Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nice Win But......

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: Nice Win But......
Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:34 pm
  • Chapow wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Still wanting to see a complete game by both sides of the ball.

Defense won this game.

Anemic stalled offense on most drives.

Nothing wrong with wanting to get better.

Nice win to get the division against a good Rams team.

But must improve to go on a run.

And that is facts!

You didn't write a single fact. Literally every single thing you posted here is an opinion.

Here's a fact. The Rams have the number 1 defense in the NFL by yards per game, and the number 3 defense in the NFL by points per game.

I'd like to see the offense play better too, but lets maybe acknowledge that we were playing a very good defense that played very well.

Okay, I’ll give you some facts.

The game against Miami (playoff bound team) is the best all around a game Seattle put up.

W 31-23 Wilson 360 pass yards Carson 80 yards Metcalf 106 yards

This is the most complete game by both sides of the ball for the Seahawks.

Number 1 defense or not, the offense needs to put up better numbers than what they did yesterday if they want to win 2-3 games in playoffs.

You can’t win a lot of games against playoff teams if you are not effective on offense.

Number 1 defense or not, Wilson has been struggling and is in a slump right now.

He needs to pick up his game.

I would like to see a complete game, offensively and defensively against winning teams.

There still good NFC teams out there Seattle needs to bring their A game to beat.

Green Bay and New Orleans are still a tough outing for Seattle.

Seattle needs their offense to click cause it has not been and this is before the loss against the Giants.

If the defense is now coming together, the offense needs to regroup and return back to prominence as well.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:40 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Chapow wrote:
    TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Still wanting to see a complete game by both sides of the ball.

Defense won this game.

And that is facts!

You didn't write a single fact. Literally every single thing you posted here is an opinion.

Here's a fact. The Rams have the number 1 defense in the NFL by yards per game, and the number 3 defense in the NFL by points per game.

I'd like to see the offense play better too, but lets maybe acknowledge that we were playing a very good defense that played very well.

The game against Miami (playoff bound team) is the best all around a game Seattle put up.

Number 1 defense or not, the offense needs to put up better numbers than what they did yesterday if they want to win 2-3 games in playoffs.

You can’t win a lot of games against playoff teams if you are not effective on offense.

Number 1 defense or not, Wilson has been struggling and is in a slump right now.

I would like to see a complete game, offensively and defensively against winning teams.

There still good NFC teams out there Seattle needs to bring their A game to beat.

Seattle needs their offense to click cause it has not been and this is before the loss against the Giants.

If the defense is now coming together, the offense needs to regroup and return back to prominence as well.

Who is to say that the Hawks can not win a shootout with NO or GB or anybody else for that matter? They don't need to score 37 points to beat the Rams the only thing that does is give the Rams a chance for there D to make plays... better to be conservative and play the percentages and score just what you need to be comfortable..

Just my take

LTH
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:52 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:
    Chapow wrote:

Defense won this game.

And that is facts!

You see I dont agree he has been struggling as of late, though he did earlier.

in his last 5 games he has posted over 90 Qb rating in 3 of them. and in fact has only been below 90 4 times this year.

I guess it depends on is you are comparing to his first5 games, or to what PC wants him to do. These are 2 different things, and 2 different offenses.
    John63
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:56 pm
  • TheLegendOfBoom wrote:Okay, I’ll give you some facts.

I would bet that there are 31 other NFL teams that wishes to see both their Offense and Defense play a complete game....in that same game.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:10 am
  • Figured it would still be NWBS on here today. But overall, it's a little better than expected.
    This is gonna' be a long week for the Doom and Gloomers, and there are many. And the same ones are probably bummed the team WON, again :?

5-5, yeah, the worst they can do is 5 losses on the SEASON. That one is an all time classic.
    Fire Pete and John
    Russ sucks
    Trade Bobby
    This defense will never play well against a good offense
    This team can't beat the Rams
    This team "rarely" wins big games
    blah blah blah blah blah
    Doom and gloom is a complete waste of energy, but the Hawks keep winning, and it gets more fun every week.

Thoughts and prayers to those who blatantly refuse to give credit where it's due and/or admit they were wrong :irishdrinkers:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:53 am
  • I see people giving credit. I also see people pointing out actual flaws. I see those things from the same person. All of you that can't survive without berating others for pointing out actual flaws, are worse than the "doom & gloomers" that point out actual flaws.
    Coming in and telling everyone they suck as fans because they can't enjoy a win, are getting annoying. Maybe get off your high horse, quit being passive aggressive towards people that don't post everything you want to hear. The way you act on here is as if the Seahawks have played every game perfectly, with zero errors and if someone disagrees with that, they aren't a true fan.
    notyou
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:12 am
  • Your opinion, and that's cool. And you clearly don't know me at all if you think I am not critical of the team when it's needed. That defense was horrific the first half of the year, no sugar coating it. I was right there with everyone else in my frustration.
    Nothing wrong with pointing out flaws, everyone does it. We all know when the team is playing bad football. It's the bashing of them 24/7 that just has worn on some of us. And it kind of just takes away the desire to come in here more than a couple days a week. But, there is also nothing wrong with believing in your team. 24/7 doom and gloom is a waste of energy, that's MY opinion. If you don't like it, that's ok. We can agree to disagree.
    Fan how you want.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:21 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Your opinion, and that's cool. And you clearly don't know me at all if you think I am not critical of the team when it's needed. That defense was horrific the first half of the year, no sugar coating it. I was right there with everyone else in my frustration.
    Nothing wrong with pointing out flaws, everyone does it. We all know when the team is playing bad football. It's the bashing of them 24/7 that just has worn on some of us. And it kind of just takes away the desire to come in here more than a couple days a week. But, there is also nothing wrong with believing in your team. 24/7 doom and gloom is a waste of energy, that's MY opinion. If you don't like it, that's ok. We can agree to disagree.
    Fan how you want.

