Do Not Sell My Personal Information

So we won the division. Big deal!

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
So we won the division. Big deal!
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:50 pm
  • We will be 1 and done in the playoffs. I mean we will probably win the first one and then be done. If we manage to win in the next round, we will lose the NFC championship. If we make it to the Super Bowl we will lose and everyone knows if you don’t win it all, why bother?

Our defense sucks, Russ is broken, Pete is old and senile, Shotty can’t play call his way out of a paper bag, and Norton is worse than Cable.

I don’t know why they even play the season since they know they can’t win the SB.
    Last edited by Norcalhawklover on Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

Re: So we won the division. Big deal!
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:50 pm
  • subtle
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:51 pm
  • Norcalhawklover wrote:We will be 1 and done in the playoffs. I mean we will probably callwin the first one and then be done. If we manage to win in the next round, we will lose the NFC championship. If we make it to the Super Bowl we will lose and everyone knows if you don’t win it all, why bother?

Our defense sucks, Russ is broken, Pete is old and senile, Shotty can’t play call his way out of a paper bag, and Norton is worse than Cable.

I don’t know why they even play the season since they know they can’t win the SB.

This is why you should not do Crack
    John63
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:52 pm
  • John63 wrote:
    Norcalhawklover wrote:We will be 1 and done in the playoffs. I mean we will probably callwin the first one and then be done. If we manage to win in the next round, we will lose the NFC championship. If we make it to the Super Bowl we will lose and everyone knows if you don’t win it all, why bother?

This is why you should not do Crack

Lol :D :D
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:53 pm
  • Norcalhawklover showing up on .NET for that free crack giveaway:

RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:54 pm
  • I really don't care, all I want is to get past the divisional rounds. This season is a failure without an NFC Championship appearance. I've lost all faith in Pete to get things done in the playoffs, being able to get things done in the divisional game would be huge.
    Spin Doctor
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:00 pm
  • You think you're funny, but your sarcasm is dumb and pointless.
    TypeSly
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:02 pm
  • Troll in the dungeon!
    Jerhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:08 pm
  • Spin Doctor wrote:I really don't care, all I want is to get past the divisional rounds. This season is a failure without an NFC Championship appearance. I've lost all faith in Pete to get things done in the playoffs, being able to get things done in the divisional game would be huge.

We know you won't be happy until Jim Mora is coaching again.......
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:09 pm
  • Norcalhawklover wrote:We will be 1 and done in the playoffs. I mean we will probably win the first one and then be done. If we manage to win in the next round, we will lose the NFC championship. If we make it to the Super Bowl we will lose and everyone knows if you don’t win it all, why bother?

Who da heck is this guy? I remember watching my first playoff experience haha
    ScottishHawk84
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:10 pm
  • He's mocking all you losers who are negative nellies 24/7 on here, you all deserve it.. You guys should seek help, being that negative in life is really unhealthy.
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:11 pm
  • Even if we win the big game, that confetti gets everywhere.
    pinksheets
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:13 pm
  • Ambrose83 wrote:He's mocking all you losers who are negative nellies 24/7 on here, you all deserve it.. You guys should seek help, being that negative in life is really unhealthy.

Well I suppose that's one way to go about things as opposed to offering up football opinions.

For me negative nellies are to be engaged on the merits or ignored if there are no merits, but this is just feeding oxygen to the flames.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:28 pm
  • Big deal, I look at it as first step and just a asterisk on the season, nice accomplishment and goal to achieve, sets up achieving the next one.

That is really how spoiled we are now and seasoned as fans, we know it's a step for a better chance in the playoffs and more laundry in the Rafters.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:38 am
  • Spin Doctor wrote:I really don't care, all I want is to get past the divisional rounds. This season is a failure without an NFC Championship appearance. I've lost all faith in Pete to get things done in the playoffs, being able to get things done in the divisional game would be huge.

