Dave Wyman

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Question for those of you who listen to the Seahawks radio broadcast for the games. How do you like Wyman as the color analyst and as a compliment to Raibs? I ask because I love Wyman. I could listen to him tell stories for hours of the good old days when men were men...He has the right amount of get off my lawn, lol. His Football 101's are great, I love the banter he has with the 710 fellas, and I like seeing him on Seahawks Saturday Night and the gameday shows on Q13.

Having said that, he doesn't strike me as having the best voice/personality for color commentary. I don't listen to the radio broadcasts during games only because I don't like the delay when watching the game on TV. Just curious as I don't think we will see Moon ever again due to that sexual misconduct scandal a few years back.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Wyman is by far my favorite on 710, and he's great on TV as well. He calls out the whining, spoiled 12's from time to time. So he automatically is cool in my book.

LTH

Reaction score
I think he as big shoes to fill there were times I turned off the TV cause I didn't want to listen to guys like aikman I turned on the radio because Raible is nothing short of magical... that being said I like Wyman a lot

LTH

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Aros":2m599xik said:
Question for those of you who listen to the Seahawks radio broadcast for the games. How do you like Wyman as the color analyst and as a compliment to Raibs? I ask because I love Wyman. I could listen to him tell stories for hours of the good old days when men were men...He has the right amount of get off my lawn, lol. His Football 101's are great, I love the banter he has with the 710 fellas, and I like seeing him on Seahawks Saturday Night and the gameday shows on Q13.

Having said that, he doesn't strike me as having the best voice/personality for color commentary. I don't listen to the radio broadcasts during games only because I don't like the delay when watching the game on TV. Just curious as I don't think we will see Moon ever again due to that sexual misconduct scandal a few years back.

On an unrelated 'broadcast' type question; Back in the Holmgren/Mora eras one of the Seattle stations used to have a 1/2 hour interview with coach post-game in the Hawks locker room later on game night. Remember the name of it? And did Pete just 'stop' doing it when he came on the scene?

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Haha.. my favorite Wyman story was back in his playing days, his locker was across from the newly arrived Boz.. and said he knew immediately, Boz would never make, it. He said he was looking at him and noticed his small feet, and hands that just didn't match up with the weight he was carrying.

Yep he's one of the good guys for the Hawks, like I think Blowers is for the M's.

sutz

Reaction score
Wyman is good. Maybe not national broadcast good, but as a local guy he's great for Seahawks coverage and color commentary.

W

Welshers

He's great, love them both. They are huge homers and I love it. But they also aren't afraid to criticize the team and call it how it is. I haven't been listening to the radio broadcasts much though because I usually try to sync it with my TV and get frustrated and turn it off when I can't and end up just listening to the lame TV guys

ivotuk

Reaction score
I love him but I don't know how to access the "radio" broadcast from Alaska. Probably something simple.

BUT, the 710 stuff is phenomenal. He, Jake and Bump are probably all that keeps that station from going under.

FYI, El Hombre on Tuesdays is a great listen. "So long suckers!" *CLICK*

Keyhawk

Reaction score
I listen to the radio broadcast mainly to hear Steve Raible. His calls are great. Prefer Moon over Wyman. However, Wyman is pretty good in his own right.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
ddores":37ssie30 said:
On an unrelated 'broadcast' type question; Back in the Holmgren/Mora eras one of the Seattle stations used to have a 1/2 hour interview with coach post-game in the Hawks locker room later on game night. Remember the name of it? And did Pete just 'stop' doing it when he came on the scene?

Yeah King 5 sportscaster Paul Silvi had those weekly shows with Holmgren and Mora. I think maybe even Erickson too back in the 90's. I think they were just called "The Mike Holmgren Show" and the such. I wish he kept them up with Carroll.

And I still miss Angie Mentink and Seahawks All Access! Bring it back!

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":rmeddl5g said:
I love him but I don't know how to access the "radio" broadcast from Alaska. Probably something simple.

BUT, the 710 stuff is phenomenal. He, Jake and Bump are probably all that keeps that station from going under.
I listen to the live Seahawks team radio broadcast on NFL Game Pass.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Dave is great. I'd love to get a beer with him some day.

knownone

Reaction score
It feels like Dave is still learning how to provide color commentary. He's not horrible, but he's definitely lacking the polish of guys like Huard or Moon. This is only his 3rd year in the booth, right? He's a likable guy, so I'm sure, with time, he'll grow into the role.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
nwHawk":3hjat65j said:
Dave is great. I'd love to get a beer with him some day.

Yeah that's what I hear most often...You would just love to sit down over beers with the guy and listen to him tell stories. He's humble, self-effacing, funny and football smart as a whip.