Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who do we LEAST want to see in the playoffs?

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • I am going to have to go with the Rams. I know they just lost to the Jets but they have really had our number through the last couple years. It would suck to beat them this week and them get them again in a WC matchup right away. Besides that I am confident vs anyone in the NFC, but the team I most wouldn't want to see after the Rams is the Pack. Regardless, we to be the best we will have to beat the best, and I can easily see our road to the SB being vs. TB, NO and GB. Or throw the Rams in there depending on what happens this week. Who are you guys most worried about?
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• New Orleans with a healthy Michael Thomas and Drew Brees
    Wenhawk
    .NET Owner

• Packers, bucs, rams, aints
    stang233
    NET Starter

• Aaron Rodgers and the Frozen Tundra with a struggling passing game and bad weather.
    Atradees
    NET Veteran

• I'd say Rams. Especially twice. Generally accepted that they have our number - and 5 losses out of our last 6 games would indicate that. Loss to the Jets might throw a wrench into that.

Packers. We're 9-14 all time against them. We've lost 4 of the last 5 and they were the last ones to kick us out of the playoffs. 2015 isn't gonna happen again. And I don't want to repeat 2007/8 snow bowl. My god please no! Plus on the opinion side - used to like Green Bay because of the Holmgren connection. I truly can't stand Rodgers and his smug smuggery and crybaby stuff with the refs drives me nuts. :pukeface:

So for me Rams and Packers.

And please not this:

ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

• The Seahawk team which played the Giants. If that team shows up, it’s one and done.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Packers in Lambeau. Might as well save the jet fuel and forfeit that one.
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

• Jerhawk wrote:Packers in Lambeau. Might as well save the jet fuel and forfeit that one.

Pretty much this. Rams I don't fear nearly as much as 2020 MVP Aaron Rodgers and the Packers in Lambeau in January. That's our legit playoff kryptonite.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• We almost made a comeback against the pack at Lambeau last year in the playoffs let's not say its unbeatable
    Last edited by Welshers on Thu Dec 24, 2020 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• Welshers wrote:I am going to have to go with the Rams. I know they just lost to the Jets but they have really had our number through the last couple years. It would suck to beat them this week and them get them again in a WC matchup right away. Besides that I am confident vs anyone in the NFC, but the team I most wouldn't want to see after the Rams is the Pack. Regardless, we to be the best we will have to beat the best, and I can easily see our road to the SB being vs. TB, NO and GB. Or throw the Rams in there depending on what happens this week. Who are you guys most worried about?

For me the choice is easy.... the Packers. They're playing as well as anyone right now, and Aaron Rodgers is still Aaron Rodgers. Combine that with the fact that we would have to play in GB in January in likely frigid temperatures and it's a recipe for disaster.

Yes the Rams have had our number since McVay took over. But I would much rather face them than the Packers. The Rams are not as dynamic offensively as GB is, and you never know which Jared Goff is going to show up.
    TraderGary
    NET Rookie

• stang233 wrote:Packers, bucs, rams, aints

The Hawks defense even though improved can't stand toe to toe with any of these offenses for 4 quarters . IMO
    xray
    NET Veteran

• Wenhawk wrote:New Orleans with a healthy Michael Thomas and Drew Brees

With all due respect to Drew Brees, our inability to block Donald concerns me more.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

• Welshers wrote:We almost made a comeback against the pack at Lambeau last year w9 let's not say its unbeatable

Ah, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Until we can slay that dragon that is Rodgers and the Packers at Lambeau in January...Kryptonite.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Atradees wrote:Aaron Rodgers and the Frozen Tundra with a struggling passing game and bad weather.

I was going to put Rams First and then saw this.

{{{{{{Brrrrrr}}}}}}}
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:
    Welshers wrote:We almost made a comeback against the pack at Lambeau last year w9 let's not say its unbeatable

Ah, but close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. Until we can slay that dragon that is Rodgers and the Packers at Lambeau in January...Kryptonite.

Oh I agree they are a brutal match up for us, but the fact played them close last year missing our top 2 backs and without new guys like Adams and Dunlap gives me hope we can slay the dragon this year. Let's hope at least because unless they lose to Chicago it looks like they will be standing in our way in the path to the SB in Tampa
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• At Green Bay. Not even close. That is our true Kryptonite. The Rams anywhere are 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

• Yup. Packers in Lambeau. Russell doesn't have a real good record in inclement weather conditions.