But... your lack of confidence or faith in Pete is irrelevant to anything that actually happens on the field.

Thanks for sharing it, though, I guess. At least this site provides that safe space to let it all out.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:04 am
  • Norcalhawklover wrote:We will be 1 and done in the playoffs. I mean we will probably win the first one and then be done. If we manage to win in the next round, we will lose the NFC championship. If we make it to the Super Bowl we will lose and everyone knows if you don’t win it all, why bother?

On a day where we should all be celebrating you post this $h!t. Too busy playing the blame game to even enjoy this special moment.

What makes you any different from the chronic complainers?
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:10 am

Heh. This is quality stuff.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:32 am
  • Get bent.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:29 am
  • Well played OP.
    UK_Seahawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:42 am
  • Don’t get the original post. Yeah it kind of is a big deal.

Look, I don’t always like the game plans or play calls from time to time, but as long as they win, that’s all that matters.

What I have a problem with is when those things cost you wins. If the Hawks win, that is the bottom line., and just hope the coaching staff and players learn from their mistakes.

Winning is all that matters.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Mon Dec 28, 2020 4:12 am
  • OP was funny.

And a big whooooosh for some.
    Madrid Hawk
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2020 5:47 am
  • hawk45 wrote:
    Ambrose83 wrote:He's mocking all you losers who are negative nellies 24/7 on here, you all deserve it.. You guys should seek help, being that negative in life is really unhealthy.

Well I suppose that's one way to go about things as opposed to offering up football opinions.

For me negative nellies are to be engaged on the merits or ignored if there are no merits, but this is just feeding oxygen to the flames.

The negative Nancy's typically forget a very important piece of the NFL puzzle. The other team gets paid to play and win too. The same people who throw a fit when Russ throws a pick will b!@ch that we haven't gotten enough ints. The same ones who say that Russ almost had 2 interceptions today will lament Adams hands and missing an easy one.

You somehow expect everything to go your way and life just isn't like that. Russell Wilson is the best quarterback in franchise history. He is not perfect and he is too short to see many of the things a taller QB would see. Of course if he were 6'4, he would have gone as the 1st or 2nd pick in the first round and he would be leading another team to victory's.

This is the best time to be a Seahawk fan and I just won't let the few non great things get me down.
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:49 am
  • Negative Nancys? Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact. Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...fact. the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...fact.... RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....fact.. have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact. have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...fact... not sure how pointing out these facts and commenting on them during the season makes you a negative Nancy but ok. Fact is this team is good but not championship good. Pete Carroll will never make the necessary adjustments to make this team a SB contender because he's too hard headed and set in his ways. RW will never be the best QB in the game until he has a line that can pass protect for more than 1.5 seconds, I don't care what star you bring in at a skill position. This isn't being a negative Nancy, it's called reality...I like division banners as much as the next guy, but you'll have to excuse me if I'd like to see more out of my team, especially when they have the talent to achieve much more.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:06 am
  • hawker84 wrote:Negative Nancys? Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact. Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...fact. the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...fact.... RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....fact.. have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact. have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...fact... not sure how pointing out these facts and commenting on them during the season makes you a negative Nancy but ok. Fact is this team is good but not championship good. Pete Carroll will never make the necessary adjustments to make this team a SB contender because he's too hard headed and set in his ways. RW will never be the best QB in the game until he has a line that can pass protect for more than 1.5 seconds, I don't care what star you bring in at a skill position. This isn't being a negative Nancy, it's called reality...I like division banners as much as the next guy, but you'll have to excuse me if I'd like to see more out of my team, especially when they have the talent to achieve much more.

Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact.
    Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...OPINION.
    the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...OPINION
    RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....OPINION
    have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact.
    have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...OPINION...or maybe fact. Depending on a person's perspective.
    Nunya
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:35 am
  • hawker84 wrote:Negative Nancys? Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact. Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...fact. the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...fact.... RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....fact.. have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact. have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...fact... not sure how pointing out these facts and commenting on them during the season makes you a negative Nancy but ok. Fact is this team is good but not championship good. Pete Carroll will never make the necessary adjustments to make this team a SB contender because he's too hard headed and set in his ways. RW will never be the best QB in the game until he has a line that can pass protect for more than 1.5 seconds, I don't care what star you bring in at a skill position. This isn't being a negative Nancy, it's called reality...I like division banners as much as the next guy, but you'll have to excuse me if I'd like to see more out of my team, especially when they have the talent to achieve much more.

Don't you think it would be best for all concerned if you just switch teams depending on who is playing well at the moment? Then you MIGHT find something to be happy about. Or you could just watch highlights and say, "that is my team".

Does your name denote the year you became a fan? If so, how did you survive the 90's?
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2020 7:37 am
  • Norcalhawklover wrote:We will be 1 and done in the playoffs. I mean we will probably win the first one and then be done.

BECAUSE RUN RUN PASS SOFT ZONE
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:21 am
  • Norcalhawklover wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Negative Nancys? Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact. Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...fact. the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...fact.... RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....fact.. have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact. have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...fact... not sure how pointing out these facts and commenting on them during the season makes you a negative Nancy but ok. Fact is this team is good but not championship good. Pete Carroll will never make the necessary adjustments to make this team a SB contender because he's too hard headed and set in his ways. RW will never be the best QB in the game until he has a line that can pass protect for more than 1.5 seconds, I don't care what star you bring in at a skill position. This isn't being a negative Nancy, it's called reality...I like division banners as much as the next guy, but you'll have to excuse me if I'd like to see more out of my team, especially when they have the talent to achieve much more.

Don't you think it would be best for all concerned if you just switch teams depending on who is playing well at the moment? Then you MIGHT find something to be happy about. Or you could just watch highlights and say, "that is my team".

Does your name denote the year you became a fan? If so, how did you survive the 90's?

1st off, my life doesn't revolve around seahawks football,, which is why I have no problem calling out players and coaches, that's how i survived the 70's, 80's and 90's. Secondly, I watched my first live seahawk game in the kingdome. Was a season ticket holder through the 80's and 90's. How about you? You see, I'm a big boy, I can be not happy with how my team's performing or how our coaches are under performing amd make comments about that and still love my team.. i guess because you're a super fan, you think you have the right to tell me i can't say anything negative about the team and still be a real fan, but at the same time, you still havent pointed out anything I said to be false...I'll wait.
    Last edited by hawker84 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:39 am, edited 4 times in total.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:24 am
  • Nunya wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:Negative Nancys? Our defense was historically bad 1st 3 quarters of the season..fact. Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...fact. the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...fact.... RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....fact.. have we improved as a team on defense yes...fact. have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...fact... not sure how pointing out these facts and commenting on them during the season makes you a negative Nancy but ok. Fact is this team is good but not championship good. Pete Carroll will never make the necessary adjustments to make this team a SB contender because he's too hard headed and set in his ways. RW will never be the best QB in the game until he has a line that can pass protect for more than 1.5 seconds, I don't care what star you bring in at a skill position. This isn't being a negative Nancy, it's called reality...I like division banners as much as the next guy, but you'll have to excuse me if I'd like to see more out of my team, especially when they have the talent to achieve much more.

Pete Carroll was repeatedly out coached and unable to make necessary adjustments again this season...OPINION.
    the majority of our game plans, are predictable and have been figured out...OPINION
    RW sucked ass the second half of the season and continues to make head scratching rookie decisions in his 9th season....OPINION
    have we declined in effectiveness on offense? Yes...OPINION...or maybe fact. Depending on a person's perspective.

I respect this.
    Last edited by hawker84 on Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:26 am
  • Wow this is pretty negative even for me and no this isn’t my burner account.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:33 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    Norcalhawklover wrote:

I watched my first live seahawk game in the kingdome. Was a season ticket holder through the 80's and 90's. how bout you? What have i said that's false? I'll wait.

