Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Packers and the Refs

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Packers and the Refs
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:21 pm
  • I am convinced something is going on with the NFL putting pressure on the refs to give favorable calls to the Packers. I have never seen a team get so many favorable calls. We do not want to face them in the playoffs because we will be playing both them and the refs.

Watching SNF tonight the Pack benefited off two absolutely agregious calls and it seems to happen every single game for them
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Re: Packers and the Refs
Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:25 pm
  • And most recently Adams getting away with OPI and Collinsworth lol calling it out
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:27 pm
  • Welshers wrote:I am convinced something is going on with the NFL putting pressure on the refs to give favorable calls to the Packers. I have never seen a team get so many favorable calls. We do not want to face them in the playoffs because we will be playing both them and the refs.

Watching SNF tonight the Pack benefited off two absolutely agregious calls and it seems to happen every single game for them

How about a fifty yard run where jones stepped out of bounds. Skip to next play quickly gets td to Devante. I agree...there is some sort of agenda teams are able to obtain and it's not a conspiracy. It happens to often.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:27 pm
  • JPatera76 wrote:And most recently Adams getting away with OPI and Collinsworth lol calling it out

Yeah the blocked field goal offsides was absolutely baffling. No one was offsides but the refs did it anyway and took away the block. Then there was the out of bounds run that gwve them a free 1st and goal and then that opi. I don't know if anyone remembers but this is the worst officiating I've seen since the MNF game Packers vs lions last year where once again Green Pay got help from criminal officiating and even Booger MacFarlane freaked out and called it rigged
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:34 pm
  • Welshers wrote:
    JPatera76 wrote:And most recently Adams getting away with OPI and Collinsworth lol calling it out

Yeah the blocked field goal offsides was absolutely baffling. No one was offsides but the refs did it anyway and took away the block. Then there was the out of bounds run that gwve them a free 1st and goal and then that opi. I don't know if anyone remembers but this is the worst officiating I've seen since the MNF game Packers vs lions last year where once again Green Pay got help from criminal officiating and even Booger MacFarlane freaked out and called it rigged

I forgot about that one.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:35 pm
  • I didn’t see the GB game but it doesn’t surprise me in the least.
    The more “legacy teams” the NFL gets into the playoffs, the more playoff swag they sell.
    The bigger the fanbase the more playoff swag they sell. Simple economics.

That’s why you see frequent steering in the NFL. It all comes down to $$$.
    Patriots are out as a legacy team, the Tampa Brady’s are the new legacy team.
    Sports Hernia
    NET Ring Of Honor

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:36 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:I didn’t see the GB game but it doesn’t surprise me in the least.
    The more “legacy teams” the NFL gets into the playoffs, the more playoff swag they sell.

It’s on right now.. definitely not worth watching due to the officials are definitely giving the packers the game and Collinsworth keeps sucking off Aaron
    JPatera76
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:39 pm
  • Sports Hernia wrote:I didn’t see the GB game but it doesn’t surprise me in the least.

You aren't missing anything but trust me when I say there was one of the most blatant phantom flags you will ever see. Tennessee had a fg block and a huge return and the refs brought it back for offsides. The broadcasters and ref analyst were all stunned. They kept showing replays and there was simply no offsides anywhere. A total phantom flag that takes away a game changing play. Incredible
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:44 pm
  • I live in Wisconsin and hear about the replacement ref call just about every year. I do agree the Packersand Patriots/Brady seem to get more calls than most. Today’s game wasn’t too bad. The giving yourself up call aside, I thought Griff got away with wrapping his arm that should have been PI and Russ was right that they had an illegal contact on one of our TEs on the left sideline. Other than that, the refs did OK
    vonstout
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:46 pm
  • JPatera76 wrote:
    Sports Hernia wrote:I didn’t see the GB game but it doesn’t surprise me in the least.

