Saints play at 10am

stang233

Reaction score
Man with saints playing before us.... If they win why not rest our starters. Nothing to play for.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Play everyone. We aren't good enough to rest on our laurels.

andyh64000

Reaction score
The times will be changed so that Seattle, New Orleans, and Green Bay play at the same time.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
andyh64000":345y6mcp said:
The times will be changed so that Seattle, New Orleans, and Green Bay play at the same time.

Yeah, most likely.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2n523twy said:
andyh64000":2n523twy said:

Yeah, most likely.

Yup, NFL likes to do that and for good reason, I guess.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't see this as a good time to "rest" anybody. 49ers will come to play, we should, too. If we get up on them like we did against the Jets, sure...do it. But I don't see Pete letting up at all this week.

We've clinched the #3 seed, but the #2 seed is still a good possibility and the #1 may be a long shot, but it's still there and I don't see a letup.

I suspect the new playoff setup was enacted to increase motivation in game 16s around the league.

Polaris

Reaction score
You. Play. To. Win. The. Game. To quote Herm Edwards. To wit, we simply don't know yet what will happen. Who would have guessed that the Rams would have laid an egg against the Jets just a couple of weeks after we thoroughly waxed the stadium with them?

renofox

Reaction score
sutz":3ex0uyw7 said:
I don't see this as a good time to "rest" anybody. 49ers will come to play, we should, too. If we get up on them like we did against the Jets, sure...do it. But I don't see Pete letting up at all this week.

We've clinched the #3 seed, but the #2 seed is still a good possibility and the #1 may be a long shot, but it's still there and I don't see a letup.

I suspect the new playoff setup was enacted to increase motivation in game 16s around the league.

:ditto:

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
I want us to go with a pass heavy game plan to get Russ back in the groove.

RiverDog

Reaction score
It's been a long season and a lot of our guys aren't completely healthy. They can use a day off. In addition, the Niners have nothing to play for and a lot of them are playing for their jobs, not giving a rip if their team gets penalized for a personal foul. I'm not sure if I want to put Russell back there on the firing line in a meaningless game amongst a bunch of head hunters.

Just something to think about.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3pu3gzfe said:
Spin Doctor":3pu3gzfe said:
I want us to go with a pass heavy game plan to get Russ back in the groove.

Would a 60/40 split make you happy?
I think a lot of Russ and Penny would be beneficial, get them some confidence back.

LTH

Reaction score
RiverDog":nfqcy6rw said:
It's been a long season and a lot of our guys aren't completely healthy. They can use a day off. In addition, the Niners have nothing to play for and a lot of them are playing for their jobs, not giving a rip if their team gets penalized for a personal foul. I'm not sure if I want to put Russell back there on the firing line in a meaningless game amongst a bunch of head hunters.

I think there is something to be said about resting the players so they can get healthy going into the playoffs but I kind of agree with Sutz (go NAVY), don't want to give up an inch of momentum Plus I think SF would LOVE to derail the Hawks here so I'm not thinking they have nothing to play for... they play for pride... Not Like Sherman is going to give up he doesn't know how to give up...

Just my take

LTH

sutz

Reaction score
RiverDog":12hwnen2 said:

Everybody is sore and carrying nagging owies this time of year. I don't consider the game meaningless. I haven't given up on bumping our seed up a notch, either.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
Here's the official depth chart:

https://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart

We won't know anything about whether our opponent or the aforementioned teams are doing before we ourselves have to turn in our inactives--and the only place I see to realistically do that is with two, maybe three people who are not being played in the rotation.

The biggest exemption I could see is maybe Snacks being put in as an active No. 3...but they've already removed him from the roster.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":128utdmo said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Mitch_Seattle/status/1343734117637136385[/tweet]

Ah, I see even the Rams didn't go for Haskins as a body.

Point is...there aren't all that many guys that can serve as healthy inactives.