OMG! Idiot reporters!

ivotuk

Reaction score
1st one asks Pete about Josh Gordon, Pete "I'm not supposed to comment on that." Then 3 more of those idiots ask about Josh Gordon and Pete tells them the same thing!

So what do they do? Ask a follow up question about Josh Gordon!

Zero respect for a player struggling, or for Pete. What is so important that they have to say that way? Unbelievable!

MesquiteHawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":2deyg4kz said:
1st one asks Pete about Josh Gordon, Pete "I'm not supposed to comment on that." Then 3 more of those idiots ask about Josh Gordon and Pete tells them the same thing!

Zero respect for a player struggling, or for Pete. What is so important that they have to say that way? Unbelievable!

Have you ever watched a press briefing from the WH?

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Norcalhawklover":2uui6dax said:
ivotuk":2uui6dax said:

Have you ever watched a press briefing from the WH?

Briefly. Those are some screwed up, TMZ kinda MoFos.

I couldn't believe how these guys could care less if Pete got a great big fine from the NFL, and got in trouble for violating HIPPA laws.

Plus, where's the respect for a person that is struggling with a mental health issue? Just because the man can catch a football doesn't mean that's it's open season to publish his struggles.

I worry about Josh because suicides are up this year, and rainy winters in Seattle can get to a person that is already struggling.

Plus, I found them to be lazy. I wanted to hear about the players who would be available Sunday, how the general health of the team is, the could have asked about re-signing Chris Carson, the cap next year, how the SeahaWks have done such a great job with COVID, anything about the team and the Rams game. But no, ask useless questions about Johs that they know are not supposed to be answered..

But even worse than all of that? 710 had Danny and Gallant discussing Josh Gordon's addiction issues. Those 2 have zero knowledge about alcoholism and addiction, and at times I felt they wanted to ask "How can anyone be so stupid and put their career at risk?" They were horrible, unprepared, inconsiderate, and condescending.

Talk about the team! Don't "TMZ" it like every other sports reporter in the nation. "Hey! Let's beat this horse to death so that we don't have cover any real news!"

I've put a lot of time in to fending off my own alcoholic and addiction issues by helping others. From what I've seen, every 9 out of 10 people that attempt to get sober, relapse. But that 1 person...they make it all worthwhile. But when kids get their dad back, or when parents get to bring a child home, it's an amazing feeling. Like Jamal Adams said, it's a "Hell Yeah!"

I'm really ready to be able to say that for Josh Gordon. One thing about him being such a great football player is, when he gets sober, he can be an inspiration for others that are struggling.

Rant over...for now. :smilie=angry016.gif:

RiverDog

Reaction score
ivotuk":2el8zucu said:

Not a lot of sympathy for Pete in that situation. Sometimes coaches need to put their foot down and put those little root weevils in their place.

Several decades ago, I can recall Don James in a press conference and despite his polite, diplomatic request that they move on, reporters continued to harp on a subject, a QB controversy, that he clearly didn't want to engage in. Finally James had enough and stared straight at the crowd and said very bluntly "One more question about the quarterback and the press conference is over!". There were no more questions about the quarterback.

chrispy

Reaction score
I can't say I liked everything about the guy, but I definitely miss Bobby Knight's press conferences.

RiverDog

Reaction score
chrispy":1ph33lc3 said:
I can't say I liked everything about the guy, but I definitely miss Bobby Knight's press conferences.

LOL! Yeah, me, too! Is it any surprise that Mike Leach, another first class jerk, was once on the same athletic staff during the same time Knight was at Texas Tech?

Pete is a genuine nice guy and doesn't often lose his temper, either with players, coaches, or reporters, and that personality trait has served him well over the years. But there are times when a little well managed anger comes in handy.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Charles Barkley had it right. “There are a lot of stupid people in the world, and most of them are reporters!”

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I don't view this as the reporters being idiots. I view this as Seattle reporters maybe, finally, POSSIBLY, growing a small pair of stones.

New York media has more balls in a single post-game interview than Seattle post-game interviews have had in the last 20 years...combined. I'm actually kind of pleased to see the media attempt to demand some answers for once, rather than being its traditional Seattle passive-and-not-even-aggressive self.

