Should Danny O'neil be replaced by Jim Moore or even Tom W?

Tokadub

Reaction score
Normally I like Danny but during these troubling times I just want someone to speak the truth...

I feel he's lying through his teeth right now... he sounds like Porky Pig, he can't make a point without repeating words over and over again... he's either lying or going through a rough time I won't judge on that

Either that or his ideas are really bad, I won't get into details but a lot of what he says is 100% wrong lately imo...

I think Jim Moore was better to begin with, but even Tom W keeps it real...

Danny seems out of place without the overall supporting cast on ESPN Seattle who keeps it real/... with the cast we have right now he just seems out of place with his overall ideas and persona... He was OK before but now that the crew has been stripped down his lies and awkward wrong ideas, it just isn't working for me without at least 1 more guy that keeps it real like Jim M or Tom W.

I never even liked Tom W particularly but he was way more honest than Danny imo...

I feel like I'm listening to a child talk who knows nothing about football with Danny's points lately... it's totally illogical from my point of view.

Literally Danny O'neil sounds like to this to me lately:

[youtube]GbMafIEZ6eM[/youtube]

nwHawk

Reaction score
I'd rather get rid of Paul Gallant.

His voice is the nail on a chalkboard! I always thought what an odd disposition for a sports talkshow. Nice guy, but hard pass. Danny has his moments and he needs to be the sidekick.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Absolutely NOT. Moore and Wassell are as bad as it gets. If anything, someone else needs to replace Gallant, he may be the worst of the bunch.

notyou

Reaction score
Replace Paul with bump. Tone down Stacy Rost or fire her as well.

notyou

Reaction score
I can't stand the dumb ass air horn shit.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
The whole 710 crew has gone downhill.

John Clayton and Brock Huard are the only ones I like listening to.

Danny has always annoyed me by thinking he's smarter than he really is. What is he "lying through his teeth" about?

TwilightError

Reaction score
notyou":10gl2glx said:
Replace Paul with bump.

This would be the best scenario. Then keep Brock and Clayton and it´s a great show.

notyou

Reaction score
Clayton is a senile old man that can't get a sentence out without saying "and again", while stammering.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Mike Salk is terrible, loudmouthed, and Brock and Salk is "unlistenable." They have that girl in the background that keeps laughing loudly as if everything they say is funny. They've got this phony "lighthearted banter" going on and they never really say anything.

Danny has gotten lazy. He comes up with a point he wants to make, such as "The defense has looked good, but they aren't good.": Then justifies it with lazy, incorrect statements.

"Sure, the defense has only allowed 20 ppg in the last 4 games, but the QBs have been terrible! Just AWFUL!"

Actually, they've been average. I looked up the stats on Carson Wentz, Colt McCoy, Sam Darnold, and Dwayne Haskins, and considering the teams they are on, and the lack of talent, they do "okay."

So you can't invalidate the Defenses play by saying they've only played against the worst QBs.

2020 Stats

Carson Wentz: 57% 6 YPA TD/INT 16/15

Colt McCoy: 61% 5.7 YPA TD/INT 1/1

Sam Darnold: 60% 5.9YPA TD/INT 6/9

Dwayne Haskins: 63% 6 YPA 5/5

Not great stats, but not AWFUL.

Gallant is boring, hesitant, and has no personality.

And I HATE when they do the stutter talk. Salk loves to do it. "And, and and, But, but but." It sounds like a Squawking Seagull that's about to take a dump on your head.

Jim Moore said the dumbest things, but at least he was sincere, and I got some good laughs out of him once I learned to overlook his preposterous ideas.

Tom was okay, but he would get really pissy, and sometimes would talk over others trying to make his point, not letting them finish.

Stacy is okay. I like her and Jake. Bob and Wyman are good, except Bob puts too much effort in to always being on the right side of things, or being indignant about something. When he's trying to make a point, he will build this big argument, with all of this evidence, trying to make it impossible for the other person to disagree with him. That's what's so great about El Hombre. He has his opinion, and he doesn't really care what you think. But will admit when he's wrong.

Clayton repeats himself. "And all those different things." There are a bunch of other conversation fillers he uses, but I can't remember them. But, he's a whiz at pulling obscure numbers out of his butt. And some of them are really interesting.

Salk is running that place in to the ground (or whoever is running that place). Last summer when things were rolling, everybody was flying here, and flying there for a golf tournament, or something. They must have blown hundreds of thousands on "vacations" disguised as business trips.

Then they respond to hard times by blaming COVID (as if they had just discovered it was a problem), and firing people.

My flight instructor used to remind me of the "6 Ps." Pre-Flight Planning Precludes Piss Poor Performance." I think that applies to everything. :34853_doh:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":nh1v7mtk said:
Absolutely NOT. Moore and Wassell are as bad as it gets. If anything, someone else needs to replace Gallant, he may be the worst of the bunch.
This. Moore and Wassell are the worst.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
notyou":32b61z9o said:
Clayton is a senile old man that can't get a sentence out without saying "and again", while stammering.

