So 2nd seed or 3rd seed?

Mizak

Reaction score
Hawks are, right now 8-3 in the NFC conference while Saints and Packers are 9-2. But just heard Packers can’t get 1 seed. They can lose to Titans and lose to Chicago next week and be 11-5. Saints will beat Panthers next week because I just don’t see Saints losing to Panthers so I guess Seahawks can get 2nd.

balakoth

Reaction score
Mizak":29vx0vh7 said:
Hawks are, right now 8-3 in the NFC conference while Saints and Packers are 9-2. But just heard Packers can’t get 1 seed. They can lose to Titans and lose to Chicago next week and be 11-5. Saints will beat Panthers next week because I just don’t see Saints losing to Panthers so I guess Seahawks can get 2nd.

If they lose to Chi.. no matter the outcome of titans.. we beat SF and NO loses to Carolina.. we have #1 seed

balakoth

Reaction score
Mizak":199r4c03 said:

I didn't see the rams losing to NY Jets either... after we put 40 on them....... so?

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Whoever told you the Packers can't get the #1 seed is mistaken.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":39iayh98 said:

Sounds like he meant they don’t have it locked up.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":1dsmt447 said:
Hockey Guy":1dsmt447 said:

This game vs Tennessee doesn't impact the #1 seed at all, not. I think Tennessee has way more to play for, their Division, and their city.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2eteb9yu said:
Hockey Guy":2eteb9yu said:

I can only go by what he wrote, so I'll stand by my comment.

Besides, it's not like I was a dick about it.

AlciG

Reaction score
All 3 can still get #1 seed..

Hawks get #1 if both Saints and Packers loose their last game and Hawks win theirs.
Saints get #1 if they win and Hawks win and Packers loose
In all other cases I think the Packers get #1

AlciG

Reaction score
notyou":2h7biuqt said:
Loose = not tight
Lose = not win

Thanks... Sorry, English is not my 1st, nor 2nd, nor 3rd language even

notyou

Reaction score
No problem. I see a lot of people, where English is their first language, make that mistake and don't ever correct it.

Polaris

Reaction score
So here's the skinny. Right now the Packers are 12-3 with a conference record of 9-2, the Saints are 11-4 with a conference record of 9-2, and Seattle is 11-4 with a conference record of 8-3. Seattle has the common opponent tiebreak against both NO and GB should it apply.

If the Packers win or tie, they get the #1 seed no matter what by sheer record.
If the Packers lose and the Saints and Seattle win, then the Saints get the #1 seed by way of conference record, and Seattle gets the #2 seed by common opponent tiebreak.
If the Packers lose and the Saints lose, but Seattle wins, then Seattle gets the number one seed by way of common opponent tiebreak, the Packers would get the #2 seed and New Orleans would get the #3 seed.
If all three lose, then the Packers keep the #1 seed (and the Saints keep the #2 seed).
If the Packers lose, and Seattle wins, and New Orleans ties, then Seattle gets the #1 seed (by common opponents with Green Bay).
Also as I said elsewhere if New Orleans loses or ties, and Seattle wins, then Seattle will have no worse than the #2 seed.

Latest posts