It’s on right now.. definitely not worth watching due to the officials are definitely giving the packers the game and Collinsworth keeps sucking off Aaron

Haha. I cant believe collinsworth said that about Roger's. How he is better at receiving information because there is no crowd and Rodgers listens to opposing teams calls and signals before going to the huddle or at the line. That is cheating. Just like the Astros and red Sox in baseball. But no they just breezed passed it and didnt think twice about it.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:47 pm
  • Just absolutely disgusting how the Packers get every call.

I still remember the 2011 divisional game vs the Giants where the refs tried their hardest to hand the Packers that game and the Packers choked it away regardless!
    A_Biased_Fan
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:57 pm
  • A_Biased_Fan wrote:Just absolutely disgusting how the Packers get every call.

I still remember the 2011 divisional game vs the Giants where the refs tried their hardest to hand the Packers that game and the Packers choked it away regardless!

It's actually mind-blowing
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:57 pm
  • vonstout wrote:I live in Wisconsin and hear about the replacement ref call just about every year. I do agree the Packersand Patriots/Brady seem to get more calls than most. Today’s game wasn’t too bad. The giving yourself up call aside, I thought Griff got away with wrapping his arm that should have been PI and Russ was right that they had an illegal contact on one of our TEs on the left sideline. Other than that, the refs did OK

That’s because those people are brainwashed morons and don’t actually understand football.
    Hollandhawk
    NET Starter

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:13 pm
  • The league is already creaming itself thinking of a Green Bay vs Kansas City SB. Rematch of first ever SB, Erin vs Mahomes, etc. I expect to see plenty of steering in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    James in PA
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:18 pm
  • James in PA wrote:The league is already creaming itself thinking of a Green Bay vs Kansas City SB. Rematch of first ever SB, Erin vs Mahomes, etc. I expect to see plenty of steering in the playoffs.

over/under on State Farm commercials?

The NFL will make a fortune.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:20 pm
  • These are good points. Jesus it pisses me off.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 9:56 pm
  • James in PA wrote:The league is already creaming itself thinking of a Green Bay vs Kansas City SB. Rematch of first ever SB, Erin vs Mahomes, etc. I expect to see plenty of steering in the playoffs.

Glad I'm not the only one who sees this happening
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Dec 27, 2020 10:34 pm
  • The Steelers benefited In the 2nd half from 4 penalties for something like 140 yards and a no call on an OPI that stopped a pick 6. Then we have the bulls hat “ giving himself up” call and I say f u c k the NFL
    Flyingsquad23
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:03 am
  • On this note, I have a serious question.

What is the rule regarding “off sides” / “neutral zone infraction?

And why does it seem that the Packers get so many free plays out them.

Is it totally up to the refs in f they blow the whistle to stop the play?
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:29 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:On this note, I have a serious question.

Offsides is when a defensive player is across the line at the time of the snap.

Neutral zone infraction is when a defensive player's movement across the line, before the snap, causes an offensive player to move (commit a false start).

For an offsides call, the refs are supposed to blow the whistle if the offsides player has an unabated path to the QB.

A neutral zone infraction is always blown dead as a false start occurred.
    Last edited by renofox on Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:43 am
  • pmedic920 wrote:On this note, I have a serious question.

I think it somewhat comes down to ref judgement. Just like those game-changing holding calls that appear from nowhere.

The issue is that offsides by itself is not a dead ball foul. A defensive player can jump offside and get back on the d side with no penalty or whistle. Encroachment (contact made presnap) is a dead ball foul. Neutral zone infraction (forcing a false start) is a dead ball foul. Offsides -when accompanied by "player safety risk" ie unabated to QB- is a dead ball foul.

So the whole free play scenario is when a player is offside at the snap, but hasn't done enough to be called for encroachment or NZI, and is not considered to be unabated. That last part is where it's most open to judgement.

Maybe Rodgers is just better at it than the rest of the league, maybe not. The judgement call nature leaves that open for interpretation as well. Seems like a rule that could use some cleaning up. And isn't attempting to draw the defense offside technically a penalty by itself?

