Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Snacks: With Reed hurt

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Snacks: With Reed hurt
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:32 pm
  • I know Snacks wants to be released, but do you think Seattle should really consider it? If he can't go, what next?
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Re: Snacks: With Reed hurt
Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:21 pm
  • Reed came back in.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:23 pm
  • snacks aint goin anywhere
    Chukarhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:22 pm
  • If nothing else, Snacks is good insurance for the playoffs. No way they release him now.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:31 pm
  • Catch 22. Why would you want a player that doesn’t want to compete on your team though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:33 pm
  • Milehighhawk wrote:Catch 22. Why would you want a player that doesn’t want to compete on your team though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another question: Where does Snacks think hes going in week 17.......and: that is better than playing for a division winner heading to the playoffs?
    Hawkpower
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:02 pm
  • Well his head is in the business side it appears, where he can get paid, not about Championships, he hasn't learned that you can have both and that it is more about your roll then your starts.

Guys like Swain, Reid, Hyde understand this.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:06 pm
  • I think he just was wearing his emotions on his sleeve after being told he wouldn't be playing today. I get it. Egos are powerful things. Pete said he was going to talk to him tomorrow. I assume this gets smoothed out and he isn't going anywhere until the season is over.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:21 pm
  • Aros wrote:I think he just was wearing his emotions on his sleeve after being told he wouldn't be playing today. I get it. Egos are powerful things. Pete said he was going to talk to him tomorrow. I assume this gets smoothed out and he isn't going anywhere until the season is over.

Agreed.
    Somos doces
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:24 pm
  • After Pete and Damon have a chat, my suspicion is Damon will want to be here until the end of the playoffs. After that, business can work itself out.

I hope the team keeps him.

JS has us set up well For the post season Harrison is part of the deal.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:38 pm
  • If he was playing better, he wouldn't be on the "inactive" list. The dude came to the Seahawks out of shape and it took him a month to get into shape. He made a total of 9 tackles in the games he's played. He's actually been involved in less than 45% of the snaps in any given game. So what are the Seahawks going to miss not having them there? He offers nothing more than a space-eater/run stopper. Mone at least provides an interior rush/pressure plus being a run stopper. The rotation of Ford, Reed, and Mone was very good today. If he decides he wants to stick around, great. If not, that's okay too. They don't need him.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/H/HarrDa03.htm
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:58 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:If he was playing better, he wouldn't be on the "inactive" list. The dude came to the Seahawks out of shape and it took him a month to get into shape. He made a total of 9 tackles in the games he's played. He's actually been involved in less than 45% of the snaps in any given game. So what are the Seahawks going to miss not having them there? He offers nothing more than a space-eater/run stopper. Mone at least provides an interior rush/pressure plus being a run stopper. The rotation of Ford, Reed, and Mone was very good today. If he decides he wants to stick around, great. If not, that's okay too. They don't need him.

Agreed, assuming Ford, Reed, and Mone all stay healthy. I don't think we have any other serviceable depth if one of those guys goes down. Would really screw up the rotation and you'd have guys playing too many snaps.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:29 pm
  • hawkfan68 wrote:If he was playing better, he wouldn't be on the "inactive" list. The dude came to the Seahawks out of shape and it took him a month to get into shape. He made a total of 9 tackles in the games he's played. He's actually been involved in less than 45% of the snaps in any given game. So what are the Seahawks going to miss not having them there? He offers nothing more than a space-eater/run stopper. Mone at least provides an interior rush/pressure plus being a run stopper. The rotation of Ford, Reed, and Mone was very good today. If he decides he wants to stick around, great. If not, that's okay too. They don't need him.

Yes, but in the playoffs you can't afford to go into the games with only Three true DT's on game day. The teams are tougher and playing at a higher caliber. What you saw today was an example, but also showed what happened when Reed went out injured. Fortunately he came back in, but I wouldn't take that chance. He should be in the rotation if nothing else.

I hope PC helps him see this and he stays. We need all the troops.
    kf3339
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:51 am
  • You need a rotation, I think that is what Snacks doesn't get. Some games a team like the Saints and Kamara are going to try and force run, with a couple guys that eat space and also get inside pressure you can rotate. Fresh legs are the key.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:02 pm

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:06 pm
  • jammerhawk wrote:After Pete and Damon have a chat, my suspicion is Damon will want to be here until the end of the playoffs. After that, business can work itself out.

