Packers and the Refs

W

Welshers

I am convinced something is going on with the NFL putting pressure on the refs to give favorable calls to the Packers. I have never seen a team get so many favorable calls. We do not want to face them in the playoffs because we will be playing both them and the refs.

Watching SNF tonight the Pack benefited off two absolutely agregious calls and it seems to happen every single game for them

JPatera76

Reaction score
And most recently Adams getting away with OPI and Collinsworth lol calling it out

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Welshers":3oakhu8i said:
I am convinced something is going on with the NFL putting pressure on the refs to give favorable calls to the Packers. I have never seen a team get so many favorable calls. We do not want to face them in the playoffs because we will be playing both them and the refs.

Watching SNF tonight the Pack benefited off two absolutely agregious calls and it seems to happen every single game for them

How about a fifty yard run where jones stepped out of bounds. Skip to next play quickly gets td to Devante. I agree...there is some sort of agenda teams are able to obtain and it's not a conspiracy. It happens to often.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

JPatera76":1y1h4p1o said:
And most recently Adams getting away with OPI and Collinsworth lol calling it out
Yeah the blocked field goal offsides was absolutely baffling. No one was offsides but the refs did it anyway and took away the block. Then there was the out of bounds run that gwve them a free 1st and goal and then that opi. I don't know if anyone remembers but this is the worst officiating I've seen since the MNF game Packers vs lions last year where once again Green Pay got help from criminal officiating and even Booger MacFarlane freaked out and called it rigged

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
Welshers":chq5uiuk said:
JPatera76":chq5uiuk said:
Yeah the blocked field goal offsides was absolutely baffling. No one was offsides but the refs did it anyway and took away the block. Then there was the out of bounds run that gwve them a free 1st and goal and then that opi. I don't know if anyone remembers but this is the worst officiating I've seen since the MNF game Packers vs lions last year where once again Green Pay got help from criminal officiating and even Booger MacFarlane freaked out and called it rigged

I forgot about that one.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I didn’t see the GB game but it doesn’t surprise me in the least.
The more “legacy teams” the NFL gets into the playoffs, the more playoff swag they sell.
The bigger the fanbase the more playoff swag they sell. Simple economics.

That’s why you see frequent steering in the NFL. It all comes down to $$$.
Patriots are out as a legacy team, the Tampa Brady’s are the new legacy team.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":25goyyig said:
The more “legacy teams” the NFL gets into the playoffs, the more playoff swag they sell.

It’s on right now.. definitely not worth watching due to the officials are definitely giving the packers the game and Collinsworth keeps sucking off Aaron

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Sports Hernia":qaoo8e7x said:

You aren't missing anything but trust me when I say there was one of the most blatant phantom flags you will ever see. Tennessee had a fg block and a huge return and the refs brought it back for offsides. The broadcasters and ref analyst were all stunned. They kept showing replays and there was simply no offsides anywhere. A total phantom flag that takes away a game changing play. Incredible

vonstout

Reaction score
I live in Wisconsin and hear about the replacement ref call just about every year. I do agree the Packersand Patriots/Brady seem to get more calls than most. Today’s game wasn’t too bad. The giving yourself up call aside, I thought Griff got away with wrapping his arm that should have been PI and Russ was right that they had an illegal contact on one of our TEs on the left sideline. Other than that, the refs did OK

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
JPatera76":in2gcdjv said:
Sports Hernia":in2gcdjv said:

It’s on right now.. definitely not worth watching due to the officials are definitely giving the packers the game and Collinsworth keeps sucking off Aaron

Haha. I cant believe collinsworth said that about Roger's. How he is better at receiving information because there is no crowd and Rodgers listens to opposing teams calls and signals before going to the huddle or at the line. That is cheating. Just like the Astros and red Sox in baseball. But no they just breezed passed it and didnt think twice about it.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Just absolutely disgusting how the Packers get every call.

I still remember the 2011 divisional game vs the Giants where the refs tried their hardest to hand the Packers that game and the Packers choked it away regardless!

OP
OP
W

Welshers

A_Biased_Fan":255f3f1q said:
Just absolutely disgusting how the Packers get every call.

I still remember the 2011 divisional game vs the Giants where the refs tried their hardest to hand the Packers that game and the Packers choked it away regardless!
It's actually mind-blowing

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
vonstout":2r8oc4on said:
I live in Wisconsin and hear about the replacement ref call just about every year. I do agree the Packersand Patriots/Brady seem to get more calls than most. Today’s game wasn’t too bad. The giving yourself up call aside, I thought Griff got away with wrapping his arm that should have been PI and Russ was right that they had an illegal contact on one of our TEs on the left sideline. Other than that, the refs did OK

That’s because those people are brainwashed morons and don’t actually understand football.

James in PA

Reaction score
The league is already creaming itself thinking of a Green Bay vs Kansas City SB. Rematch of first ever SB, Erin vs Mahomes, etc. I expect to see plenty of steering in the playoffs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

renofox

Reaction score
James in PA":37x5yht7 said:
The league is already creaming itself thinking of a Green Bay vs Kansas City SB. Rematch of first ever SB, Erin vs Mahomes, etc. I expect to see plenty of steering in the playoffs.

over/under on State Farm commercials?

The NFL will make a fortune.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

James in PA":2lvr4bhk said:

Glad I'm not the only one who sees this happening

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
The Steelers benefited In the 2nd half from 4 penalties for something like 140 yards and a no call on an OPI that stopped a pick 6. Then we have the bulls hat “ giving himself up” call and I say f u c k the NFL

pmedic920

Reaction score
On this note, I have a serious question.

What is the rule regarding “off sides” / “neutral zone infraction?

And why does it seem that the Packers get so many free plays out them.

Is it totally up to the refs in f they blow the whistle to stop the play?

renofox

Reaction score
pmedic920":1kskiibi said:
On this note, I have a serious question.

What is the rule regarding “off sides” / “neutral zone infraction?

And why does it seem that the Packers get so many free plays out them.

Is it totally up to the refs in f they blow the whistle to stop the play?

Offsides is when a defensive player is across the line at the time of the snap.

Neutral zone infraction is when a defensive player's movement across the line, before the snap, causes an offensive player to move (commit a false start).

For an offsides call, the refs are supposed to blow the whistle if the offsides player has an unabated path to the QB.

A neutral zone infraction is always blown dead as a false start occurred.

Latest posts