Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Josh Gordon Official Thread.

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Josh Gordon Official Thread.
Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:39 pm

Re: Not So Fast Gordon Fans.
Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:53 pm
  • FFS.
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:59 pm

• In other news, Penny Hart cleared waivers so he’s eligible to return to the practice squad. Hart was waived in order to put Gordon on the 53-man roster. For all we know Hart may have to be called back to the active roster given this developing situation.

This sucks.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:59 pm
  • So we dont sign players, had to cut players, and then the NFL was like oh yeah, there is this tiny small print we may or may have not mention....This is beyond messed up, hopefully we can still have him come playoff time.

Free Gordon already!
    rcaido
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:14 pm
  • I'm sorry but after over a year being suspended, why doesn't Gordon have it together?

OK, his brother died and maybe that's why he took a toke, or some bars, or whatever he did then.

But now?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:33 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:34 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm sorry but after over a year being suspended, why doesn't Gordon have it together?

OK, his brother died and maybe that's why he took a toke, or some bars, or whatever he did then.

But now?

What makes you think this is solely on Gordon and not on the league office itself? They have handled the matter like a dictatorship. Where are the checks and balances on them?
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:37 pm
  • kf3339 wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm sorry but after over a year being suspended, why doesn't Gordon have it together?

But now?

What makes you think this is solely on Gordon and not on the league office itself? They have handled the matter like a dictatorship. Where are the checks and balances on them?

What would be their motive in this?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:42 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm sorry but after over a year being suspended, why doesn't Gordon have it together?

But now?

This reeks....it's smelly.... I don't know what the motive is but I don't like it... :pukeface:

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:45 pm
  • KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:47 pm
  • He was cleared to practice and play over a couple weeks ago and just had to wait things out, was attending meetings etc. Now they say he didn't meet something, and it is just that something no information on what he didn't meet. When he can practice and or play.

Come on NFL, this is $h!t and sounds like oh Josh you forgot to sign over your Salary this season to our legal team.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:48 pm
  • kf3339 wrote:

But now?

Could be the leagues fault but when you've screw up over and over again you don't deserve the benefit of the doubt.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:53 pm
  • Sure, reinstate Antonio Brown but give Josh Gordon a whole bunch of detours and dead ends before you allow him to play again. Smh.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:05 pm
  • Couldn’t be the NFL trying to steer things could it?! :180670:
    oldhawkfan
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:07 pm
  • This is game over for Josh..just no saving him now. So much talent but he can’t stop his desires. He needs help personally..just forget about football for him. Poor guy.
    ScottishHawk84
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:10 pm
  • Career over.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:11 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm sorry but after over a year being suspended, why doesn't Gordon have it together?

But now?

Or cough syrup...cocaine...the guy did just about everything.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:14 pm
  • Sounds like he failed another drug test.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:22 pm
  • Its over for him it seems. Addiction is not funny.
    Shanegotyou11
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:33 pm
  • I don't necessarily see "he has not satisfied all terms of his conditional reinstatement" as he reoffended. Could be, but I'd rather not jump to conclusions until more details are provided.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:37 pm
  • Grahamhawker wrote:I don't necessarily see "he has not satisfied all terms of his conditional reinstatement" as he reoffended. Could be, but I'd rather not jump to conclusions until more details are provided.

I read the same thing into that as well, did he miss a test?
    andyh64000
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:41 pm

But now?

Did you just mention his brother dying, and follow that up with a "But now"

Psychology really needs to be a major part of our educational system. In any case, I wish Gordon well. And will continue to wish him well no matter how many times he gets suspended.

Addiction is not black and white, it affects each brain differently and something is clearly off for Josh. I will never bank on Gordon being available for us but I'll always root for him. That one day, one season he's going to pull it all together mentally.

Ironically, he would be a lot better off by being a part of a team, being around a locker room. As opposed to being constantly suspended.
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:43 pm
  • andyh64000 wrote:
    Grahamhawker wrote:I don't necessarily see "he has not satisfied all terms of his conditional reinstatement" as he reoffended. Could be, but I'd rather not jump to conclusions until more details are provided.

I read the same thing into that as well, did he miss a test?

Yea I simply have a hard time believing that he was cleared, re-activated on the roster. And then hours later, suspended? So did he take a substance right before getting reinstated? I too am waiting for more information. At this point just win the division somehow.
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:45 pm
  • I hope this is more administrative and not a relapse.

If the latter, it's a shame. He could've been a HOF receiver.

Fingers crossed but, I wouldn't put money on him coming back.
    Elemas
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:46 pm
  • Shanegotyou11 wrote:Its over for him it seems. Addiction is not funny.