I can no more say your views are false than you can say they are fact. You look at everything as a negative and I see that there are 22 guys on the other team hell bent on making the Seahawks look bad. Sometimes the other guy gets the better of you and sometimes you get the better of them. We have so far gotten the better of the other team on 11 out of 15 tries and I think that is really good. Some tend to focus on the 4 that the other guys won, but not me.

Undisputable facts are that we have won 11 games, the NFC West, are still in the running for the #1 seed, and can beat any team or lose to any team depending on the day. See the difference between fact and opinion?? I'll wait.
    Last edited by Norcalhawklover on Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:35 am
  • pinksheets wrote:Even if we win the big game, that confetti gets everywhere.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Someone give the man a prize!
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:44 am
  • Norcalhawklover wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Norcalhawklover wrote:

I watched my first live seahawk game in the kingdome. Was a season ticket holder through the 80's and 90's. how bout you? What have i said that's false? I'll wait.

I can no more say your views are false than you can say they are fact. You look at everything as a negative and I see that there are 22 guys on the other team hell bent on making the Seahawks look bad. Sometimes the other guy gets the better of you and sometimes you get the better of them. We have so far gotten the better of the other team on 11 out of 15 tries and I think that is really good. Some tend to focus on the 4 that the other guys won, but not me.

I mean we can dig out some stats if we need to, i dont think my comments are too far off.. And i never commented once about wins and losses. Never made a reference to it in my post at all. I commented on coaching and players actual play on the field. You want to talk about wins and losses, 11 and 4 is great, division titles are great. We have what it takes to beat GB or the Saints? How about KC? Who have we beaten that's of that caliber this year? Those are the wins that matter to me... but hey, I hope you're right and I'm eating a plate full of crow, I truly do. But I know my team and I know this coaching staff, and because of that, I have very little confidence for a deep playoff run or SB championship. Just my opinion... just keeping it real. If that makes me a negative Nancy, then I'm guilty as charged..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:00 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    Norcalhawklover wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Norcalhawklover wrote:

I mean we can dig out some stats if we need to,, and i never commented once about wins and losses. Never made a reference to it in my post at all. I commented on coaching and players actual play on the field. You want to talk about wins and losses, 11 and 4 is great, division titles are great. We have what it takes to beat GB or the Saints? How about KC? Those are the wins that matter to me...

Is it possible to have an actual conversation with you? Doubtful. Wins and losses are about the only FACTS that we can post and the rest is OPINION. Your opinion is that we suck and mine is that we are better than most. You have the OPINION that our HC will never win another SB, and the FACT is that only 1 HC gets to win and 31 are losers. Your OPINION has a 31 in 32 chance of ending up correct so you consider your OPINION to be an educated one. My OPINION is that you are a sad person who hates everything.

Your OPINION is that Russ "sucked ass" the second half of the season, but the FACT is in the first 8 games the team was 6 and 2 and in the second half of the season the team is 5 and 2. Russ was the reason we won games in the first half and it seems that his incredibly hot start has cooled, but "Sucked ass" is not based in reality.

It is my opinion that you "Suck ass" as a fan.
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:10 am
  • Norcalhawklover wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Norcalhawklover wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:

I mean we can dig out some stats if we need to,, and i never commented once about wins and losses. Never made a reference to it in my post at all. I commented on coaching and players actual play on the field. You want to talk about wins and losses, 11 and 4 is great, division titles are great. We have what it takes to beat GB or the Saints? How about KC? Those are the wins that matter to me...

Is it possible to have an actual conversation with you? Doubtful. Wins and losses are about the only FACTS that we can post and the rest is OPINION. Your opinion is that we suck and mine is that we are better than most. You have the OPINION that our HC will never win another SB, and the FACT is that only 1 HC gets to win and 31 are losers. Your OPINION has a 31 in 32 chance of ending up correct so you consider your OPINION to be an educated one. My OPINION is that you are a sad person who hates everything.

