Jacob Hollister

W

Welshers

How fitting is it that after Hollister was stopped on the 1 yard line last year on the last play to decide the division vs SF he's the guy who catches the TD to clinch the division this year. Crazy how that works.

Anyway I really love this cat. He always comes up clutch for us and I really hope we keep him around. He's a humble guy who works hard and plays hard. Loved his post game interview today if you guys can find that on Youtube. He was dressed like Van Hellsing! Right now we got him on a 1 year 3.2 million dollar deal, I really hope we resign him. He is worth even a bit more money if you ask me. He's not getting a ton of snaps but he always makes the most of them. I'll always remember him scoring the winning TD in OT vs TB last year. And now he has a division clinching TD we will remember as well

sutz

Reaction score
I agree. I assume Olsen won't be back, so Hollister could take his spot, but it's hard to not like the young guys we have coming up. Diss will be around of course, hoping he can stay healthy. Parkinson looked pretty good in limited action. The TE room might be interesting going forward.

MO Hawk

Reaction score
Love the way Hollister is playing right now and durable. Can Olsen and Dissly stay healthy?

Seems like we've never had high TE draft picks that turned out to be long timers i.e. Jeremy Stevens etc.?

FloridaSeahawk18

Reaction score
Guy has been money for us...and we got him for a 7th round pick from the Patriots. Amazing steal by Schneider.

chris98251

Reaction score
Not seeing all those people saying dump him, trade him now either are we...................

OP
OP
W

Welshers

sutz":2iigzaog said:
I agree. I assume Olsen won't be back, so Hollister could take his spot, but it's hard to not like the young guys we have coming up. Diss will be around of course, hoping he can stay healthy. Parkinson looked pretty good in limited action. The TE room might be interesting going forward.
Jacob is only 27!

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
I'm not sure where to go for the statistics on such a precise query, but it seems when Hollister makes a catch, a large percentage are either for clutch 1st downs (like third and 8 or more), or a TD.

RW seems to trust him to both get open, and make the catch. Wish I could see the guy in practice.

renofox

Reaction score
Ad Hawk":tcpn3lns said:
I'm not sure where to go for the statistics on such a precise query, but it seems when Hollister makes a catch, a large percentage are either for clutch 1st downs (like third and 8 or more), or a TD.

RW seems to trust him to both get open, and make the catch. Wish I could see the guy in practice.

https://www.footballdb.com/players/jacob-hollister-hollija01/splits/2020

3rd Down splits - 2020
togo / tgts / rec / yds / 1st / TD

1-3 / 2 / 2 / 28 / 2 / 0
4-7 / 3 / 3 / 29 / 3 / 3
8-10 / 1 / 2 / 11 / 1 / 0
10+ no targets

You're right. 6/7 for 6 1st downs and 2 TD's when targeted on 3rd down.

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
renofox":y8jlreul said:
Ad Hawk":y8jlreul said:

https://www.footballdb.com/players/jacob-hollister-hollija01/splits/2020

3rd Down splits - 2020
togo / tgts / rec / yds / 1st / TD

1-3 / 2 / 2 / 28 / 2 / 0
4-7 / 3 / 3 / 29 / 3 / 3
8-10 / 1 / 2 / 11 / 1 / 0
10+ no targets

You're right. 6/7 for 6 1st downs and 2 TD's when targeted on 3rd down.

Wow, thank you for getting that, renofox! It confirms my thoughts though from a small sample size.

And what a great site for data!

sutz

Reaction score
Welshers":2d9ymc2d said:
sutz":2d9ymc2d said:
Jacob is only 27!
That's middle aged for a football player. :twisted:

Just saying, by the younger guys I mean Dissly and younger. He's a 3d year vet, though he hasn't played in a ton of games because of injury. Parkinson is a rookie who has shown flashes. Having Hollister as the "vet" in the group is fine by me. I agree that he has earned a contract offer going forward. Wouldn't bother me a bit.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Russ just seems to like Hollister. He's never been in flow with Olsen.

TreeRon

Reaction score
Hollister and Olsen are different kinds of tight ends. Olsen and Dissly can block.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I was one of those who suggested trading Hollister early in the season. At the time, the defense was struggling and offense was putting up prolific numbers. With Olsen and Dissly healthy...Hollister provided trade enticing value. However they were able to get Dunlap without having to trade Hollister. The defense is playing better and Hollister has been a key impact player since.

olyfan63

Reaction score
I didn't think we could get much trade value for Hollister, though some other team in need of TEs might pay him what we do. We *possibly* slightly over-pay him, based on size/speed/stats measurables, but Hollister has been so clutch for us that it seems to be money well spent. When we needed him, our #3 TE, to essentially be our #1 TE last year after trading TE Nick Vannett to Pittsburgh, Hollister truly stepped in and delivered. Not bad for a UDFA that we traded a 7th rounder to the Patriots to acquire.

Not the biggest guy, not the fastest, not a dominating blocker, but "good enough", and such a *smart* and *clutch* player, very good receiver, gets open, blocks well enough/executes assignments, and catches nearly everything thrown at him, and contributes on special teams as well.

Hollister was an All-State QB in HS in Bend, Oregon, and in fact was the Oregon 5A player of the year as a QB, after leading his team to the Oregon state championship. In college, he switched from QB to TE after his freshman year. That stuck in my mind, the tidbit that Hollister is a converted QB. So he thinks like a QB, awareness of coverages, understanding what the QB has to deal with, so it's no wonder he and Russell have a bit of chemistry, as prominently displayed on that "pick and roll" TD pass that clinched the win vs the Rams.

Something I had forgotten: Jacob Hollister was part of two NE Patriot Super Bowl teams. So a guy who understands what it takes from having been there, and can provide some veteran leadership for the playoff run.

chris98251

Reaction score
olyfan63":340lta9m said:
I didn't think we could get much trade value for Hollister, though some other team in need of TEs might pay him what we do. We *possibly* slightly over-pay him, based on size/speed/stats measurables, but Hollister has been so clutch for us that it seems to be money well spent. When we needed him, our #3 TE, to essentially be our #1 TE last year after trading TE Nick Vannett to Pittsburgh, Hollister truly stepped in and delivered. Not bad for a UDFA that we traded a 7th rounder to the Patriots to acquire.

Not the biggest guy, not the fastest, not a dominating blocker, but "good enough", and such a *smart* and *clutch* player, very good receiver, gets open, blocks well enough/executes assignments, and catches nearly everything thrown at him, and contributes on special teams as well.

Hollister was an All-State QB in HS in Bend, Oregon, and in fact was the Oregon 5A player of the year as a QB, after leading his team to the Oregon state championship. In college, he switched from QB to TE after his freshman year. That stuck in my mind, the tidbit that Hollister is a converted QB. So he thinks like a QB, awareness of coverages, understanding what the QB has to deal with, so it's no wonder he and Russell have a bit of chemistry, as prominently displayed on that "pick and roll" TD pass that clinched the win vs the Rams.

Something I had forgotten: Jacob Hollister was part of two NE Patriot Super Bowl teams. So a guy who understands what it takes from having been there, and can provide some veteran leadership for the playoff run.

So your saying don't cut him or trade him this week?

But what about the Salary cap ?