, especially with Hugh Douglas on the other side. They didn't. They were stupid. And so that team only made the SB once.)

We don't need to make the same mistake.

Keep your game wreckers off the field until the playoffs if there is an injury concern. Older players are ALWAYS an injury concern (see Irvin and Olson). No reason to risk it. My worry is they rush him back, not that they don't have him for the next 3-5 games.

Give him limited burn in the 1st playoff game (if a wildcard) or last reg season game (if we have the Div).
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:09 am
  • A little worrisome that Dunlap went in for his foot MRI yesterday and we haven't heard anything.

Usually when it's good news the press is notified immediately.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• Sgt. Largent wrote:A little worrisome that Dunlap went in for his foot MRI yesterday and we haven't heard anything.

They warned us there would be no press conference today. Players day off. Team too, I guess.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• sutz wrote:
    Sgt. Largent wrote:A little worrisome that Dunlap went in for his foot MRI yesterday and we haven't heard anything.

They warned us there would be no press conference today. Players day off. Team too, I guess.

Pete just said he has a minor issue with the bottom of his foot and will be evaluated later in the week regarding playing on Sunday.
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran

• Minor sounds good. I'm finding it harder and harder to decipher Pete's medical prognosis.

Can you imagine going into emergency care and Pete's your doc?

"It looks like your aorta is maybe ok and all that but, the lymphoma should be good along with the blood clot we think you have in your lungs so, it's looking like we'll have to see later in the week. You're looking good to go."

.....dafuq
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

• Elemas wrote:Minor sounds good. I'm finding it harder and harder to decipher Pete's medical prognosis.

Can you imagine going into emergency care and Pete's your doc?

"It looks like your aorta is maybe ok and all that but, the lymphoma should be good along with the blood clot we think you have in your lungs so, it's looking like we'll have to see later in the week. You're looking good to go."

.....dafuq

Hahahaha. So true. When Pete sounds like he is dismissing a “minor” injury I sometimes brace for IR to be the next announcement. Haha
    3-2-16-4-6
    NET Bench Warmer

• I love the energy of Carlos Dunlap.....as well as his terrific attitude. The Defense seems to have caught his "disease" and they have responded well. We need Carlos if we are to advance in the Playoffs.

It seems that this team is so "paper thin" that if one key player goes down we are in deep trouble.
    Last edited by Bigpumpkin on Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• If it's just sore and nothing serious, which is what is at least sounds like, I hope they give him a week off.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Dec 03, 2020 11:26 am
  • Well a good massage therapist should help.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:01 pm
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:If it's just sore and nothing serious, which is what is at least sounds like, I hope they give him a week off.

Sounds like this is one of those "if it was the playoffs he'd be playing this week, but since we have two straight games against the terrible NY teams, he'll probably get a week or even two off to make sure he's 1005 down the stretch."
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:04 pm
  • Good point. Sometimes it's best to rest it up, unless it's a huge game etc.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

• SoulfishHawk wrote:Good point. Sometimes it's best to rest it up, unless it's a huge game etc.

It might come down to this. Looks like he was working out on the side today. I wonder if he'll dress but only come into the game on obvious passing downs or something (at best)
    HawkRiderFan
    NET Veteran

It is currently Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:47 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information