Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brooks is rapidly improving, great game

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Brooks is rapidly improving, great game
Sun Dec 27, 2020 7:50 pm
  • He is starting to flash his first round potential.
    seabowl
    NET Veteran

• seabowl wrote:He is starting to flash his first round potential.

But Queen!!!
    Norcalhawklover
    NET Rookie

• Far as I can tell Brooks has been solid all year. But yeah, he def showed up and made a splash today.

Getting so that I'm happy when it's Brooks in coverage vs our other LBs.
    hawk45
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Love the way he reads, diagnoses, and closes on run plays. And he's definitely shown some coverage chops. I'd say he's doing great for a rookie with limited opportunities. He'll be a great player for us for a long time.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

• Smart player. Feels like whenever there's a defensive breakdown, it's never on him.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• His downhill and lateral run defense is fantastic. He's fast, strong, and the way he just knows how to weave through traffic to attack the ball can't be taught. His speed and instinct shows similarly in coverage, where he shows the ability to cover ground and bait quarterbacks.

His college film is translating directly to his pro play thus far.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Yup. Seems very Bobby like...when I watched his college highlights it was glaring. He is going to be a tackle machine nose for the ball type of player.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• jamescasey1124 wrote:Yup. Seems very Bobby like...when I watched his college highlights it was glaring. He is going to be a tackle machine nose for the ball type of player.

Yep. He's very similar to Bobby. I think his best fit is at Mike - but he can play each of the linebacker spots and has the skillset to excel at each, just like Bobby.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• Looks like something is starting to click so he can play down hill, once he is doing this regularly he should be explosive and get Highlight plays.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Maelstrom787 wrote:
    jamescasey1124 wrote:Yup. Seems very Bobby like...when I watched his college highlights it was glaring. He is going to be a tackle machine nose for the ball type of player.

Yep. He's very similar to Bobby. I think his best fit is at Mike - but he can play each of the linebacker spots and has the skillset to excel at each, just like Bobby.

Exactly. He is a mike, but we have bobby there which is why when brooks is in the game...wright shifts down to set edge off the line. They are using brooks to his strengths while also letting kj devour tes and push them far back passed the line of scrimmage.

It's kind of like shaving a double mike situation while still keeping wright on the field.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• He was credited with 1 solo and 2 assisted tackles on that goal line stand. Not the only time he impacted the outcome of this game, either. He’s going to be a stud
    LoneHawkFan
    NET Veteran

• LoneHawkFan wrote:He was credited with 1 solo and 2 assisted tackles on that goal line stand. Not the only time he impacted the outcome of this game, either. He’s going to be a stud

He is...except with bobby in the way...in this defensive scheme he wont get to play. Where as bobby came in 2012 and immediately played. I dont want to get rid of bobby or wright. I think we need to make a defensive scheme change. Shift to a 34 defense. Bobby and brooks stay on the field at all times as Mike's. Kj is the rolb. Griffin should be the left outside linebacker, but play opposite of opponents blocking strength. Or crazy thought Adam's. Let neal and diggs roam the back end.

Dunlap reed and poona on the line. Rotate them out for rest.

Griffin, flowers, reed and amadi our corners. Blair next year too.

That d would be scary good. We would drop everyone. But hey...we just had a solid d performance.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• Where’s all the Queen lovers/Brooks haters??? *crickets.......
    PNW
    NET Starter

• jamescasey1124 wrote:
    LoneHawkFan wrote:He was credited with 1 solo and 2 assisted tackles on that goal line stand. Not the only time he impacted the outcome of this game, either. He’s going to be a stud

He is...except with bobby in the way...in this defensive scheme he wont get to play. Where as bobby came in 2012 and immediately played. I dont want to get rid of bobby or wright. I think we need to make a defensive scheme change. Shift to a 34 defense. Bobby and brooks stay on the field at all times as Mike's. Kj is the rolb. Griffin should be the left outside linebacker, but play opposite of opponents blocking strength. Or crazy thought Adam's. Let neal and diggs roam the back end.

That d would be scary good. We would drop everyone. But hey...we just had a solid d performance.

Bobby had to beat out Mike Morgan to win the starting job in 2012, Brooks would have done the same thing this year if Mike Morgan was who he had to beat out.
    PNW
    NET Starter

• PNW wrote:
    jamescasey1124 wrote:
    LoneHawkFan wrote:He was credited with 1 solo and 2 assisted tackles on that goal line stand. Not the only time he impacted the outcome of this game, either. He’s going to be a stud

Bobby had to beat out Mike Morgan to win the starting job in 2012, Brooks would have done the same thing this year if Mike Morgan was who he had to beat out.

No kj played mike 2012 to start and 2011. Wags took over for him early in the season 2012.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• He’s a keeper on today’s game alone.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

• PNW wrote:Where’s all the Queen lovers/Brooks haters??? *crickets.......

Queen is good too.

I don't think there were Brooks haters, as much as it seemed like a strange position for us to invest a first rounder in. The current regime doesn't have a great track record for first round picks, but he's looking like he belongs at least.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Definitely looks like a big hit by JS in the draft, along with all the others.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

• jamescasey1124 wrote:
    PNW wrote:
    jamescasey1124 wrote:

No kj played mike 2012 to start and 2011. Wags took over for him early in the season 2012.