The Rams don't scare me a bit. Goff is horrible when under pressure, and our pass rush is improved since the last time we faced them. No Chris Carson or Carlos Hyde in the first contest, either.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• Green Bay first, then at the Rams. Bad weather and Russ usually don't mix well. Sean McVay is capable of designing a game plan to beat the Hawks. And Ramsey scares the bejesus out of Russ.

Otherwise, when healthy we can beat anyone on any field. Just got to believe it.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• RiverDog wrote:Yup. Packers in Lambeau. Russell doesn't have a real good record in inclement weather conditions.

The Rams don't scare me a bit. Goff is horrible when under pressure, and our pass rush is improved since the last time we faced them. No Chris Carson or Carlos Hyde in the first contest, either.

Every QB sucks under pressure,even Mahomes Brady and Rodgers.
    beaumaris
    NET Rookie

• Lambeau will be empty.

Game could be at a local high school in Manitowoc, all the same.

The chances for inclement weather are far greater in Seattle than Wisconsin. It's cold, typically dry.

The Saints to me are the biggest challenge.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

• What is with all of you on the packers jock? Have you watched them play? They have beat 1 team above .500... They are soft and our running game would be ideal for crap weather in Wisconsin, punch them in the mouth and keep Erin on the sidelines, absolutely a winnable game.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

• Ambrose83 wrote:What is with all of you on the packers jock? Have you watched them play? They have beat 1 team above .500... They are soft and our running game would be ideal for crap weather in Wisconsin, punch them in the mouth and keep Erin on the sidelines, absolutely a winnable game.

Absolutely agree with this post..Fear nothing!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

• RiverDog wrote:Yup. Packers in Lambeau. Russell doesn't have a real good record in inclement weather conditions.

beaumaris wrote:Every QB sucks under pressure,even Mahomes Brady and Rodgers.

But some suck more than others. Goff is more susceptible to turnovers in pressure situations than any of the aforementioned 3 QB's:

While he’s had long stretches of steady play in his four years as a starter, Goff also has committed 62 turnovers since 2017, more than any quarterback in the league except Jameis Winston.

https://apnews.com/article/nfl-jared-go ... dd97e2c157
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:The Seahawk team which played the Giants. If that team shows up, it’s one and done.

This. This team can beat anyone and lose to anyone so it makes it difficult to figure who poses the biggest threat.

That being said, Aaron Rogers is familiar with is and knows how to beat us. Saints... meh. Brees isn't the same and Hill doesn't scare me. WFT - great defense but little threat on O. Rams - second only to the Packers in terms of having our #. Hopefully we can handle them Sunday. Cards - we can handle them.

But yeah. The biggest threat to the hawks is the hawks.
    keasley45
    NET Starter

• "im a seahawk fan and I'm scared of every possible matchup in the playoffs :shock: "
    misfit
    NET Veteran

• I can't believe any Hawks fan would say any other team but the Rams. It's literally the only team Russell struggles against consistently. Russ has shown he can have good games against the Packers.

I'm personally not worried about the Packers, even in Lambeau. If our Running Backs are healthy, and if Tre Flowers is not covering Devante Adams I'm confident we can win that game. Some of you are overplaying how well Rodgers has played against us.

The Bucs also make me a bit nervous. Tom Brady and Bruce Arians, coming to our stadium, with weapons all over the place. That makes me nervous. Bruce Arians knows how to pick our team apart. Brady is still Brady. And although the Bucs have struggled they only have to put it all together to make a ridiculous 2011 Giants or 2010 Packers like run.

Personally, I'm hoping we face the Cardinals or Bears, Saints, and then Packers in the NFC Championship. I want no parts of the Rams or the Bucs. No thank you.
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Not scared of anyone. They can beat anyone of them if they put in the effort. NFC teams are very beatable.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• I, too, would vote for Packers, close call v Rams, though.
    diver110
    NET Starter

• Scorpion05 wrote:I can't believe any Hawks fan would say any other team but the Rams. It's literally the only team Russell struggles against consistently. Russ has shown he can have good games against the Packers.