This. As a recovering addict myself with many years sober my life was an unmanageable mess at his age.he needs to prioritize getting sober first and that's what matters most. It needs to be his focus 100 percent and maybe inpatient rehab as well. The league has given him so many chances and was reluctant to give him this chance, I imagine this is it for him. Not necessarily fair considering they let ab play with many accusations of r@p* and battery
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:05 pm
  • Seahawks need to dump his ass in Schick Shadel.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Me? I honestly call BS on the league. We conveniently haven’t heard anything but great things then the NFL does this coincidentally on the week we basically have an NFC West title match? Come the f on. LOL Couldn’t be more clear they’re trying to steer stuff. And they’re just not coming out about this? Oh please $h!t NOT adding up on the league side. To many conveniences and coincidences for something like this to favor the league and the beloved Rams Young McVay, and Goff (especially after they lose to the Jets.. gtfo here Goodell you turd.)
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

• SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:

But now?

Well, Rams top running back will miss the game with a high ankle sprain. They do seem to "create" competitive balance. Hmmm
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:08 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:
    SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    kf3339 wrote:

But now?

Well, Rams top running back will miss the game with a high ankle sprain. They do seem to "create" competitive balance. Hmmm

And it’s the the NFCW title on the line
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:23 pm
  • well... we will find out at Carrolls wednesday PC...

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:33 pm
  • Threw my phone across the room with choice explictatves
    TeamoftheCentury
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:36 pm
  • I'm going to have to give a qualified disagreement toward all y'all conspiracy theory guys.

LA is just plain uninspiring. They do not have consistent records, they're usually bad, they moved back only a few years back and it's not like SoCal likes them more for it in general. They are far from a legacy record despite where they are at.

Whereas we have had winning seasons for nine years without a beat. The one time we got beat from playoffs we were still 9-7. We get the most eyeballs on the West Coast as a result.

That's why I'm thinking Josh must have screwed up.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:41 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm going to have to give a qualified disagreement toward all y'all conspiracy theory guys.

LA is just plain uninspiring. They do not have consistent records, they're usually bad, they moved back only a few years back and it's not like SoCal likes them more for it in general. They are far from a legacy record despite where they are at.

Whereas we have had winning seasons for nine years without a beat. The one time we got beat from playoffs we were still 9-7. We get the most eyeballs on the West Coast as a result.

Agee wih this. And I'm not even mad or disappointed with Josh. Addiction is a brutal disease and I hope he gets healthy
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 9:56 pm
  • Well, this is certainly not an ideal situation. It's interesting that he's allowed to attend team meetings, but he can't attend practice or games. I find that ruling a bit odd. Perhaps, this is a minor filing error or something unrelated to his prior suspensions. Otherwise, why allow him to attend the facility at all?
    knownone
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:01 pm
  • Field Gulls
    @FieldGulls

Update: Gordon is back on the Commissioner's Exempt List. So he's currently not on the active roster.
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:01 pm
  • Welshers, thanks for sharing and providing perspective. I hope Josh didn't reoffend, but it looks like it's possible. Sucks for him, the teams and the fans. Has to be hard for him with Washington's pot laws. I hope he figures it out.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:10 pm
  • Well s**t.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:21 pm
  • Dorsett ever gonna play here? Holding onto Gordon in hindsight was a complete waste. Too bad with him and Penny coming back the offense would of looked a whole lot more dangerous.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Ah well..David Moore it is
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:28 pm
  • I was really hoping that Josh Gordon would play against the rams and any playoff games we have..but now..it’s back to the random David Moore behind the line of scrimmage plays..plus the long ball faith we have in him. I was so excited for Josh to takeover..his hands, his size, plus a lot more speed but now..it’s same old same old. I felt like Josh Gordon was going to be that Percy Harvin x-factor but that’s gone now...
    ScottishHawk84
    NET Starter

Re: Ah well..David Moore it is
Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:30 pm
  • Yep was looking fwd to the same. Guess they waived Penny Hart for nothing
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:18 pm
  • Well that sucks. Not a lot of specific details, but it wouldn't surprise me if pissed hot. Guy has been suspended five times. I've been through substance abuse, so I can sympathize how it worms its way into your brain. But damn, I would quit a lot of things for that type of cash.

Would love to point the finger at the NFL, but it seems he hadn't held up his end of the agreement. If it is pot....
    MrThortan
    NET Veteran

Re: Ah well..David Moore it is
Tue Dec 22, 2020 11:49 pm
  • I feel Moore is a little underrated on here. He has made some nice catches on long balls. He is serviceable as is Swain. Maybe there's a chance this thing is just a hiccup and we get Josh for the playoffs
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• I know there's another thread on Gordon right now, but I am seeing a lot of confusion from people on what is actually going on. People seem to think it might be a procedural error or that the NFL is somehow screwing us. But Bob Condotta from the Seattle Times reported that Gordon is being prevented from playing because of a cut and dry substance abuse setback. This sounds to me like a failed drug test.

