The hardest hitters in the NFL

ivotuk

Reaction score

Posted 9 days ago | By Seth Trachtman

The NFL has become a more offensive game in recent years, but there remain plenty of jaw-dropping hits from defensive players. These 25 defensive players stand out as some of the hardest hitters in the game, as of 2020.

Jamal Adams, S, Seahawks

Adams has earned a reputation as arguably the game's best safety, as evidenced by his All-Pro season with the Jets in 2019 when he had 6.5 sacks and 10 tackles for loss, in addition to 75 sackles. He's regularly used as a blitzer and has created some huge hits on quarterbacks, as well as wideouts.

That's great! But what the heck are "Sackles?"

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 38#slide_1

OP
OP
ivotuk

ivotuk

Reaction score
Bobby Wagner, MLB, Seahawks

Wagner has been an All-Pro in five of the last six seasons for the Seahawks, and is building up a resume worthy of the Hall of Fame. He's recorded more than 100 tackles in each of his first eight seasons and also led the league in tackles twice, routinely making highlight hits.

MLB = Monster LineBacker

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
ivotuk":31kgnztw said:

Posted 9 days ago | By Seth Trachtman

The NFL has become a more offensive game in recent years, but there remain plenty of jaw-dropping hits from defensive players. These 25 defensive players stand out as some of the hardest hitters in the game, as of 2020.

Jamal Adams, S, Seahawks

Adams has earned a reputation as arguably the game's best safety, as evidenced by his All-Pro season with the Jets in 2019 when he had 6.5 sacks and 10 tackles for loss, in addition to 75 sackles. He's regularly used as a blitzer and has created some huge hits on quarterbacks, as well as wideouts.

That's great! But what the heck are "Sackles?"

https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles ... 38#slide_1

Kind of like "Cankles" only a little higher up. :irishdrinkers:

IndyHawk

Reaction score
There is hard hitters?
I thought the NFL banned it..
It was my favorite part of the game and from
what I see,Kam was the last true hitter..I can
still remember Tatum,Lott and the "Enforcer".
That was real hard hitting.

W

Welshers

Sackles are tackles behind the line of scrimmage on players other than the QB. Stuffing a runner behind the line would be considered a scakle

toffee

Reaction score
I think it takes three elements to perform a hard hit:

1. willingness ensure the pain when hitting someone really hard,
2. Mass
3. Acceleration

In short, an explosive big dude determined to hit you regardless what it will do to his own body.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

The Breh

Reaction score
We'll have some tough decisions next year but I cannot wait to see M. Blair send dudes into orbit again.