If you had to drink a shot every time he said "and again" you would be plastered within 90 seconds.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I like Clayton, but if I hear him say Covids testing one more time...…………
EVERY single time he talks about it, he throws the s in at the end. I don't know that bugs me so much, but it's almost as bad as hearing Moore turn everything in to a Cougar thing.

ivotuk

Reaction score
And then there is this, an idea that Danny and Paul have been pushing for 2 days! A manufactured argument!

How dumb is:

PAUL GALLANT

Is a balanced offense a bad approach for the Seahawks?

Yesterday Danny was pushing this idea of "What happened to letting Russell cook? Now we're back to running the ball and being conservative!"

Really? Pete had a game plan vs a DLine loaded with early 1st round talent! They HAD to get the ball out of Russell's hands quickly or he would have gotten eaten alive! But Danny and Paul turn it in to an issue!

Did they already forget the Giants game? after that game, Russell had been sacked 4 times! Do they think 50 is okay? I dunno, ask David Carr.

After the Giants, then going in against possibly the best DLIne in the NFL, and balance is something to worry about?

Who the hell at 710 thought this was a good argument?

Nunya

Reaction score
ivotuk":2nh7ooae said:
And then there is this, an idea that Danny and Paul have been pushing for 2 days! A manufactured argument!

How dumb is:

PAUL GALLANT

Is a balanced offense a bad approach for the Seahawks?

Yesterday Danny was pushing this idea of "What happened to letting Russell cook? Now we're back to running the ball and being conservative!"

Really? Pete had a game plan vs a DLine loaded with early 1st round talent! They HAD to get the ball out of Russell's hands quickly or he would have gotten eaten alive! But Danny and Paul turn it in to an issue!

Did they already forget the Giants game? after that game, Russell had been sacked 4 times! Do they think 50 is okay? I dunno, ask David Carr.

After the Giants, then going in against possibly the best DLIne in the NFL, and balance is something to worry about?

Who the hell at 710 thought this was a good argument?

The producer(s) who promote sensationalism and controversy in order to increase viewers.

chris98251

Reaction score
Claytons gift is not oratory, it's getting scoops.

Too many here in the area Pucker up to the Seahawks these days and don't challenge the thought process and ask the tough questions.

Also there is very little good dirt anywhere in the Seahawks to find, they keep that door shut tightly and the Staff has done a really good job in coaching the players how to speak in media.

Once in a while a emotional outburst will happen or opinion but we get a lot of Russell Wilson clone speak these days.

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
Gallant and Danny are horrible. Gallant has the irritating voice and Danny has the preposterous fake laugh that goes on for days. Michael Bumpus is fantastic. They need to find a bigger role for him.

With Rost and Heaps (and Curtis Rogers), it seems like it devolves into two guys picking on/flirtng with the silly cute girl that thinks she knows anything about sports. Not sure if it's Rost playing the role, or management making her play that role. IMO, she has the chops when they stick to sports, but seems like it drifts into the other territory too often.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
imnKOgnito":b8qipe99 said:
Gallant and Danny are horrible. Gallant has the irritating voice and Danny has the preposterous fake laugh that goes on for days. Michael Bumpus is fantastic. They need to find a bigger role for him.

With Rost and Heaps (and Curtis Rogers), it seems like it devolves into two guys picking on/flirtng with the silly cute girl that thinks she knows anything about sports. Not sure if it's Rost playing the role, or management making her play that role. IMO, she has the chops when they stick to sports, but seems like it drifts into the other territory too often.
Agree Gallant is awful. Loves the sound of his own voice.

I feel Stacy is playing a role, does feel a bit forced.

LTH

Reaction score
I think the local media has a much better take than the national media... that said, It's all based on getting ratings... Its very frustrating to me as I feel that most of these guys don't understand what makes the Hawks go... you can not look at the Hawks in conventional ways because they are NOT conventional... Carroll an JS do not look at things the same way as ANY OTHER TEAM.... That's just a fact... whether it be drafting players or the process of developing players during the season or managing the team during the season... They don't get it... period... Clayton on the other hand has interesting perspectives but he is boring... I dislike Gregg Bell because he is a STICK,,, but he does understand the Seahawks better than anyone else... Condotta is ok... None of them match up to Clare Farnsworth and Mike Sando...Joe Fann likes to think he is the hulk of sports reporters because he gets tough with Carroll and JA but He is a dink... Carroll is NOT going to give information about the game or personal or anything that might give the opposing team information that will contribute to their success against the Hawks so it's useless to press Carroll on that information in a way that is aggressive... Carroll just has a way of making those guys look stupid...

Bring back Farnsworth

Just my take

LTH

knownone

Reaction score
Danny's biggest issue is assuming Seahawks Twitter is an accurate reflection of how most Seahawks fans feel. He's so neck-deep in the 'throwing is more efficient than running' mind-bonk that he acts as if every Seahawk fan is disappointed that we aren't throwing the ball more. This, on its own, is a fine opinion to have. But to assume that you speak for most fans is silly. Most fans want the team to win. If running gives us the best chance to win, I can't imagine many fans being upset when we win.

I feel like both Danny and Gallant would be better served as auxiliary personalities rather than the primary hosts. They don't work well together because they are both flamboyant personalities that can quickly become obnoxious if they don't have someone to rein them in.