Likely first round matchup: Cards at Hawks

seabowl

Reaction score
After messing around with the playoff predictor it looks like the most likely scenario is Cards at Hawks in round1 especially if Goff is out and Cards beat Rams. Good but not great matchup for Hawks. Thoughts?

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
We are going to just have to beat four teams in the playoffs out of the other 13 that make it. For as long as possible, and to hope for upsets, I’d like to stay away from GB. As we sit I’m hoping we see the Bears in round 1 as Mitchell in his first playoff game against us (albeit without the crowd) is a good thing. Cardinals/Rams (both possible matchups) aren’t afraid of us though I think both are taking on water the last couple weeks. Kyler, who is no Russell and Goff, hurt or not, have both beaten us. Would prefer to see Trubisky and keep gaining confidence.

rcaido

Reaction score
if cardinals win next week Rams are out if Bears beat GB. Pretty crazy. The 3 possible team we play are Cards, Bears, Or Rams.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
rcaido":2352ak2j said:
if cardinals win next week Rams are out if Bears beat GB. Pretty crazy. The 3 possible team we play are Cards, Bears, Or Rams.

All of those our favorable matchups for the hawks.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
rcaido":2jebawiv said:

I know we just beat the Rams, and their offense appears to be a bit messy currently, but I still would prefer not to face that defense in round 1 if possible.

Much prefer Cards/Bears.

LTH

Reaction score
Well.. I don't know but I can say one thing the Rams are demoralized....

LTH

vonstout

Reaction score
Hard to say who we’ll play. I think we could be the 1,2, or 3 seed. Assuming we will be 3, so if Rams win, we get them again. If they lose, we get Zona or Bears. The Rams backup, Wolford hasn’t taken a snap in a real NFL game, so if Zona can’t win that, they don’t deserve to be in the playoffs.

Rat

Reaction score
Cards have looked bad lately, but I'd still rather stay away from another NFC West matchup. Those games seem to have any outcome as a possibility. Hard to see us losing to the Bears unless Nagy is smart enough to unlock that Nick Foles playoffs magic.

vonstout

Reaction score
PateratoWilson":29kfyz77 said:
We are going to just have to beat four teams in the playoffs out of the other 13 that make it. For as long as possible, and to hope for upsets, I’d like to stay away from GB. As we sit I’m hoping we see the Bears in round 1 as Mitchell in his first playoff game against us (albeit without the crowd) is a good thing. Cardinals/Rams (both possible matchups) aren’t afraid of us though I think both are taking on water the last couple weeks. Kyler, who is no Russell and Goff, hurt or not, have both beaten us. Would prefer to see Trubisky and keep gaining confidence.

Mitch has played in the playoffs. Even though the Bears have won 3 in a row, it was the Vikes, Lions, and Jags. They need to run the ball because it’s unlikely they win if he needs to throw it much. I don’t see the Bears beating the Pack, so I think we’ll get the winner of the Rams/Cards. I’d rather have the Cards unless Goff is out several weeks with broken thumb

PateratoWilson

Reaction score
vonstout":3nwae1cz said:
PateratoWilson":3nwae1cz said:

Mitch has played in the playoffs. Even though the Bears have won 3 in a row, it was the Vikes, Lions, and Jags. They need to run the ball because it’s unlikely they win if he needs to throw it much. I don’t see the Bears beating the Pack, so I think we’ll get the winner of the Rams/Cards. I’d rather have the Cards unless Goff is out several weeks with broken thumb

Good catch as I forgot about ‘18. Agree with you points.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'd rather take any of those teams in Seattle vs having to make the trip cross country, even to play the NFC East. We could see the Rams minus Goff. Seahawks have the QB edge in all three, and base on what I saw out of the Cards on Sat, not scared of them either.

getnasty

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1xxaap7s said:
I'd rather take any of those teams in Seattle vs having to make the trip cross country, even to play the NFC East. We could see the Rams minus Goff. Seahawks have the QB edge in all three, and base on what I saw out of the Cards on Sat, not scared of them either.

Rams might be better wothout Goff.

gLan

Reaction score
http://playoffstatus.com/nfl/seahawksstandings.html has us at
  • 42% chance hosting the Rams,
  • 24% chance hosting the Bears,
  • 22% chance hosting the Cardinals,
  • 5% chance hosting the Bucs, and
  • 7% chance for a first round bye.

Personally, I like the Cardinals most and still, I don't like to see the Rams, even with a Backup QB. We managed them today very well, but this may change if McVay adapts somehow.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
getnasty":2nmfbncr said:
HawkRiderFan":2nmfbncr said:

Rams might be better wothout Goff.

He's a shadow of 2018 Goff, but I'll take a Goff-less Ram team. Although we would be in for a week of "back-ups always burn us" talk

WmHBonney

Reaction score
It will be interesting to see where everyone ends up.

AubHawk71

Reaction score
We'd better hope for a miracle next Sunday, or else that GB gets knocked out before we have to meet them.

In the Russ v. Rodgers era we are 4-4, all wins in Seattle, all Ls at Lambeau.

And as mentioned on another thread, GB tends to get more 'home cookin'' from the refs, even when they are on the road.

Fingers crossed...

W

Welshers

First I'd want the Bears and then the Rams if Goff ain't playing. But I'd take any of those 3. I just really hope either NO or GB loses so we can get the 2nd seed and secure a home game in the divisional round if we win. Chi beating GB would be giant for us because it would mean in no scenario we would have to go to Lambeau as long as we beat Santa Clara