Your OPINION is that Russ "sucked ass" the second half of the season, but the FACT is in the first 8 games the team was 6 and 2 and in the second half of the season the team is 5 and 2. Russ was the reason we won games in the first half and it seems that his incredibly hot start has cooled, but "Sucked ass" is not based in reality.

Like I said, stats don't lie.. RW play dropped off second half of the season. That's a fact. There is no bigger RW fan than me, but the stats don't lie... Our offensive production has dropped off, that's a fact. Our defensive production has improved, that's a fact. I never said our team sucks, I said they're not good enough to beat the elite teams. That's also a fact, go re-read my post. The only thing I stated that is opinion is I believe Carroll's inability to change with the times has and will continue to hender this team in its quest for a 2nd SB title. Again you have shown me nothing to dispute my claims, other than wins and losses. Which mean nothing going into the playoffs where every team is 0-0..... and your opinion of me means nothing obviously, prove me wrong super fan, show me some stats where I'm wrong. Still waiting..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:17 am
  • hawker84 wrote:
    Norcalhawklover wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Norcalhawklover wrote:

Like I said, stats don't lie.. RW play dropped off second half of the season. That's a fact. There is no bigger RW fan than me, but the stats don't lie... Our offensive production has dropped off, that's a fact. Our defensive production has improved that's a fact. I never said our team sucks I said they're not good enough to beat the elite teams. That's also a fact, gonre-read my post. The only thing I stated that is opinion is I believe Carroll's inability to change with the times has and will continue to hender this team in its quest for a 2nd SB title. Again you have shown me nothing to dispute my claims, other than wins and losses. Which mean nothing going into the playoffs where every team is 0-0..... and your opinion of me means nothing obviously, prove me wrong super fan, show me some stats where I'm wrong. Still waiting..

Please think of the worst thing a person can say to another. This is what I would like to say to you, but do not want to get banned.

I do not want to talk to you anymore, and your sick mind will consider it a win. Good for you. You need a win!
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2020 9:23 am
  • Norcalhawklover wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:
    Norcalhawklover wrote:
    hawker84 wrote:

Like I said, stats don't lie.. RW play dropped off second half of the season. That's a fact. There is no bigger RW fan than me, but the stats don't lie... Our offensive production has dropped off, that's a fact. Our defensive production has improved that's a fact. I never said our team sucks I said they're not good enough to beat the elite teams. That's also a fact, gonre-read my post. The only thing I stated that is opinion is I believe Carroll's inability to change with the times has and will continue to hender this team in its quest for a 2nd SB title. Again you have shown me nothing to dispute my claims, other than wins and losses. Which mean nothing going into the playoffs where every team is 0-0..... and your opinion of me means nothing obviously, prove me wrong super fan, show me some stats where I'm wrong. Still waiting..

Please think of the worst thing a person can say to another. This is what I would like to say to you, but do not want to get banned.

I do not want to talk to you anymore, and your sick mind will consider it a win. Good for you. You need a win!

Lol, pretty much the response I expected. Sorry that all you have in life is Seahawks football. Let me know when you come up with those stats..
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:16 am
  • :34853_doh:
    Yeah, things are SO bad here in Seattle.
    Playoffs 9 of 11 years
    Division Title
    11-4 record
    Winning consistently really sucks. Sorry that Russ doesn't play the way YOU want him to.

I get that the original post was likely a shot at the Debbie's, so it's actually kind of funny.
    Yet those same doom and gloomers are whining and moaning about the defense from well over a month ago. Get over it, and enjoy what you are seeing. A GOOD defense and a damn good team, that clearly can get even better.
    But, complaining after WIN is typical on dot negative and it likely won't ever change.

