THAT! Was a perfect game.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
I posted after the Eagles game that any win is a perfect game. I’m going to amend that statement to instead...any win is a perfect ending.

What I watched today was as close to a perfect game as I’ve ever seen. When I say game, I mean the actual gameplay of all participants. Not individual big plays sprinkled throughout with poor play on both sides.
This game had a defensive feel of a heavyweight fight. Both defenses brought it today.

Russ found his groove and the offense found what they needed to score more points in a hard fought battle.

nwHawk

Reaction score
Both defenses were awesome.

Both offenses, yeah not so good. Hawks did just enough. Hawks oline was blah, running game, blah, WRs getting open oh boy. Russ was good enough, and much better in the second half than he was in the first two quarters.

That said, hell yeah, NFC Division CHAMPS. Pete now has 5 of the 11 Seahawks Division Championships. Yeah, Pete. Keep doing you, Pete.

hawk45

Reaction score
I thought it was a well-schemed, well executed game plan.

At the last meeting we were still throwing it all over, and Russ had 2 picks and zero TDs, and we lost despite the D limiting the Rams to 23.

This meeting, once again the D brought the wood, and we were a bit more conservative on offense, yes. We limited risks, and limited turnovers, and this game is what the first game could have been with the same approach. Russ took what was there, which often wasn't much, and kept his powder dry for that 1 or 2 game-altering-play that needed to be made, and he made them.

Russ is a playmaker, but I think what he does best is make plays in the clutch and limit turnovers. This D has figured something out. Against teams who can't stuff the run like LA, we will win more easily, but even vs teams who can stuff the run, leaning on our D and making timely plays is a formula that is more sustainable than the 5 TD shootouts we were in earlier in the year.

And for at leasy the third time this year that I recall, our pass rush showed out to close a game. I'm not talking blitzes, I'm talking the big boys getting home. Sure I'd love it if we were in the backfield all game, but when the D has allowed 9 IDK what the pass rush looks like, getting those sacks late is a clincher.