Mike wasn’t KJ’s natural position, they were doing that out of necessity, wrong about BWags, he stepped in as the starting MLB once the season started.
    PNW
    NET Starter

• Rat wrote:
    PNW wrote:Where’s all the Queen lovers/Brooks haters??? *crickets.......

Queen is good too.

I don't think there were Brooks haters, as much as it seemed like a strange position for us to invest a first rounder in. The current regime doesn't have a great track record for first round picks, but he's looking like he belongs at least.

There were definitely Brooks haters/Queen lovers, you must’ve missed those threads
    PNW
    NET Starter

• Rat wrote:
    PNW wrote:Where’s all the Queen lovers/Brooks haters??? *crickets.......

Queen is good too.

Fans tend to have excessively high expectations of rookies. Where we pick every year in the last third of the round, you don't really get that many "impact" players who break out in game one of their rookie season.

Brooks is proving his worth on the field.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• PNW wrote:
    jamescasey1124 wrote:
    PNW wrote:
    jamescasey1124 wrote:

Mike wasn’t KJ’s natural position, they were doing that out of necessity, wrong about BWags, he stepped in as the starting MLB once the season started.

Yes I know it was necessity because they had no one else. Specially not mike Morgan. But wagner did not start the first game first snap of 2012 as the mike. Kj did. Then shifted back out.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• jamescasey1124 wrote:
    PNW wrote:
    jamescasey1124 wrote:
    PNW wrote:Bobby had to beat out Mike Morgan to win the starting job in 2012, Brooks would have done the same thing this year if Mike Morgan was who he had to beat out.

Yes I know it was necessity because they had no one else. Specially not mike Morgan. But wagner did not start the first game first snap of 2012 as the mike. Kj did. Then shifted back out.

You’re getting your information from a bad source or something, Pete announced Bobby Wagner as the starting MLB in the 2012 season opener against AZ. There was no sliding of Bobby from OLB back to MLB, he has 100% been the starting MLB since day one.
    PNW
    NET Starter

• PNW wrote:
    jamescasey1124 wrote:
    PNW wrote:
    jamescasey1124 wrote:

You’re getting your information from a bad source or something, Pete announced Bobby Wagner as the starting MLB in the 2012 season opener against AZ. There was no sliding of Bobby from OLB back to MLB, he has 100% been the starting MLB since day one.

My source is game pass. Every game....every play.
    If I miss a game...i go back and watch it, but have only missed a few since 2011. Like 4 total. I will go back and watch again, but it's pretty crazy that I remembered that from 8 years ago specifically.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• Also I never said bobby played olb and shifted back to mike. Kj was at mike. Bobby wasn't even in.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• Just looked up stats from first 2012 game against arizona. Wright played a 100 percent of the snaps while bobby only played 52 percent of the defensive snaps.

Kj started at mike 2012 following his 2011 campaign. While very brief time there...he Gave it to bobby and neither has looked back.

Whew...man you had me questioning what I saw 8 years ago. That's cray cray.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

• jamescasey1124 wrote:Just looked up stats from first 2012 game against arizona. Wright played a 100 percent of the snaps while bobby only played 52 percent of the defensive snaps.

Kj started at mike 2012 following his 2011 campaign. While very brief time there...he Gave it to bobby and neither has looked back.

You won’t mind a screenshoot of the starting lineup for the Seahawks defense LB’s on the telecast real fast? No worries if not.
    PNW
    NET Starter

• Mike Morgan played outside backer, not middle.

Wags beat out Matt McCoy and Barrett Ruud for the starting spot at Mike.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• I'll echo the same things. He has shown flashes of true quality for several weeks now. This latest game was really his best by far.

And what's most encouraging, is that the traits we saw in flashes earlier on, are starting to manifest themselves in a series by series basis. He has really great speed and quickness. Doubly so for a LB of his size. Most encouraging is that he's now seeing the plays quickly and trusting his eyes. Coupled with an innate ability to navigate the wash of bodies along the LOS -- he is going to make a TON of plays in the backfield during his career.

Right now, he is basically tied with Adams in terms of his patently obvious sudden burst of speed. The fact that this has been improving steadily really bodes well for him erupting on the roster next year.

Brooks has already become one of those few players where I find his number before the snap and watch him instead of the play. He really is becoming very good right before our eyes.
    Attyla the Hawk
    NET Veteran

• Not a future HoFer already. Cut his ass. :P
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• jamescasey1124 wrote:Just looked up stats from first 2012 game against arizona. Wright played a 100 percent of the snaps while bobby only played 52 percent of the defensive snaps.

Semantics, but Bobby was always the Mike in the base D. What happened early in 2012 was KJ had the play calling duties so he was left on the field doing sort of a hybrid Mike role. Bobby took over play calling duties around Week 5 and that’s when you would see him pretty exclusively at Mike.
    Basis4day
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• May be time to unfire Pete and John for drafting Brooks instead of the "much better'" Queen?

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
    toffee
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:57 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information