Poll: Best new addition to this year's team?

Best new addition to this year's team?

• Hyde

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Olsen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • D. Lewis

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • Shell

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Snacks

Votes: 2 2.5%
  • Dunlap

Votes: 44 54.3%
  • DJ Reed

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • Neal

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

seabowl

Reaction score
Tough choice.

Not including the obvious Adams acquisition

getnasty

Reaction score
For this year i would say Dunlap for sure. Seattle's pass rush was in a bad way before he showed up. Today we currently are 6th in the league in sacks as a team. Long term i think Lewis is the answer.

renofox

Reaction score
Lewis. First time PC/JS have drafted a high-quality starter for the OL.

A guard who can pass and run block at a pro-bowl level as a rookie? It's a frigging miracle.

One of the biggest needs the Seahawks have had since RW got here and they finally nailed it. More, please!

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I went with Dunlap. He not only has changed the entire pass rush, but he has closed out 2 games basically with HUGE sacks. In a perfect world, the Hawks get the win on Sunday, and rest him up vs. the Niners. IF that Niners game can't change the seeding of course.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Damien Lewis. He's done a fantastic job at right guard. Great player for a 3rd rounder.

onepicknick1

Reaction score
Just wondering why Adams is not on there? Is it because he would be the obvious choice?.
Dunlap would be my number one but I do like Hyde too he takes some weight off of Carson they have the same running styles.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Lewis is playing like a Pro Bowl RG. Dunlap has been great and at a position where we really needed some talent but he is not Pro Bowl level. Lewis will also be here for 3 more years where Dunlap is only on the books for 1 more. Both have been great. DJ Reed has also been amazing. Looking like our best CB and needs to get paid. Only need to see a few more big plays from him before I give him Shaq's money and let Shaq walk.

StoneCold

Reaction score
I couldn't make a number one selection. Hyde, Lewis, Shell (when healthy), Dunlap, DJ Reed, are almost on equal footing. Followed by Snacks, Neal and at the bottom Olsen. How awesome to have so many additions competing for the best new addition.

We will need all of them to win out and possibly get the 2 seed. (and small dreams of a number 1 seed. I know, I know, GB ain't losing to the Titans or the Bears, but, but the Jets beat the Rams. Just saying.)

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
I chose Lewis because of the trajectory he has with us. A rookie RG that we have for 3 more very inexpensive seasons; a road grader and plus pass blocker as well. Chose him over Dunlap because of the promise of a stud OLineman vs the possibility of losing Dunlap as a UFA this coming offseason.

I also love DJ Reed. Good Lord son, this kid has fantastic instincts.

renofox

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":142biv7i said:
I chose Lewis because of the trajectory he has with us. A rookie RG that we have for 3 more very inexpensive seasons; a road grader and plus pass blocker as well. Chose him over Dunlap because of the promise of a stud OLineman vs the possibility of losing Dunlap as a UFA this coming offseason.

I also love DJ Reed. Good Lord son, this kid has fantastic instincts.

Exactly. When determining the "best" acquisition, you need to look not only at the short-term benefit but also factor in the cost both short-term and long-term.

Dunlap may have had reasonable cost, but what will be the cost to keep him for the future (if we even can keep him)?

Adams' cost was huge and we may have paid it for one year (and well under 16 games) of service. It's going to take a huge amount of cap to keep him here.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Can't believe I'm the only one who voted for Shell.

After all we went through with Ifedi, to FINALLY solidify the RT position with a very good tackle is one of the main reasons Russell's gone from having the worst pass pro in the league to one of the best.....and we got him for two years at 4M a year?

What a steal.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
There’s like 5 on that list plus Adams you could choose and not be wrong IMHO.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
The addition of all these guys stuffs the "fire the FO" talk in the dumpster IMO. Each of these guys has made for season changing difference for this team. Put me in the "tough choice" crowd. I can't pick just one. Without any one of them we aren't in the position we're in now.

W

Welshers

It has to be Adams. No doubt about it and im not sure why hes not on there!! But then Dunlap and Lewis. But shoutout to Jordyn Brooks as well!!!

W

Welshers

ivotuk":41w99fte said:
Def, Dunlap. Our sacks and pressures have shot up since then.

Worst addition, Greg Olsen.
more important than adams?

toffee

Reaction score
John did good this year, no double about it, the most costly acquisition Jamal Adams is looking good, his draft is good with Lewis a potential pro-bowler for years to come. Our pass rush improved over the season, now very respectable, may even be top pass rushing team in the pass 6 games or so. Our OL was good against WFT's DL.

That said, some guys on dot net still want to fire John a d his boss Pete, trade Wilson too.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
Looking at this list tells me that our front office has no clue when it comes to evaluating talent and need to be fired immediately.

chris98251

Reaction score
Pick a game and any one of these plays stepped up, I see potential long term in many, but also see impact in others.

Rat

Reaction score
Dunlap and Lewis are 1A and 1B. The former seems to have played a role in awakening the entire defense, while the latter looks like a potential 10-year starter.