Fire Pete

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Say what you will but this is a banner day.

Since the SB loss Pete has NEVER won a game like this.

We have had multiple opportunities to win the division in a winner-take-all game and never came out on top.

If we can win a divisional playoff game this year, this season will be a success by almost any measure.

You also have to recognize that somehow, against a complete nemesis of ours, Norton ended up being the hero of this game. Norton.

Finally, the moves to get DJ Reed, Adams, and Dunlop seem to have made an incredible difference for this team.

This might be the most important win for this franchise since the SB loss.

LTH

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":186p47wq said:
The overreaction to the overreactors is always humorous. :lol:

I don't know why...The Garbage posts the ridicule that has gone on is ridiculous...

LTH

toffee

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1ss5swkk said:
Bench Wilson
Trade Wagner
Fire Schneider
Nah trade Wilson, he us too short, not black enough and merely a game manager.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Shanegotyou11

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2o1l1koi said:

Makes me laugh. I knew id get solid replies in here.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":bvm10eei said:

Yeah, but would you say it's inexcusable?

Smellyman

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":87xlveq0 said:

It's the 3 or 4 pollyannas that make this place truly unbearable.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Pete is a great regular season coach. With Pete I feel like he makes worse teams play above their potential, and he makes good teams play below what they are truly capable of. He's a motivator and honestly he's created a great culture in Seattle.

My issue with Pete is he is dogmatic. He's ridgid in his approach, not only does he want to win, but he wants to win his way. We'll be doing things that work, specifically on offense and inexplicably go away from it. Game plans are often times lacking and in game coaching decisions often leave me befuddled, especially when it comes to clock management.

This is okay in the regular season, but in the playoffs it has bitten us very badly. We've under performed there for quite some time. Since our Super Bowl run we've lost more than we've won in the playoffs. What concerns me is we've lost the same way, each and every time. We've really dropped the ball there and turned what should have been wins into losses. We haven't learned from our losses in the post season thus far.

Maybe this year will be different, I don't know. I'm suspecting it won't be though -- especially with Wilson being off his game. I'm a bit of a different breed, I'm willing to have a potential nonce as head coach and go through losing seasons for the potential of a Super Bowl. I feel like we have the roster to accomplish a Super Bowl run, but I don't think Carroll is the guy to get us there. I think we need a fresh prospective and sometimes that is all a roster needs in order to get a Super Bowl and push a team over the top. Things could always be worse, but I feel like we've been caught in a circular loop that I don't see breaking under Carroll.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1vcdommj said:

Totally true!

For me it’s odd to be saying cool your jets to the told you so crowd rubbing dirt in the faces of the Negative Nellie’s. They were wrong but will still complain about Jn’P, KNJ, Scotty, etc.,etc.. Thehy are entitled to their opinions even if they are wrong.

Play nice children!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1p7xwna7 said:
Say what you will but this is a banner day.

Since the SB loss Pete has NEVER won a game like this.

We have had multiple opportunities to win the division in a winner-take-all game and never came out on top.

If we can win a divisional playoff game this year, this season will be a success by almost any measure.

You also have to recognize that somehow, against a complete nemesis of ours, Norton ended up being the hero of this game. Norton.

Finally, the moves to get DJ Reed, Adams, and Dunlop seem to have made an incredible difference for this team.

This might be the most important win for this franchise since the SB loss.

Takes a man to admit he was wrong.

Good post ;)

Go Hawks!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":lyorxqy3 said:
Pete is a great regular season coach. With Pete I feel like he makes worse teams play above their potential, and he makes good teams play below what they are truly capable of. He's a motivator and honestly he's created a great culture in Seattle.

My issue with Pete is he is dogmatic. He's ridgid in his approach, not only does he want to win, but he wants to win his way. We'll be doing things that work, specifically on offense and inexplicably go away from it. Game plans are often times lacking and in game coaching decisions often leave me befuddled, especially when it comes to clock management.

This is okay in the regular season, but in the playoffs it has bitten us very badly. We've under performed there for quite some time. Since our Super Bowl run we've lost more than we've won in the playoffs. What concerns me is we've lost the same way, each and every time. We've really dropped the ball there and turned what should have been wins into losses. We haven't learned from our losses in the post season thus far.

Maybe this year will be different, I don't know. I'm suspecting it won't be though -- especially with Wilson being off his game. I'm a bit of a different breed, I'm willing to have a potential nonce as head coach and go through losing seasons for the potential of a Super Bowl. I feel like we have the roster to accomplish a Super Bowl run, but I don't think Carroll is the guy to get us there. I think we need a fresh prospective and sometimes that is all a roster needs in order to get a Super Bowl and push a team over the top. Things could always be worse, but I feel like we've been caught in a circular loop that I don't see breaking under Carroll.

Without doing the research, I would have to imagine the very nature of the playoffs make it rare that many coaches walk away with significantly more than a .500 record there when its all said and done.

I think you will miss Pete more than you realize when he finally hangs em up. Not that he doesnt have faults, and some of your points have merit, but man do I appreciate Seahawk football right now.

Enjoy the ride.

pinksheets

Reaction score
I believe we're .500 in the playoffs since winning the SB, which is quite good.

LTH

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":3kkcalau said:

Yeah your right we should ditch Pete and hire you....LMAO!!!!! :rumble:

LTH

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
pinksheets":183p8qab said:
We're below .500 since the 2015 season and our last Super Bowl run. One of those wins was a free gift from Blair Walsh with 23 seconds left in the game, chip shot field goal miss.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":2kgaphw1 said:
pinksheets":2kgaphw1 said:
We're below .500 since the 2015 season and our last Super Bowl run.

3-4.

Technically true, (below 500) but not at all unusual for a 5 year playoff stretch for any coach.

A bit of straw grasping to try and create a narrative honestly.