11-4, the ONLY stat that truly matters.
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:39 am
  • The problem with dripping sarcasm is that some actually take it seriously. :roll:
    WarHawks
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:41 am
  • It was actually a pretty funny post. And like someone has already mentioned, the doom and gloomers deserve every bit of it. And then some...…..
    I honestly think some people are mad that they are winning. And it's interesting how they vanish after every win. Or downplay a great win. How sad is that?
    Last edited by SoulfishHawk on Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:04 am
  • WarHawks wrote:The problem with dripping sarcasm is that some actually take it seriously. :roll:

I think some take it seriously because we are conditioned to believe that stupid negative posts are real because there are so many of them.

In case there is any doubt, the OP was completely sarcastic.
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:16 am
  • Norcalhawklover wrote:
    WarHawks wrote:The problem with dripping sarcasm is that some actually take it seriously. :roll:

I think some take it seriously because we are conditioned to believe that stupid negative posts are real because there are so many of them.

In case there is any doubt, the OP was completely sarcastic.

That's why there are emojis. You can't always tell just from the text.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:19 am
  • Oh well, they won the division and it IS a big deal. On to Sunday.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:24 am
  • You'd think a division title and a win (finally) against the team's nemesis would bring out the best in .Net...

Instead, its a continuation of a 4 season long point scoring contest.

I agree with both sides of most arguments had on here: Wilson is great, but can be better. PC is great, can be better. These are all reasonable arguments that lean in either direction from week to week (the team is consistently successful, which says a lot).

What drags these things down to petty jabs is the emotional absolutism that some bring to the argument. Its a few, to be fair, but they are the loudest and most relentless (on either side).

But...hell... without that this place would be pretty bland.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:26 am
  • True, and I'm fully aware I get too worked up.
    I'll scale it back, kind of have said my peace......over and over again :)
    What a huge win that was on Sunday though. Especially against THAT team.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:29 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:True, and I'm fully aware I get too worked up.
    I'll scale it back, kind of have said my peace......over and over again :)
    What a huge win that was on Sunday though. Especially against THAT team.

no, no, no. Don't scale it back. level headed debate is for coffee shops and CSPAN. This is football, during a pandemic. We all need a pillow to scream into now and again.

I'd just hope everyone is taking just a pause between loosing their next arrow to enjoy beating the Rams and their smug coach.
    Uncle Si
    * NET Hottie *

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:32 am
  • We should all be able to enjoy a win & still be able to point out flaws within the team, without getting berated as what type of fan we are. Enjoy the games, enjoy the wins, and be able to discuss the flaws that need fixed. There will be flaws in pretty much every game. There will be good things in pretty much every game as well.
    notyou
    NET Rookie

Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:45 am
  • Very little to look down on from Sunday. That was their best all around game imo.
    Especially defensively. And when it counted, Russ and the offense put up two HUGE long touchdown drives.
    And to do it against the Rams? I wouldn't change a thing. We didn't have to spend 3 hours listening to Troy and Joe gobbing on pretty boy McVay's knob. Bonus
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Tue Dec 29, 2020 4:36 pm
  • hawker84 wrote:
    Nunya wrote:

I respect this.

:34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh: :34853_doh:
    LTH
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Wed Dec 30, 2020 1:54 am
  • pinksheets wrote:Even if we win the big game, that confetti gets everywhere.

And buying all that championship gear? In this economy? Who needs that?
    Seahawk Sailor
    * .NET Navy Bad Ass *

Wed Dec 30, 2020 4:51 am
  • Seahawk Sailor wrote:
    pinksheets wrote:Even if we win the big game, that confetti gets everywhere.

And buying all that championship gear? In this economy? Who needs that?

And you know the victory parade will be in crappy weather, 31 degrees and raining, everyone will have to be socially distanced, and you'll get into a fender bender driving away, and then, while exchanging insurance info, have a slip and fall on the icy road and break a hip.

Let's all root for a wildcard game close loss to avoid this catastrophe! :twisted:
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Next

It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 3:05 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information