Snacks: With Reed hurt

nwHawk

Reaction score
I know Snacks wants to be released, but do you think Seattle should really consider it? If he can't go, what next?

sutz

Reaction score
If nothing else, Snacks is good insurance for the playoffs. No way they release him now.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Catch 22. Why would you want a player that doesn’t want to compete on your team though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Milehighhawk":12nso9gk said:
Catch 22. Why would you want a player that doesn’t want to compete on your team though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another question: Where does Snacks think hes going in week 17.......and: that is better than playing for a division winner heading to the playoffs?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well his head is in the business side it appears, where he can get paid, not about Championships, he hasn't learned that you can have both and that it is more about your roll then your starts.

Guys like Swain, Reid, Hyde understand this.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I think he just was wearing his emotions on his sleeve after being told he wouldn't be playing today. I get it. Egos are powerful things. Pete said he was going to talk to him tomorrow. I assume this gets smoothed out and he isn't going anywhere until the season is over.

Somos doces

Reaction score
Aros":2u6ly9nt said:
I think he just was wearing his emotions on his sleeve after being told he wouldn't be playing today. I get it. Egos are powerful things. Pete said he was going to talk to him tomorrow. I assume this gets smoothed out and he isn't going anywhere until the season is over.
Agreed.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
After Pete and Damon have a chat, my suspicion is Damon will want to be here until the end of the playoffs. After that, business can work itself out.

I hope the team keeps him.

JS has us set up well For the post season Harrison is part of the deal.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
If he was playing better, he wouldn't be on the "inactive" list. The dude came to the Seahawks out of shape and it took him a month to get into shape. He made a total of 9 tackles in the games he's played. He's actually been involved in less than 45% of the snaps in any given game. So what are the Seahawks going to miss not having them there? He offers nothing more than a space-eater/run stopper. Mone at least provides an interior rush/pressure plus being a run stopper. The rotation of Ford, Reed, and Mone was very good today. If he decides he wants to stick around, great. If not, that's okay too. They don't need him.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarrDa03.htm

renofox

Reaction score
hawkfan68":oa6xdla4 said:
If he was playing better, he wouldn't be on the "inactive" list. The dude came to the Seahawks out of shape and it took him a month to get into shape. He made a total of 9 tackles in the games he's played. He's actually been involved in less than 45% of the snaps in any given game. So what are the Seahawks going to miss not having them there? He offers nothing more than a space-eater/run stopper. Mone at least provides an interior rush/pressure plus being a run stopper. The rotation of Ford, Reed, and Mone was very good today. If he decides he wants to stick around, great. If not, that's okay too. They don't need him.

Agreed, assuming Ford, Reed, and Mone all stay healthy. I don't think we have any other serviceable depth if one of those guys goes down. Would really screw up the rotation and you'd have guys playing too many snaps.

kf3339

Reaction score
hawkfan68":1yeh69dd said:

Yes, but in the playoffs you can't afford to go into the games with only Three true DT's on game day. The teams are tougher and playing at a higher caliber. What you saw today was an example, but also showed what happened when Reed went out injured. Fortunately he came back in, but I wouldn't take that chance. He should be in the rotation if nothing else.

I hope PC helps him see this and he stays. We need all the troops.

chris98251

Reaction score
You need a rotation, I think that is what Snacks doesn't get. Some games a team like the Saints and Kamara are going to try and force run, with a couple guys that eat space and also get inside pressure you can rotate. Fresh legs are the key.

TypeSly

Reaction score
jammerhawk":t2tnoxji said:
After Pete and Damon have a chat, my suspicion is Damon will want to be here until the end of the playoffs. After that, business can work itself out.

I hope the team keeps him.

JS has us set up well For the post season Harrison is part of the deal.

There's no way a player can go from asking to be released publicly, to playing again the next week or two. There's no way the locker room or the coaching staff will accept this.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Nunya":1x1vde62 said:
sutz":1x1vde62 said:
If nothing else, Snacks is good insurance for the playoffs. No way they release him now.

And yet they did. Can't make a player play.

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/seahaw ... 830333.php

Screw him he’s a fat lazy slob looking to do the bare minimum to start automatically rather than earn it.
(I’m genuinely pissed that players can cry their way out of contracts for a sport they get millions for while our military gets paid shit for and have to fulfill their contracts )

W

Welshers

Pete said this morning Snacks has played his last snap as a Seahawk. He tried talking to him but Snacks said no way.

renofox

Reaction score
Talk about a bad career move. He had a chance to play in the playoffs here.

"I want to play so release me" and "I have no plans to play with another team."

???Cognitive Dissonance much???

I'm sure good teams will be lining up to throw big bucks at a player with such a winning "want-to-play" attitude.