ESPN is now also reporting that a source has confirmed to them Gordon has had a setback in his substance abuse recovery.

After six suspensions and the amount of time he was kept on the Commissioner's exempt list after his last failed drug test, I doubt we will be seeing him any time soon, if ever. I just want to say that substance abuse is no joke and is a very real disease. I hope Josh focuses first and foremost on himself and gets all the professional help he needs. If his urges are so out of control that he cannot quit drugs for millions of dollars then he has some very serious addiction issues. I am in recovery from substance abuse myself and can fully relate to him. I truly hope he gets well for himself and that is what is important here. Way more important than football.

Good luck Josh.

Seattle Times article: https://www.seattletimes.com/sports/sea ... e-or-play/

ESPN story: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/305 ... ource-says
    Last edited by Welshers on Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• First off, no one knows anything right now. If he failed a drug test he would be suspended and done. He's allowed to team meetings and that's it for right now. He's not banned or suspended.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 23, 2020 12:08 am
  • knownone wrote:Well, this is certainly not an ideal situation. It's interesting that he's allowed to attend team meetings, but he can't attend practice or games. I find that ruling a bit odd. Perhaps, this is a minor filing error or something unrelated to his prior suspensions. Otherwise, why allow him to attend the facility at all?

EXACTLY!! Damn people already assuming the worst. Nobody knows anything right now. If he pissed hot for another major drug, he's done. He's not banned or suspended.
    hawks85
    NET Veteran

• hawks85 wrote:First off, no one knows anything right now. If he failed a drug test he would be suspended and done. He's allowed to team meetings and that's it for right now. He's not banned or suspended.

True, but I'm just posting what Condotta reported. He said he had some type of substance abuse setback which I'm not sure what it would be besides a failed drug test? He's back on the commissioners exempt list...
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• It’s unclear why the league would only put Gordon back on exempt status and not suspend him again if he indeed “had a setback in his battle with substance abuse” that was a relapse. One possibility would be if Gordon is appealing a latest positive drug test, but that is speculation.

Conditions of his reinstatement remain confidential to the team, as are details of the league’s confidential drug-treatment program for every suspended player for reasons of patient privacy. Those conditions could include continued, required testing x number of times per week or month, reporting to assigned counseling and outreach sessions or any other term, administrative and otherwise, agreed to between Gordon and the league as part of his reinstatement process.

One can only hope this is a relatively administrative issue, for the sake of the 29-year-old father of two kindergarten-aged children.

https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status ... 9737283584
    KitsapGuy
    * NET Staff *

• KitsapGuy wrote:

It’s unclear why the league would only put Gordon back on exempt status and not suspend him again if he indeed “had a setback in his battle with substance abuse” that was a relapse. One possibility would be if Gordon is appealing a latest positive drug test, but that is speculation.

Conditions of his reinstatement remain confidential to the team, as are details of the league’s confidential drug-treatment program for every suspended player for reasons of patient privacy. Those conditions could include continued, required testing x number of times per week or month, reporting to assigned counseling and outreach sessions or any other term, administrative and otherwise, agreed to between Gordon and the league as part of his reinstatement process.

One can only hope this is a relatively administrative issue, for the sake of the 29-year-old father of two kindergarten-aged children.

Really hoping this is true. But Pelissero works for NFL Network, the leagues official media outlet. So I would be surprised if he were wrong. Let's hope
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• Welshers wrote:
    KitsapGuy wrote:

It’s unclear why the league would only put Gordon back on exempt status and not suspend him again if he indeed “had a setback in his battle with substance abuse” that was a relapse. One possibility would be if Gordon is appealing a latest positive drug test, but that is speculation.

Really hoping this is true. But Pelissero works for NFL Network, the leagues official media outlet. So I would be surprised if he were wrong. Let's hope

I'm sensing that you're right. There'd be no reason, ratings-wise or otherwise, for NFL to even attempt to throw games at this point. It's far more likely that it was a failed drug screen confirmed by gc/ms.

BUT

If it was a failed drug test, why the hell is he allowed to attend individual workouts?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Wed Dec 23, 2020 2:17 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:I'm going to have to give a qualified disagreement toward all y'all conspiracy theory guys.

I would be surprised with everything at stake, secondly if he screwed up he would not be attending meetings and such which he is allowed to do.

He would not be on exempt he would be suspended again and not allowed in facilities.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Next

It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:34 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information