I'm personally not worried about the Packers, even in Lambeau. If our Running Backs are healthy, and if Tre Flowers is not covering Devante Adams I'm confident we can win that game. Some of you are overplaying how well Rodgers has played against us.

The Bucs also make me a bit nervous. Tom Brady and Bruce Arians, coming to our stadium, with weapons all over the place. That makes me nervous. Bruce Arians knows how to pick our team apart. Brady is still Brady. And although the Bucs have struggled they only have to put it all together to make a ridiculous 2011 Giants or 2010 Packers like run.

Personally, I'm hoping we face the Cardinals or Bears, Saints, and then Packers in the NFC Championship. I want no parts of the Rams or the Bucs. No thank you.

Gotta be the rams. Thank you!
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

• Have to go with the Rams. They always seem to have our number.
    Hawks 'n Nucks
    NET Bench Warmer

• Ambrose83 wrote:What is with all of you on the packers jock? Have you watched them play? They have beat 1 team above .500... They are soft and our running game would be ideal for crap weather in Wisconsin, punch them in the mouth and keep Erin on the sidelines, absolutely a winnable game.

Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Wenhawk wrote:New Orleans with a healthy Michael Thomas and Drew Brees

Saints are last on my list. Brees is done.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:What is with all of you on the packers jock? Have you watched them play? They have beat 1 team above .500... They are soft and our running game would be ideal for crap weather in Wisconsin, punch them in the mouth and keep Erin on the sidelines, absolutely a winnable game.

Have you watched the Hawks this year? At least Packers are consistent.
    RCATES
    NET Veteran

• It makes sense for Seattle, but around the internet it seems most fans of playoff teams in the NFC want to avoid the Rams if possible. It makes sense - if Goff decides to look like an above average QB, well our only loss was a close one at Buffalo when that happens.

This is reflected in what I'm scared of, which isn't any team - it's Goff. I used to be able to predict which teams he would struggle against but now it seems random.
    Ramfan128
    NET Veteran

• Ramfan128 wrote:It makes sense for Seattle, but around the internet it seems most fans of playoff teams in the NFC want to avoid the Rams if possible. It makes sense - if Goff decides to look like an above average QB, well our only loss was a close one at Buffalo when that happens.

This is reflected in what I'm scared of, which isn't any team - it's Goff. I used to be able to predict which teams he would struggle against but now it seems random.

It's a good point, Goff is inconsistent. Problem is, our soft zone lends itself well to his game and can make merely decent QB's look like 1st ballot HOF'ers.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

• 1. Rams - Divisional rival, built and coached to beat Seattle.
    2. Packers - Don’t want to see Rodgers and Adams shredding Seattle.
    3. Saints - Run game with Kamara and pass rush can be a nightmare for Seattle.

Every other NFC team, I do not mind playing.

Seattle, however, will need to bring their “A game” and that includes “A game coaching and game planning” to beat any playoff teams they go against.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I say the Rams but if we lose tomorrow and get the Rams again in the playoffs, can they beat us three times in one year? I say no. I’m not saying lose tomorrow because tomorrow is our super bowl. A division title is what this team needs heading into next year. I don’t think we can win it all this year so a division title would be nice.

Other than Rams I think Arizona will be tough to beat again.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

• The Bucs are clicking on all cylinders, beating the Lions 40-0 right now with 2 quarters left to go. I’ll take my chances with the Packers, Cards, Saints
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• The Bucs beating the Lions was their Get Right Game no less than our game against the Jets. I wouldn't look too much into it.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

• Covid-19
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• Aros wrote:The Bucs beating the Lions was their Get Right Game no less than our game against the Jets. I wouldn't look too much into it.

I'm not trying to diminish the Bucs win or make excuses for the Lions loss, but it should be noted that Detroit was without much of their coaching staff:

The Detroit Lions announced today that Interim Head Coach Darrell Bevell, Defensive Coordinator Cory Undlin, Defensive Line Coach Bo Davis, Defensive Backs Coach Steve Gregory and Linebackers Coach Ty McKenzie will not coach in Saturday's game against Tampa Bay due to COVID-19 protocols.