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/2020-nfl-rulebook/#section-4-action-at-or-before-the-snap
    Item 5. Attempt to Draw Offside. Any obvious attempt by the quarterback or other player in position to receive the snap to draw an opponent offside is a False Start.
    Grahamhawker
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 12:55 pm
  • Flyingsquad23 wrote:The Steelers benefited In the 2nd half from 4 penalties for something like 140 yards and a no call on an OPI that stopped a pick 6. Then we have the bulls hat “ giving himself up” call and I say f u c k the NFL

The Steelers and the Pack are the two most criminal enterprises in the NFL
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:32 pm
  • Saints fan here, I don’t mind playing the Packers in GB, however, Ya, the refs def add to the probability of GB...with a negative ref rating, winning becomes more difficult
    El Caliente
    NET Rookie

Mon Dec 28, 2020 10:30 pm
  • I appreciate the responses to my question.

And....

It may be my perception but it sure as Hell seems like AR @ GB gets an awful lot more “free plays” than the rest of the league.

YMMV
    pmedic920
    * .NET Official Stache *

Mon Dec 28, 2020 11:17 pm
  • pmedic920 wrote:I appreciate the responses to my question.

And....

It may be my perception but it sure as Hell seems like AR @ GB gets an awful lot more “free plays” than the rest of the league.

YMMV

They do, but a lot of it has to with AR and his center making a point to get the snap off immediately when a guy jumps early. You see a lot of QBs get guys to jump a bit, then get back. Rogers and his center are looking to get that free play and snap the ball right away every time. I see it every weekend where a hardcount gets a guy to jump but they don't snap it and the guy gets back. Those QBs are using the hard count to force the D to reveal their intentions and aren't necessarily looking to get the free play. I scream at the TV when Russell does it and they don't snap the ball. It's one of biggest pet peeves and drives me nuts. One of those things that once you start watching for it you can't un-see it. Kind of like actors in a movie wearing knee pads under their pants. Dead giveaway that a fight or scuffle scene is incoming. Once you notice it or someone points out the knee pads thing, it changes your movie/tv viewing for EVER.
    OrangeGravy
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 29, 2020 8:32 am
  • There’s should be a separate forum called “Tin Foil Hat Discussions” so most of us don’t have to waste time on this type of garbage. Every team gets favorable callls some more than others. The whole NFL is pressuring officials to favor a team is such bunk on so many levels that to believe it you have to be delusional. Systemic cheating at that level would take down the entire league and turn it into the WWE. Is the league that much more valuable with the packers winning? Why would other teams stand for it? Why aren’t data analytic sites reporting the discrepancy? Why have the packers been also rans over the last decade?

This all revolves around confirmation bias. You think the refs are favoring the packers so when ever you see a Call go their way, you think you have evidence for your theory. But you discount every other call that doesn’t support your theory. Every fan forum believes the stars are aligned against them.

There are other psychological elements that may be at work such as the halo effect where refs might be unconsciously favoring known great players and penalizing known offenders. But the whole evil empire thing is a load of crap.
    HawkerD
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:19 am
  • HawkerD wrote:There’s should be a separate forum called “Tin Foil Hat Discussions” so most of us don’t have to waste time on this type of garbage. Every team gets favorable callls some more than others. The whole NFL is pressuring officials to favor a team is such bunk on so many levels that to believe it you have to be delusional. Systemic cheating at that level would take down the entire league and turn it into the WWE. Is the league that much more valuable with the packers winning? Why would other teams stand for it? Why aren’t data analytic sites reporting the discrepancy? Why have the packers been also rans over the last decade?

This all revolves around confirmation bias. You think the refs are favoring the packers so when ever you see a Call go their way, you think you have evidence for your theory. But you discount every other call that doesn’t support your theory. Every fan forum believes the stars are aligned against them.

There are other psychological elements that may be at work such as the halo effect where refs might be unconsciously favoring known great players and penalizing known offenders. But the whole evil empire thing is a load of crap.

This would all be 100% true if Tim Donaghy wasn't a thing.
    Hockey Guy
    NET Veteran

Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:36 am
  • Heard one guy call it the "State Farm Super Bowl" :pukeface: :pukeface:
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:55 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information