I hope the team keeps him.

JS has us set up well For the post season Harrison is part of the deal.

There's no way a player can go from asking to be released publicly, to playing again the next week or two. There's no way the locker room or the coaching staff will accept this.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:22 pm

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:27 pm
  • Nunya wrote:
    sutz wrote:If nothing else, Snacks is good insurance for the playoffs. No way they release him now.

And yet they did. Can't make a player play.

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/seahaw ... 830333.php

Screw him he’s a fat lazy slob looking to do the bare minimum to start automatically rather than earn it.
    (I’m genuinely pissed that players can cry their way out of contracts for a sport they get millions for while our military gets paid $h!t for and have to fulfill their contracts )
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:28 pm
  • Pete said this morning Snacks has played his last snap as a Seahawk. He tried talking to him but Snacks said no way.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:29 pm
  • Talk about a bad career move. He had a chance to play in the playoffs here.

"I want to play so release me" and "I have no plans to play with another team."

???Cognitive Dissonance much???

I'm sure good teams will be lining up to throw big bucks at a player with such a winning "want-to-play" attitude.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:50 pm
  • Welshers wrote:Pete said this morning Snacks has played his last snap as a Seahawk. He tried talking to him but Snacks said no way.

Mr. Harrison was not happy with his previous team, so can we really expect less here. He is an ingrate!! The Hawks gave him a chance to play here based on his reputation. Well, he showed up out of shape unfit for the field of play.
    He took several weeks to get ready to play....all the while being paid.....and when he went up against the present caliber of players in the NFL he discovered that it was tougher than he remembered. After watching him play for several weeks, Pete was unimpressed with his contributions and Pete had him sit out this last game. Snacks proceeds to have a "pouting fit" and says, "I don't like it here". What a penchant child!
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:58 pm
  • Bigpumpkin wrote:After watching him play for several weeks, Pete was unimpressed with his contributions and Pete had him sit out this last game. Snacks proceeds to have a "pouting fit" and says, "I don't like it here". What a penchant child!

Not sure this is accurate. May have been that PC felt the Rams wouldn't be running much/successfully so he wanted to play the DTs that were better at providing pressure.

I'm sure that, if this fiasco hadn't occurred, Snacks would have been active and seen snaps in the playoffs against teams with legitimate rushing threats.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:21 pm
  • renofox wrote:
    Bigpumpkin wrote:After watching him play for several weeks, Pete was unimpressed with his contributions and Pete had him sit out this last game. Snacks proceeds to have a "pouting fit" and says, "I don't like it here". What a penchant child!

Not sure this is accurate. May have been that PC felt the Rams wouldn't be running much/successfully so he wanted to play the DTs that were better at providing pressure.

I'm sure that, if this fiasco hadn't occurred, Snacks would have been active and seen snaps in the playoffs against teams with legitimate rushing threats.

Better the team found out now the man isn't a competitor than in in the playoffs when it matters most. Good riddance in my opinion.
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:44 pm
  • Milehighhawk wrote:Better the team found out now the man isn't a competitor than in in the playoffs when it matters most. Good riddance in my opinion.

Agreed. Maybe not a locker room cancer, but definitely a negative counter-culture influence.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:49 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:Well his head is in the business side it appears, where he can get paid, not about Championships, he hasn't learned that you can have both and that it is more about your roll then your starts.

Guys like Swain, Reid, Hyde understand this.

If he was just about being paid then why would he ask to be released and miss game checks?

He said on Twitter he only wants to bust his ass practicing all week if he can play, and Pete decided to start Mone over Snacks, so he said he wanted his release.

He sounds very gracious for his time here, he understands the business side but he only wants to play football, so if he can't do that, then he wants out.

No reason on our end to wish him ill or criticize his choices.............it's not like he was balling out anyway. He had what, like three tackles in 6-7 weeks?
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:05 pm
  • Sgt. Largent wrote:No reason on our end to wish him ill or criticize his choices.............it's not like he was balling out anyway. He had what, like three tackles in 6-7 weeks?

I earnestly wish him the best.

But I also wish his thought process was more rational and he would have publicly remained silent and worked it out with JS/PC and stayed on the roster. He could have been a useful player in the playoffs.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:09 pm
  • We all we have-We all we got..Next man up!
    IndyHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:14 pm
  • I hope a "non-playoff" claims him just to piss him off.
    nwHawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:31 pm
  • renofox wrote:
    But I also wish his thought process was more rational and he would have publicly remained silent and worked it out with JS/PC and stayed on the roster. He could have been a useful player in the playoffs.

Pete said he met with him, so I'm sure those "worked it out" conversations were had.

Pete obviously wanted Snacks as insurance for Mone, Poona and Reed, and he wants to give Mone those backup snaps for the rest of the season.

Snacks has had a great career, I don't blame the guy for not wanting to continue to bust his ass in practice, adhere to all the strict covid rules, etc to not be active for the rest of the year. Dude has nothing to prove, he wanted to try and play, he tried.......and now he's obviously satisfied with his decision.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:06 pm
  • Milehighhawk wrote:Better the team found out now the man isn't a competitor than in in the playoffs when it matters most. Good riddance in my opinion.

Yup. Same thing the WFT did in releasing QB Haskins today. Guys have to be focused, the playoffs are what matters.
    Tusc2000
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:08 pm
  • Nunya wrote:
    sutz wrote:If nothing else, Snacks is good insurance for the playoffs. No way they release him now.

And yet they did. Can't make a player play.

https://www.seattlepi.com/sports/seahaw ... 830333.php

Well, I was wrong. Too bad, he would have been good insurance in the playoffs. Oh well, next man up.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:23 pm
  • Hope he's not expecting a Super Bowl ring.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:24 pm
  • If worst comes to happen and they need help in the future, Dontari Poe, Tim Jernigan, and Marcell Dareus are still available DT vets. Poe seems very intriguing as he is a NT (similar in build to Harrison). Poe is also a former All Pro as well.
    hawkfan68
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:19 pm
  • This situation is so puzzling.

Harrison brought in six games nine tackles (three solo) and a forced fumble on the defense whereas we have people on that chart who aren't close to that level of production. Why not sit one of them to not piss off this guy past games that we might need him more than these "special teams aces" we keep around and who will be around even if healthy inactives?
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:43 pm
  • People are acting like Snacks was some key player in our run defense. He's serviceable but not good enough to play ahead of Mone. Sure he'd be nice to have as insurance but if the guy doesn't want to be here then send him packing.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:00 pm
  • Brian Mone beat him out and apparently that's humiliating for Snacks. I also think the Covid restrictions could be a factor as someone mentioned above. Maybe the tank is simply on E in terms of passion for the game.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:23 pm
  • getnasty wrote:People are acting like Snacks was some key player in our run defense. He's serviceable but not good enough to play ahead of Mone. Sure he'd be nice to have as insurance but if the guy doesn't want to be here then send him packing.

I'm not saying he was key, more that he could have been key insurance.

"Special teams aces" is a nice way of saying "not good enough to put into the defense" in most cases. That's why we had to get Snacks in the first place--because we didn't trust them in that role on any regular basis. None of those guys is as crucial as someone who can actually play the D consistently, and none of those guys is going to cry about being a healthy inactive.

There are 1-5 games ahead in which guys can get injured and in which Snacks would be assumed to take on the role for which he was hired. It makes more strategic sense to talk the guy down and tell him he has to play some ST to stay in a defensive rotation and then tell one of the "aces" that he's a healthy inactive when you know they won't leave.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:06 am
  • Bummer, would have liked him for depth but he's hardly going to be missed on any real noticeable level.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Tue Dec 29, 2020 11:06 am
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    getnasty wrote:People are acting like Snacks was some key player in our run defense. He's serviceable but not good enough to play ahead of Mone. Sure he'd be nice to have as insurance but if the guy doesn't want to be here then send him packing.

I'm not saying he was key, more that he could have been key insurance.

"Special teams aces" is a nice way of saying "not good enough to put into the defense" in most cases. That's why we had to get Snacks in the first place--because we didn't trust them in that role on any regular basis. None of those guys is as crucial as someone who can actually play the D consistently, and none of those guys is going to cry about being a healthy inactive.

