Congratulations 2020 NFC West Champions!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Defense was inspiring keeping the Rams to no TDs and 9 points. Offense woke up a bit in the second half. I still think the Seahawks have a weird mental block towards the Rams. We’re just getting started. Bring on January!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It's about time we took our house back; and yes, I say OUR HOUSE because we've won the NFC West more than any other team in it since we were put in it.

Offense took a step in the right direction tonight, we'll need more progress on that front if we want to win another Superb Owl, but MAN that defense continues to improve and impress.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
RolandDeschain":12et49cy said:
Offense took a step in the right direction tonight, we'll need more progress on that front if we want to win another Superb Owl, but MAN that defense continues to improve and impress.

Yeah the defense has been a huge pleasant surprise in recent weeks. You can see the communication is vastly improved and getting healthy, what a difference. Plus Adams and Dunbar have infused the D with energy. Fun to watch.

I just wish we had September/October MVP Russ back. He has his moments and looks good but he’s regressed.

Old bad habits have risen (tentative, cowers in the pocket too much if pressured). A part of me thinks, well maintaining MVP level like he had early is difficult. And yet Rodgers doesn’t seem to have that problem.

If MVP Russ shows up in January with our defense as they have been playing? Super Bowl.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Patience my friend, I get a sense that Pete is sandbagging with RW. If it become necessary for RW to cook he’ll have a chef’s hat.

Love what we are seeing from the the D, the D is beginning to develop an identity, and it’s nasty. :2thumbs:

D

DomeHawk

If we beat the 49ers next week we finish 12-4. That's a helluva good season!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

chris98251

Reaction score
jammerhawk":13vqw3js said:
Patience my friend, I get a sense that Pete is sandbagging with RW. If it become necessary for RW to cook he’ll have a chef’s hat.

Love what we are seeing from the the D, the D is beginning to develop an identity, and it’s nasty. :2thumbs:

This is a good point, Pete has been known to shut things down that worked during the season and grind before, the film teams review tend to look at a few consecutive games and tendencies.

Unleashing the Banquet and having the defense gelling once we get to the playoffs seems to be a Pete thing, just hope he doesn't sit on trying to be cute till too late like in Dallas.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I predicted 12-4 for this season. I just never thought our D would be historically bad the first half of it! :lol:

9ers won't be any slouch next Sunday. Far from. I am impressed with their effort despite their adversity. They are gonna be a true force next season when they get all their players back. I am torn about resting starters versus trying to hope for that #1 seed even though it seems remote. But fact is, if the Bears beat the Packers (not at all a crazy thought with how the Bears have been playing recently) and the Panthers beat the Saints (that's the least likely scenario admittedly), with a win over the 9ers we get that precious #1 seed with the bye and HFA that comes with it.

Much crazier scenarios have happened!

Either way, I hope we win to continue that winning streak and feeling that comes with wins. A loss to end the season is hardly the end of the world - especially if we rest starters - but you want a good taste in your mouth headed into the playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
If this team had a defense that was playing together a few seasons then key starts yes, but they are not, as Adams and Reid both said they are still learning it and each other, you don't want to mess with what they are doing intentionally.

On offense we are still putting pieces back together on the O line but getting there, nah you play to win every game, its a mentality as well.

renofox

Reaction score
Aros":ic985dbc said:
I am torn about resting starters versus trying to hope for that #1 seed even though it seems remote. But fact is, if the Bears beat the Packers (not at all a crazy thought with how the Bears have been playing recently) and the Panthers beat the Saints (that's the least likely scenario admittedly), with a win over the 9ers we get that precious #1 seed with the bye and HFA that comes with it.

If Seahawks win and only one of Packers/Saints loses we get the #2 seed and they are #1/#3. If #1 is taken out in the Divisional Round, Seahawks get homefield throughout.

Something to think about.

LTH

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1tjdnrrl said:

I don't think Pete is sandbagging with Wilson I just think the Hawks are playing somewhat conservative and letting the opportunities come to them...they're taking what the D gives them and not trying to force the big play... tonight they hit the big play for the last several games they just missed the opportunity for the big play by dropping the pass or missing the throw... and yeah your right when it becomes necessary they will let Russ cook...

Just my take

LTH

LTH

Reaction score
Aros":2cb9fkr4 said:
RolandDeschain":2cb9fkr4 said:

Yeah the defense has been a huge pleasant surprise in recent weeks. You can see the communication is vastly improved and getting healthy, what a difference. Plus Adams and Dunbar have infused the D with energy. Fun to watch.

I just wish we had September/October MVP Russ back. He has his moments and looks good but he’s regressed.

Old bad habits have risen (tentative, cowers in the pocket too much if pressured). A part of me thinks, well maintaining MVP level like he had early is difficult. And yet Rodgers doesn’t seem to have that problem.

If MVP Russ shows up in January with our defense as they have been playing? Super Bowl.

I think the Key is more than anything is just to take advantage of the big plays that are open and not try to force it. if they can just not turn the ball over during the playoffs and score 20-27 points that's good enough with the D playing so well....

Also the D has to keep improving.. they did give up 118 yards on the ground... take away that 23 yard run and it's better but there is more to improve on and they know that...

The D play is Key... they are just getting started they are just missing on the big turn over... things will look way more dominant when they start making those plays and I think that is part of their progression of the season... now they understand a complicated scheme where they are supposed to be next is getting comfortable with it and when that happens that's when the turn overs start to come... get ready it's going to start happening...

LTH

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Pete doesn't seem to buy in to resting players if I remember right?

Two things seem consistent:

1. When you play not to get hurt, you get hurt.
2. When you play not to lose, you lose.

Would intentional resting players disrupt the current resurgence of the defense? I think the more they play together, many being new this year, the better they get for the playoff run.

hoxrox

Reaction score
Winning a division title, in arguably one of the best divisions in football, is definitely an accomplishment and something to be happy about.

Had we limped in as a wild-card, and lost in the playoffs, now that would have been a disappointing season. But putting up another championship banner in the rafters is definitely a noteworthy accomplishment.

Now as for a Super Bowl, the team goes where Russ goes. I believe he now has all the ingredients necessary to cook. There can be no more excuses.

1) solid run game support. check
2) pass blocking that can give him enough time. check
3) a solid and improving defense. check
4) deep threat receivers. check
5) reliable 3rd down receiver. check?

Russ doesn't need to be in MVP form to get us to the SB. He just needs to be in top 3-4 QB form.