I see some on here that do the exact same thing to anyone that points out a flaw in the team. Those people are no better than the ones they are berating for having a "negative" opinion.
    notyou
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:39 am
  • notyou wrote:I see people giving credit. I also see people pointing out actual flaws. I see those things from the same person. All of you that can't survive without berating others for pointing out actual flaws, are worse than the "doom & gloomers" that point out actual flaws.
    Coming in and telling everyone they suck as fans because they can't enjoy a win, are getting annoying. Maybe get off your high horse, quit being passive aggressive towards people that don't post everything you want to hear. The way you act on here is as if the Seahawks have played every game perfectly, with zero errors and if someone disagrees with that, they aren't a true fan.

What an absolute crock this is. There's not 1 poster on here who wasn't really concerned about the defense earlier this year. I'm still concerned about them. Nobody thinks they were playing well let alone "perfectly". They stunk & everybody knows it.

Serious question, explain to me how you have a discussion about coaching when there are several posters on this board who have posted verbatim that they want Pete Carroll fired & they do not care if the move works out. They are just ready for a change.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:54 am
  • I'm cool with 11 wins. Of course I enjoyed the Jets game and I enjoyed the last two games. We put up some points against a couple of the top Ds and did a good job keeping them out of the end zone. Boy, we have had some trouble with the Rams. We just beat them pretty soundly. Not a blowout. I think we had another score coming were it not for the penalty called on Metcalf after the running first down. Surprised we couldn't come up with a fumble at midfield. Not really worth worrying about all that now. I like that we haven't had Russ cook as much of late. I don't think Russ could take all the hits that go along with that. I like that Russ can use Metcalf as the main target but finds Hollister and Moore and others. Carson is a great runner, but I am glad they haven't been overusing him. Wow. Are special teams are great. Liking Reed as a return man. Could be that Cedric guy is getting better as a lineman. Enjoying the ride right now very much!
    capncrunch
    NET Starter

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:58 am
  • Watching my DVR replay as I always do after wins, still can't believe we didn't recover that fumble on the punt. That would have been nail in the coffin for sure. But, sometimes the team that fumbles gets an incredibly lucky break, and that was one. The call on DK was very ticky tack, and cost them a drive when they were moving the ball.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:57 am
  • Hockey Guy wrote:
    notyou wrote:I see people giving credit. I also see people pointing out actual flaws. I see those things from the same person. All of you that can't survive without berating others for pointing out actual flaws, are worse than the "doom & gloomers" that point out actual flaws.

What an absolute crock this is. There's not 1 poster on here who wasn't really concerned about the defense earlier this year. I'm still concerned about them. Nobody thinks they were playing well let alone "perfectly". They stunk & everybody knows it.

Serious question, explain to me how you have a discussion about coaching when there are several posters on this board who have posted verbatim that they want Pete Carroll fired & they do not care if the move works out. They are just ready for a change.

Some people here were still giving the, It must suck to win, when others were pointing out the horrible defensive play early in the year.

Some people have just seen the exact same thing from the team, without any change, except for a random game here or there, & think it's time for a coaching change. I'm sure a lot of those posts are during times in games where the offense &/or defense can't get anything going & it looks like the coaches aren't even trying to adjust their game plan.
    notyou
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:19 am
  • Is the defense getting better? Yes or No?
    Did they just beat the Rams to go 11-4, along w/a Division Title? Yes or No?

No NWBS needed. This is a great time to be a Hawks fan. And they are getting the job done. And absolutely can get better, and will.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:48 am
  • notyou wrote:Some people here were still giving the, It must suck to win, when others were pointing out the horrible defensive play early in the year.

Some people have just seen the exact same thing from the team, without any change, except for a random game here or there, & think it's time for a coaching change. I'm sure a lot of those posts are during times in games where the offense &/or defense can't get anything going & it looks like the coaches aren't even trying to adjust their game plan.

So basically.....a bunch of people that have no clue on what adjustments are being made or have no clue on WHY the offense or defense can't get anything going, want to fire coaches that have a 11-4 record, are seated fairly high in the play-offs, and won their Division in week 16. Got it.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:57 am
  • And sometimes you can actually tip the cap to the opponent. The Rams defense is #1 in the league for a reason. They are damn good, and it was tough sledding. Yet, the Hawks still put up 20. All while giving up 9 points.

In what world is that not a hell of a win?
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Previous

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:04 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information