RiverDog

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3ordaqrl said:
New York media has more balls in a single post-game interview than Seattle post-game interviews have had in the last 20 years...combined. I'm actually kind of pleased to see the media attempt to demand some answers for once, rather than being its traditional Seattle passive-and-not-even-aggressive self.

The New York media is unique. There is so much competition for stories there that they are much, much more cutthroat than they are in any other city in the country. New Yorkers collectively are the most rude, insensitive, and unrefined group of humanity on the planet, and their reporters are a direct reflection of them.

But I agree with you that the reporters themselves aren't the problem with the line of questioning being posed. Pete is in control of the press conference, and having to answer sometimes uncomfortable questions comes with the territory.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The NY media is awful and the idea that tough media "holds the team accountable" is completely meritless. Big market teams regularly underperform and no small part of that is the detrimental role played by big market media.

LTH

Reaction score
ivotuk":2lo6xzor said:

There were 7 questions asked about gordon and Pete gave the same answer to all of them .

"I'm Not allowed to talk about it."

But the reporter that gets me is Joe Fann... Joe had 2 of those questions...

The PC before this one I've noticed that Fann gets aggressive with Carroll...he is like I don't mean to be combative but its a reasonable question... Carroll just rolls his eyes...

I'm thinking to myself like you think Carroll is going to be intimidated by you? Like he is going to give you information that might be damaging to the Hawks.. giving the other team info that would benefit them?

Pleeese... Carroll is trying to keep his team focused on the things that he feels is important he is not going to give a reporter some drama fill BS story that could take away from that focus...

This is why Carroll doesn't like the media...and I don't blame him...

What really surprised me was Gregg Bell asked the last three questions about Gordon.... Usually Bell is pretty good about asking good questions... Not that day...

LTH

RiverDog

Reaction score
LTH":392wxs4o said:
There were 7 questions asked about gordon and Pete gave the same answer to all of them .

The PC before this one I've noticed that Fann gets aggressive with Carroll...he is like I don't mean to be combative but its a reasonable question... Carroll just rolls his eyes...

I'm thinking to myself like you think Carroll is going to be intimidated by you? Like he is going to give you information that might be damaging to the Hawks.. giving the other team info that would benefit them?

Pleeese... Carroll is trying to keep his team focused on the things that he feels is important he is not going to give a reporter some drama fill BS story that could take away from that focus...

What really surprised me was Gregg Bell asked the last three questions about Gordon.... Usually Bell is pretty good about asking good questions... Not that day...

LTH

Pete is not refusing to answer questions on Gordon because it might be damaging to the team's competitiveness. He is telling them that he's "not allowed to talk about it" because he would be placing the league and/or the Seahawks in legal jeopardy because it is illegal for an employer, or for that matter a doctor or anyone else with access to a patient's medical information, which could include such things as UA results and perhaps even attendance at prescribed classes that are part of out patient treatment, to disclose it without the consent of the employee/patient.

I'm surprised that the reporters can't pick up on Pete's "I'm not allowed to talk about it" responses. Surely they are aware that the league/Pete has a privacy issue to be concerned about. Are they so stupid that it has to be spelled out for them?

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":3qqeq6k5 said:
LTH":3qqeq6k5 said:

LTH

Pete is not refusing to answer questions on Gordon because it might be damaging to the team's competitiveness. He is telling them that he's "not allowed to talk about it" because he would be placing the league and/or the Seahawks in legal jeopardy because it is illegal for an employer, or for that matter a doctor or anyone else with access to a patient's medical information, which could include such things as UA results and perhaps even attendance at prescribed classes that are part of out patient treatment, to disclose it without the consent of the employee/patient.

I'm surprised that the reporters can't pick up on Pete's "I'm not allowed to talk about it" responses. Surely they are aware that the league/Pete has a privacy issue to be concerned about. Are they so stupid that it has to be spelled out for them?

No your right I was talking about Joe fann's aggressiveness on Monday's PC

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Reporters are not reporters anymore in any topic or form. They only care about clicks and how popular they are on social media. At least with the sports media there seems to be some honest reporting. But the ones who asked the same questions over and over are just the dumb ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk