Top 5 D

W

Welshers

After having the worst ypg defense in history through the first half of the season the Seahawks are top 5 in ppg and ypg since the first Rams game. If they played bad offenses or not it still has to be one of the greatest turnarounds in league history. Pete said keep believing and we'd fix it and people criticized him but the mad man really did it. TRUST THE PLAN

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
He should get consideration for Coach Of The Year but you know he won't.

nwHawk

Reaction score
And this team has not even gotten close to firing on all cylinders yet. If it does.. oh man. Look out.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
They've gone from 30 PPG allowed in the first eight games with 15 PPG allowed over the last seven.

The average fell from 30 to 23.2. That's huge. Bad offenses? They held bad offenses to nearly no points and have been beating the crap out of opponents. Huge turnaround from letting bad offenses thrown 400 yards a game on them, 200 in the fourth quarter allowing 3 TDs in one of the games, etc.

I'm so glad this team moved away from "Let Russ Cook". Methodically work your way down the field, take shots when you can, and beat them up on defense. I'd much rather watch this team than the one that has to come out in the fourth quarter to score another TD after scoring four of them because they are in yet another shootout.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

nwHawk":c4kvozkj said:
And this team has not even gotten close to firing on all cylinders yet. If it does.. oh man. Look out.
If our offense gets on all cylinders... the SB is a real possibility

Polk738

Reaction score
Welshers":h26fy24r said:
After having the worst ypg defense in history through the first half of the season the Seahawks are top 5 in ppg and ypg since the first Rams game. If they played bad offenses or not it still has to be one of the greatest turnarounds in league history. Pete said keep believing and we'd fix it and people criticized him but the mad man really did it. TRUST THE PLAN

It's scary to think what they could've accomplished earlier in the year with a proper offseason and all the pieces already in place

LTH

Reaction score
Welshers":bijevx4u said:

:0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Hate to rub it in to all the doubters, as we are all Seahawk brothers but.... all you doubters deserve it...All the garbage posts are put to rest tonight... Thank goodness

This D and this whole team is special... Carroll is an amazing coach and what he has done with this Seattle team is AMAZING and he just proved it...

This is no surprise to me as I've been watching it for 10 years

LTH

OP
OP
W

Welshers

LTH":vvk1hpmw said:
Welshers":vvk1hpmw said:

:0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l: :0190l:

Hate to rub it in to all the doubters, as we are all Seahawk brothers but.... all you doubters deserve it...All the garbage posts are put to rest tonight... Thank goodness

This D and this whole team is special... Carroll is an amazing coach and what he has done with this Seattle team is AMAZING and he just proved it...

This is no surprise to me as I've been watching it for 10 years

LTH
Can't say enough about Pete. He walks the walk and talks the talk. Incredible turnaround.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
bmorepunk":1yu23v8b said:
They've gone from 30 PPG allowed in the first eight games with 15 PPG allowed over the last seven.

The average fell from 30 to 23.2. That's huge. Bad offenses? They held bad offenses to nearly no points and have been beating the crap out of opponents. Huge turnaround from letting bad offenses thrown 400 yards a game on them, 200 in the fourth quarter allowing 3 TDs in one of the games, etc.

I'm so glad this team moved away from "Let Russ Cook". Methodically work your way down the field, take shots when you can, and beat them up on defense. I'd much rather watch this team than the one that has to come out in the fourth quarter to score another TD after scoring four of them because they are in yet another shootout.
Without Russell Wilson's "Cooking", in the first half of the season, and the way the Defense was crapping the bed through that stretch of games, the Seahawks would NOT be sitting @ 11 & 4 and NFC WEST Champions, but I get where you're coming from. :vodka:

hoxrox

Reaction score
Kudos to the coaches for coaching better. Kudos to the coordinators for better game plans. Kudos to the players for playing better. Kudos to JS for finding players like Reed, Brooks, Dunlap and Adams who are making an impact this season.

That said - the true test will be vs TB, NO, GB.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
I'd probably be considered in the top half of optimistic posters here but I was just hoping we'd improve to be middle of the pack. This has exceeded anything I even considered possible.