The following assistant coaches will assume interim responsibilities on game day:

Wide Receivers Coach Robert Prince (head coach)
    Quarterbacks Coach Sean Ryan (offensive play caller)
    Head Coach Assistant/Research & Analysis Evan Rothstein (defensive play caller)
    Defensive Assistant Tony Carter (defensive backs)
    Director of Football Research David Corrao (linebackers)
    William Clay Ford Minority Coaching Assistant Ty Warren (defensive line)

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions ... nouncement

And that's not to mention that they've been without a true head coach since Matt Patricia was fired 3 weeks ago. Also, starting QB Mathew Stafford was injured during the Lions first possession and didn't return.
    RiverDog
    NET Veteran

• RiverDog wrote:
    Aros wrote:The Bucs beating the Lions was their Get Right Game no less than our game against the Jets. I wouldn't look too much into it.

I'm not trying to diminish the Bucs win or make excuses for the Lions loss, but it should be noted that Detroit was without much of their coaching staff:

The Detroit Lions announced today that Interim Head Coach Darrell Bevell, Defensive Coordinator Cory Undlin, Defensive Line Coach Bo Davis, Defensive Backs Coach Steve Gregory and Linebackers Coach Ty McKenzie will not coach in Saturday's game against Tampa Bay due to COVID-19 protocols.

The following assistant coaches will assume interim responsibilities on game day:

Wide Receivers Coach Robert Prince (head coach)
    Quarterbacks Coach Sean Ryan (offensive play caller)
    Head Coach Assistant/Research & Analysis Evan Rothstein (defensive play caller)
    Defensive Assistant Tony Carter (defensive backs)
    Director of Football Research David Corrao (linebackers)
    William Clay Ford Minority Coaching Assistant Ty Warren (defensive line)

https://www.detroitlions.com/news/lions ... nouncement

And that's not to mention that they've been without a true head coach since Matt Patricia was fired 3 weeks ago. Also, starting QB Mathew Stafford was injured during the Lions first possession and didn't return.

Out of the playoffs, no staff, guys being let go all season, Stafford not right.

This was a can the season end today game for the Lions and the Bucs caught them in a position of being in a burning Airplane without a Parachute.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Bottom line......which team has the strongest mindset.....maintaining it throughout the entire game. Games of this caliber are won and lost by the team with the fewest lapses of focus. The game can be lost in as few as one or two plays. It doesn't matter who the Hawks are playing. If they have kept the other team close, they have the best record of winning games in the final two minutes. In Russ we trust! Mental toughness will determine the Super Bowl winner this year! :owned:
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Doesn't matter who we face.

3 factors

Health
    Preparation
    Able to adjust to the situation

Zebras come in down the list also, but the things that bite us are the 3 above.

We can play with anyone, if we get all three facets working at the same time we can dominate, we always seem to forget one at the Airport though.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I get that this was the Bucs get right game. But, putting up 40 points in just over 2 quarters is extremely impressive. No matter the opponent.

The Bucs have actually been trending in the right direction in recent weeks. Brady is hitting on the deep throws. They're peaking at the right time. The rest of the league won't catch on until it's too late.
    Scorpion05
    NET Veteran

• Green Bay at Lambeau, in the "frozen tundra".

Aside from that, every game will be tough. Every playoff game will also be winnable by the Hawks bringing their A game.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

• I'll say it......
    If the (correct) Seahawk team shows up,
    I fear NO ONE until K.C. (in Tampa) on February, 7th 2021
    :irishdrinkers:
    glowingeyedseahawk
    * PA's # 1 Seahawks Fan *

• glowingeyedseahawk wrote:I'll say it......
    If the (correct) Seahawk team shows up,
    I fear NO ONE until K.C. (in Tampa) on February, 7th 2021
    :irishdrinkers:

Me too, but I dont care about KC either. They are very beatable just like atlanta proved today and we beat mahomes 2 years ago.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• hawkfan68 wrote:The Seahawk team which played the Giants. If that team shows up, it’s one and done.

The offense that showed up against the Giants. The defense that showed up against the Bills.
    Seanhawk
    NET Veteran

• Uncle Si wrote:Lambeau will be empty.

Game could be at a local high school in Manitowoc, all the same.

The chances for inclement weather are far greater in Seattle than Wisconsin. It's cold, typically dry.

The Saints to me are the biggest challenge.

Green Bay averages 4 feet of snow a year. It’s likely there will be snow and low temps. I live by Madison which isn’t quite as bad
    vonstout
    NET Starter

Next

It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:32 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information