There are 1-5 games ahead in which guys can get injured and in which Snacks would be assumed to take on the role for which he was hired. It makes more strategic sense to talk the guy down and tell him he has to play some ST to stay in a defensive rotation and then tell one of the "aces" that he's a healthy inactive when you know they won't leave.

So Amadi, Reid, Sherman, Kam, Earl, most the LB's over the years are scrubs since they played special teams ?

You must be looking at other teams, Pete has used starters to enhance the athleticism of the unit from day one. Sure they transition out of it as they get aged to conserve reps. But almost all of our guys had specual team time, if they didn't play special teams they usually are not on the roster unless they are a interior lineman, even some of our edge rushers played on special teams.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:46 pm
  • nwHawk wrote:I hope a "non-playoff" claims him just to piss him off.

I hope too,but.. wasn't Green Bay trying to get Snacks right after we scheduled a visit with him?
    It could get interesting? What if we end up playing GB for the NFC Championship and wadda you know? Snacks will be on the other side spilling the beans about our defensive schemes?
    HawaiiD
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:27 pm
  • This was exactly the kind of Snacks move i was worried about. I've always sensed he didn't really care about football much and this kind of proves it. Quitting on your team right before the playoff run is nonsensical to most of us. But he clearly isn't an "We all we got, we all we need" kind of guy.

And that was my impression of him from his days in Detroit.

Hopefully there is a backup Tackle on the the PS that we can bring up if one of our 3 tackles goes down. Collier and Green can condense inside if needed on passing downs. But you need to have enough big bodies to stop the run in base.
    Mad Dog
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 29, 2020 5:35 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    So Amadi, Reid, Sherman, Kam, Earl, most the LB's over the years are scrubs since they played special teams ?

You must be looking at other teams, Pete has used starters to enhance the athleticism of the unit from day one. Sure they transition out of it as they get aged to conserve reps. But almost all of our guys had specual team time, if they didn't play special teams they usually are not on the roster unless they are a interior lineman, even some of our edge rushers played on special teams.

You and I both know we're not talking about guys like that. Guys like that might start there, but in a couple years it's expected that most guys like that spend the most of their time on the D even if they do contribute on ST from time to time.

OK him going off like that was...pretty immature. But given the time of year it is, I'd rather have had his ego be massaged a little bit in the past game by expanding the active DT possibilities for that one game while sitting someone who doesn't contribute to D and has little likelihood to in this year.

Acknowledge it was a p-move on his part, but I would have been strategic about it. Let him dress at least for the Rams game. Start him against SF. After that it's the playoffs and he probably wouldn't quit, dressed or no.
    SantaClaraHawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:12 pm
  • SantaClaraHawk wrote:
    chris98251 wrote:

You and I both know we're not talking about guys like that. Guys like that might start there, but in a couple years it's expected that most guys like that spend the most of their time on the D even if they do contribute on ST from time to time.

OK him going off like that was...pretty immature. But given the time of year it is, I'd rather have had his ego be massaged a little bit in the past game by expanding the active DT possibilities for that one game while sitting someone who doesn't contribute to D and has little likelihood to in this year.

Acknowledge it was a p-move on his part, but I would have been strategic about it. Let him dress at least for the Rams game. Start him against SF. After that it's the playoffs and he probably wouldn't quit, dressed or no.

This is ridiculous and you are seriously overlooking locker room implications here. You don't pander to a player, especially one who isn't a superstar, and not expect locker room backlash for sitting others who the teammates probably think is more worthy. All in the name of 'insurance'?

Think about it. The team already knows he isn't "hungry" to win a championship and you want to coach publicly supporting that?
    Milehighhawk
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:16 pm
  • TJ who's your momma

Percy Harvin

Golden Taters

Trend is WR's

Michael Bennett

But they were not all in and they were not here not long after.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:29 am
  • Just felt there's more to this snack story. What I have read,

1. he picked to join the Hawks over other offers.

2. it took weeks to get him into shape as member of practice squad.

3. There were offers from other teams while he was on practice squad. Again he rejected those to stay with Hawks.

4. He played well in the few games he played.

5. Then he didn't suit up for the Rams game.

6. He immediately wanted out and made his service available to other teams.

7. Is it about money? He might not get picked up by other teams, the next team may not pay more.

8. Is it about a ring? Hawks' chance are just about as good.

Not making any sense.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

It is currently Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:17 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information