Brooks is rapidly improving, great game

seabowl

Reaction score
He is starting to flash his first round potential.

hawk45

Reaction score
Far as I can tell Brooks has been solid all year. But yeah, he def showed up and made a splash today.

Getting so that I'm happy when it's Brooks in coverage vs our other LBs.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Love the way he reads, diagnoses, and closes on run plays. And he's definitely shown some coverage chops. I'd say he's doing great for a rookie with limited opportunities. He'll be a great player for us for a long time.

Rat

Reaction score
Smart player. Feels like whenever there's a defensive breakdown, it's never on him.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
His downhill and lateral run defense is fantastic. He's fast, strong, and the way he just knows how to weave through traffic to attack the ball can't be taught. His speed and instinct shows similarly in coverage, where he shows the ability to cover ground and bait quarterbacks.

His college film is translating directly to his pro play thus far.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Yup. Seems very Bobby like...when I watched his college highlights it was glaring. He is going to be a tackle machine nose for the ball type of player.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":b6132okt said:
Yup. Seems very Bobby like...when I watched his college highlights it was glaring. He is going to be a tackle machine nose for the ball type of player.

Yep. He's very similar to Bobby. I think his best fit is at Mike - but he can play each of the linebacker spots and has the skillset to excel at each, just like Bobby.

chris98251

Reaction score
Looks like something is starting to click so he can play down hill, once he is doing this regularly he should be explosive and get Highlight plays.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":3247z5ip said:
jamescasey1124":3247z5ip said:

Yep. He's very similar to Bobby. I think his best fit is at Mike - but he can play each of the linebacker spots and has the skillset to excel at each, just like Bobby.

Exactly. He is a mike, but we have bobby there which is why when brooks is in the game...wright shifts down to set edge off the line. They are using brooks to his strengths while also letting kj devour tes and push them far back passed the line of scrimmage.

It's kind of like shaving a double mike situation while still keeping wright on the field.

LoneHawkFan

Reaction score
He was credited with 1 solo and 2 assisted tackles on that goal line stand. Not the only time he impacted the outcome of this game, either. He’s going to be a stud

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
LoneHawkFan":2rivze0c said:
He was credited with 1 solo and 2 assisted tackles on that goal line stand. Not the only time he impacted the outcome of this game, either. He’s going to be a stud

He is...except with bobby in the way...in this defensive scheme he wont get to play. Where as bobby came in 2012 and immediately played. I dont want to get rid of bobby or wright. I think we need to make a defensive scheme change. Shift to a 34 defense. Bobby and brooks stay on the field at all times as Mike's. Kj is the rolb. Griffin should be the left outside linebacker, but play opposite of opponents blocking strength. Or crazy thought Adam's. Let neal and diggs roam the back end.

Dunlap reed and poona on the line. Rotate them out for rest.

Griffin, flowers, reed and amadi our corners. Blair next year too.

That d would be scary good. We would drop everyone. But hey...we just had a solid d performance.

PNW

Reaction score
Where’s all the Queen lovers/Brooks haters??? *crickets.......

PNW

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":3bwwlwwh said:
LoneHawkFan":3bwwlwwh said:

He is...except with bobby in the way...in this defensive scheme he wont get to play. Where as bobby came in 2012 and immediately played. I dont want to get rid of bobby or wright. I think we need to make a defensive scheme change. Shift to a 34 defense. Bobby and brooks stay on the field at all times as Mike's. Kj is the rolb. Griffin should be the left outside linebacker, but play opposite of opponents blocking strength. Or crazy thought Adam's. Let neal and diggs roam the back end.

That d would be scary good. We would drop everyone. But hey...we just had a solid d performance.
Bobby had to beat out Mike Morgan to win the starting job in 2012, Brooks would have done the same thing this year if Mike Morgan was who he had to beat out.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
PNW":34p8zx4m said:
jamescasey1124":34p8zx4m said:
LoneHawkFan":34p8zx4m said:

Bobby had to beat out Mike Morgan to win the starting job in 2012, Brooks would have done the same thing this year if Mike Morgan was who he had to beat out.

No kj played mike 2012 to start and 2011. Wags took over for him early in the season 2012.

Rat

Reaction score
PNW":1ls06uw5 said:

Queen is good too.

I don't think there were Brooks haters, as much as it seemed like a strange position for us to invest a first rounder in. The current regime doesn't have a great track record for first round picks, but he's looking like he belongs at least.

renofox

Reaction score
Definitely looks like a big hit by JS in the draft, along with all the others.

PNW

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":2mh7rptw said:
PNW":2mh7rptw said:
jamescasey1124":2mh7rptw said:
LoneHawkFan":2mh7rptw said:

No kj played mike 2012 to start and 2011. Wags took over for him early in the season 2012.
Mike wasn’t KJ’s natural position, they were doing that out of necessity, wrong about BWags, he stepped in as the starting MLB once the season started.

PNW

Reaction score
Rat":3253riqv said:
PNW":3253riqv said:

Queen is good too.

I don't think there were Brooks haters, as much as it seemed like a strange position for us to invest a first rounder in. The current regime doesn't have a great track record for first round picks, but he's looking like he belongs at least.
There were definitely Brooks haters/Queen lovers, you must’ve missed those threads