Rams will be tough to beat next Sunday

MO Hawk

Reaction score
The humiliation of losing to the Jets will motivate them in the same way our losing to the Giants motivated us.

McVey owns Pete, and after all these years Pete still can't figure it out against the Rams. If I'm betting money, Rams win due to losing to the Jets, and little home field advantage for Seattle (no crowd). If the Rams win, I don't see them losing to the Cardinals in their last game of the season and they win the NFC West.

Perhaps a Rams win today would have been better for us. Regardless of who won today, we would have still needed to beat the Rams to get 1st in our division. Maybe someone more educated on this than me can tell me if I have this correct?

Huge game this Sunday, Go Hawks!

PS. Too bad I didn't bet the house in Vegas that the Jets would beat the Rams, wonder what the odds were?

Rat

Reaction score
They’re tough to beat regardless. I don’t care that they lost to the Jets except that it’s really, really funny,

skater18000

Reaction score
I feel this too, but hopefully the Rams are more caught up on how they lost to the Jets and that affects them mentally instead

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
skater18000":3ma612a0 said:
I feel this too, but hopefully the Rams are more caught up on how they los to the Jets and that affects them mentally instead
Yep, if the Rams play like they did today next week here, they will lose.

NJlargent

Reaction score
We need to prepare for the “good” rams team. The jets games is completely irrelevant other than the comic relief.

misfit

Reaction score
this place is insufferable

always chicken little all the time

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The Rams game will be like every other time we play them, except now they're gonna be desperate. We need to be better than they are and be thinking about nothing else. One thing is our favor is we'll have some more toys to trot out against them.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
This will be a measuring stick game for sure.

Does this team have the mental toughness to beat the big bad Rams? The same Rams team that has been a perpetual thorn in our side for the past decade.

If we lose by a field goal, we can accept that. But if we lose by 10+, my optimistic mindset will go out the window and I will lose my mind.

But I don't see that happening. This is going to be a great game, and our players are going to be super motivated to avenge their Week 10 debacle.

Please, for the love of all, move Metcalf around. Please don't just line him up stationary on the left side. Please, run the ball. Call a running back screen. Traps. Draws. Misdirection.
Stop with the Moore sweeps. What did the Jets do to slow down their offense? Do that.
Adjust. Adapt. Awareness.

OP
OP
M

MO Hawk

Reaction score
misfit":2tqpxtxj said:

I think my question is would it have been better for the Rams to win today? It wasn't my intent to be negative, just saying the Jets win will make next week harder IMO. I started the day rooting for the Jets, and I think that was the right call, but second guessing myself this evening.

That being said, I think we can still win. Anyone have the line on next weeks game? Bet it's close.

LTH

Reaction score
Everybody knows that Carroll says the opponent doesn't matter it's about the Seahawks executing the game plan and playing to their potential... they treat every game like a championship game...

I always thought this frame of mind keeps the team focused on what they need to do to win the game instead of focusing on things they can not control...

LTH

chris98251

Reaction score
Well one thing we know, Goff doesn't like pressure, pressure from pass rushers and game importance pressure, this is going to be high pressure.

Then there is this smallish impish Chef that makes Bar B Que in the middle of the field while throwing touchdowns in pressure cooker situations.

rcaido

Reaction score
Wilson is 7wins 10Loss against the Rams for his career.

Wilson has 2wins vs 5lossess against McVay. If Greg the Leg didn't miss that easy FG, Rams would have beaten us 6games straight.

So yeah, it would not matter if they won against the Jets or not. Rams are just a tough team for us. It seems like Pete always has a brain fart and just get out coached/embarrass.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it is utter nonsense (no offense OP) to buy into this notion that because the Rams got embarrassed and lost to the Jets that suddenly it's going to be that much harder on the Seahawks. Please. This game is going to be hard because it's the Rams, it's a divisional game, and it's basically for the division. The Rams are no better or worse coming into this game because they lost to the Jets, I promise you that. Goff is still gonna be Goff, their D is gonna still be their D and give us fits.

If we win this game next Sunday (news flash, I believe we will), it's because the Seahawks will be prepared for them. Nothing more, nothing less. I honestly feel this Jets loss has nothing to do with next Sunday. At. All.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
The Rams are always tough to beat, they always have been. Everyone of the Divisional games are tough games. The Hawks recent record with the Rams is less than spectacular But won’t be changed appreciably b/c the Rams just lost to the Jets.

I expect a close tough game.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure the Rams are one of the few teams Pete has a losing record to. It’s going to be tough. Goff has had career days against Pete’s cover 3 scheme.

We are still in the show no matter what. That’s the more important thing.

Gio

Reaction score
Tough to beat or not , it's a must win game. If we win it , we really have great chances for a good playoff run. And we could fight for a home advantage ?

misfit

Reaction score
MO Hawk":12vm0o6x said:
misfit":12vm0o6x said:

I think my question is would it have been better for the Rams to win today? It wasn't my intent to be negative, just saying the Jets win will make next week harder IMO. I started the day rooting for the Jets, and I think that was the right call, but second guessing myself this evening.

That being said, I think we can still win. Anyone have the line on next weeks game? Bet it's close.
I don't think today makes any difference. We are always going to get the rams best shot

Gio

Reaction score
misfit":uvu0phdc said:
MO Hawk":uvu0phdc said:
misfit":uvu0phdc said:

I don't think today makes any difference. We are always going to get the rams best shot

exactly. why should we be afraid of the Rams mood? If they won last week or lost? The point is Seahawks no matter won or lost last week , should play tough and almost perfect football against Rams (no turnovers). and to be honest i'd rather win a furious Rams team than a Rams team on a bad night.

misfit

Reaction score
Gio":1fjpr6e5 said:
misfit":1fjpr6e5 said:
MO Hawk":1fjpr6e5 said:
misfit":1fjpr6e5 said:

exactly. why should we be afraid of the Rams mood? If they won last week or lost? The point is Seahawks no matter won or lost last week , should play tough and almost perfect football against Rams (no turnovers). and to be honest i'd rather win a furious Rams team than a Rams team on a bad night.
Yeah and them losing today gives them a chance to clinch the division next week

W

Welshers

The Rams are always tough for us. And every game is a trap game in the NFL. No game is easy. I like the fact that we beat the Jets 40-3 and they lost to them, it certainly gives me confidence, but at the end of the day anything can happen. I feel it is likely a coin flip type game, but I give the edge to us at home with the way we have been playing. 27-24 Hawks.