My prediction was 1 point off but this was a bad win...

Tokadub

Reaction score
So I predicted we would win 19-17 vs the WFT...

If the WFT didn't miss a field goal the score would of been 20-17... so I got pretty close in general...

But my problem is how the game looked...

I thought their defense would look way better. Maybe give credit to our offensive line or our play calling? But I was assuming we would score 19 or 26 based on some monsters pressuring and hitting Wilson all game...

We scored 20 against a team that didn't look good...

We also had 2 interceptions which I thought even if we had 1 we might win 26-17...

So basically they didn't look as good as I expected they would... but we somehow still vastly under performed in my opinion with the eye ball test.

We should of won way more easily with how ineffective their defense was... we were about to lose if they scored that final drive... on a day Russell Wilson wasn't even sacked 1 time...

CONCLUSION

It's a solid win either way but... even though my prediction was very close... we looked very bad without them generating pressure... I would of thought we'd blow them out if they can't pressure Wilson. I'm a little confused about this game overall...

Maybe we just had such a good game plan so they couldn't pressure Wilson? But on first glance it looked weird to me I think we need to play better in the playoffs.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
This forum is as bad as the politics one, so many unhappy people finding anything and everything to bitch about, it's fairly incredible.

Reaction score
No such thing as a bad win. The playcalling was pretty good up to the Hyde TD run but then became reminiscent of the conservative playcalling we saw against Philly. Had good field position but couldn't move the ball at all when they could have put the game away.

Big picture, going across country and winning against a tough defense - I'll take it.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Funny, I remember back in the late 80's and most of the 90's what good losses we had. How if we just did this, or didn't do that we could have won.

I like this better!

sutz

Reaction score
"Bad win" is an oxymoron. Much more so than a "moral victory." :laugh:

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
sutz":25iyjn1j said:
"Bad win" is an oxymoron. Much more so than a "moral victory." :laugh:

I guess the WFT got a moral victory. We did them 1 better.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
JFC this place is hilarious.

We just stopped another team's 4 game winning streak, where 1 of the wins was against an 11 win undefeated team, & this is somehow a "bad" win?

You'd think winning in the NFL was simple if you took this place seriously.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
Any game you win that punches your playoff ticket and thrusts you back into the division lead is a great win.
This week is all about dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" that were exposed. We're getting healthier and we're playing better than we have been. Nothing to cry about this week.

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2a7z6ow1 said:
JFC this place is hilarious.

We just stopped another team's 4 game winning streak, where 1 of the wins was against an 11 win undefeated team, & this is somehow a "bad" win?

You'd think winning in the NFL was simple if you took this place seriously.

We make a great play and it is because we are great. The other team makes a great play and it is because we suck.

OP
OP
Tokadub

Tokadub

Reaction score
Alright so I realize this post was way too negative overall, I'm sorry everyone. It was in fact a great win for our team no matter how we got it, that is 100% true.

The point I failed to mention before rewatching the game this morning is that we didn't score for the final 27 minutes of the game.

If they had just hit their field goals and scored on their final drive we would of lost 24-23 even if we had 1 field goal in the last 27 minutes...

So while I do agree 100% this is a solid win and it's terrible to downplay it as a Seahawks fan. I am concerned that they had more offensive yards than us, we didn't score for the last 27 minutes, they had more time of possession, even though we won the turnover battle?

They also beat us in total first downs like 26 to 16?

It's still a great win but there are some logical reasons to be concerned I think.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Some folks are just not happy unless they are well, unhappy. Strange.

There’s no scorecard in the real NFL for style points. Any close W counts the same for the standings as a blowout. Any win is simply a good thing w/o qualification. Winning never sucks unless you want to lose and I hate losing.

Lots of things went right for the Hawks on Sunday, KC helped and the the Jets were icing for a day that moved the team back into the Divisional lead plus keeping bye hopes alive for another week, and the win secured a playoff spot.

The WFT was a team on a roll and our guys were playing an early east coast game in their house. The WFT is a good team and were not going to roll over for our guys. Sure enough they fought until the end and made the score look closer than the game played out. They certainly caused me concern in the 2nd half. However, the Hawks got the W and it looks good on the scorecard.

This isn’t a “Nice Win, But“ thread it’s a ‘Bad Win” thread. I ask the OP the following questions:

Isn’t the objective to win?

How can any win be bad?

C’mon man, criticize scheme, play calls, personnel, bad penalties, weak game plans, game management blunders, but not winning.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
It's rarely going to look the way that we would like. And it absolutely is annoying they don't put the foot on the throat in the 4th quarter of a lot of game. But, they win. Regardless how it looks, that's truly all that matters. It's the blatant refusal to see that the score often doesn't come close to telling the story. Hawks having the game in hand, then letting up a little at times, only to still WIN. They were in control of that game, and a good team came back and made it interesting. Had they won by a couple touchdowns, it doesn't count in the standings any more than a 5 point win does.
10-4, 1st Place with a HUGE game on Sunday.
Looking forward to more "bad WINS" :2thumbs:
Point being, never apologize for a win, ever. We just saw the Rams lose to one of the worst teams in history. Followed the Squeelers losing to a 2 win team last night. Maybe just step back and think about what it is that you are complaining about. You are complaining about how a WIN looks, a 10 win team w/a chance to take the division on Sunday, and a 9th playoff birth in 11 years. This team is fun to watch, a contender and in good hands. Fan how you want, we all do, but the assuming doom and gloom. It's just strange af.
Just sayin......

olyfan63

Reaction score
Any road win in the NFL is a Good Win.

There are two key indicators of a good team:
1) Winning games against inferior opponents by large margins
2) Winning ugly against underdog teams instead of losing to them.

So, WFT game was further proof the Seahawks are a good team.

seafence82

Reaction score
I think the OP, who BTW tokadub i love your posts and avatar, has a good discussion topic.

I think in summary he is saying we played a below average team and executed our gameplan nearly perfect, but barely won so that means we arent as strong as we hoped to be SB contenders.

That is a reasonable point. My thought is the fact we were able to impose our will on a playoff caliber team that matches up well with us, and were likely a tipped pass turned INT away from a decisive win means we can compete with anybody and have the talent and coaching to win it all...So im more optimistic since with our quick passing success i feel we outcoached them (factoring in the entire game). There is is still alot to be desired though, and i think getting to the bowl this year means beating our Achilles heel Rodgers at GB in the playoffs.

Nunya

Reaction score
seafence82":28jxc5eq said:
I think the OP, who BTW tokadub i love your posts and avatar, has a good discussion topic.

I think in summary he is saying we played a below average team and executed our gameplan nearly perfect, but barely won so that means we arent as strong as we hoped to be SB contenders.

That is a reasonable point. My thought is the fact we were able to impose our will on a playoff caliber team that matches up well with us, and were likely a tipped pass turned INT away from a decisive win means we can compete with anybody and have the talent and coaching to win it all...So im more optimistic since with our quick passing success i feel we outcoached them (factoring in the entire game). There is is still alot to be desired though, and i think getting to the bowl this year means beating our Achilles heel Rodgers at GB in the playoffs.

Except it does not mean that at all. Judging a team, based on how many points they beat another team by, is a foolish method.....especially in the NFL.