1st post ever. Long time lurker.

Bosnianseahawk1991

Reaction score
Can we please acknowledge and appreciate the job the Seahawks have done when it comes to following covid protocols. It seems like every week we hear about a team getting fined, or losing a game due to covid infractions. (Browns, raiders, and so forth). The coaching staff and players have been the most focused and disciplined team when it comes to this. (In my opinion). So thank you to the whole Seahawk staff for the commitment and emphasis on being professionals and disciplined. :greetingsearthling: 8)

OP
OP
B

Bosnianseahawk1991

Reaction score
I never said they were the only team to do this. But as someone who is in their 20s, I can’t imagine the temptations and self control a NFL player must have to avoid catching covid or putting his teammates at risk. Even tho Pete Carroll is a “players coach”, he has this team focused and on strict guidelines.

sutz

Reaction score
Yeah, the Hawks have done well on that score. IIRC they had one guy miss a week due to contact with a covid sufferer, but no positive test results. Kind of amazing, really.

:2thumbs:

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Great first post! Welcome!

And you're right. The Seahawks have done a great job all year keeping their players and staff safe during these times. A big shoutout to Sam Ramsden, who you can see in the video below. They took a lot of precautions during training camp and it's worked out for them all season.

[youtube]Snc1eLqWcrs[/youtube]

hawker84

Reaction score
Welcome aboard. And yes one thing I can give kudos to Carroll for is keeping covis out of the locker room.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

I gotta admit that when that Seahawks player tried to sneak a woman into the team hotel during training camp I thought this was gonna be a shit show all over the NFL.

TypeSly

Reaction score
You could say that it might be a little easier for the Seahawks being tucked away in the quiet northwest, than for some other teams. But yes, the Seahawks have created their own bubble and have very strict in-house rules regarding the players and staff and their outside the bubble contacts. It's definitely working *knock on wood* so kudos to the whole organization for that. I'm very thankful that we didn't have to deal with any Covid issues this season.

chris98251

Reaction score
Season isn't over, and the Seahawks have a competition for it somehow inn position groups to keep it relative and in the forefront.

Have to take our hats off to the whole Staff and front office for being on top of this.

Having guys sit out has cost several teams a lot this year.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Bosnianseahawk1991":36y4pl10 said:
Can we please acknowledge and appreciate the job the Seahawks have done when it comes to following covid protocols. It seems like every week we hear about a team getting fined, or losing a game due to covid infractions. (Browns, raiders, and so forth). The coaching staff and players have been the most focused and disciplined team when it comes to this. (In my opinion). So thank you to the whole Seahawk staff for the commitment and emphasis on being professionals and disciplined. :greetingsearthling: 8)

This is a great post, and a great point. The Seahawks have been by far the cleanest, tightest-run ship when it comes to adherence to the Covid protocols, and the proof lies in the results. This doesn't just set a great example for the NFL, but for all professional organizations. Pete continues to run a fantastic organization with a winning culture.

W

Welshers

Best locker room culture in the NFL bar none. Guys just buy in and love Pete. I think some of it is the great city of Seattle, where leadership took COVID very seriously from the very beginning. Lots of places just aren't.

OP
OP
B

Bosnianseahawk1991

Reaction score
First, I want to say thank you for everyone welcoming me to the seahawk community. This has been a strange year for everybody. But as the saying goes. “When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.” Pete and the whole staff should get some type of (Covid protocol award) for the job they’ve done this year. :irishdrinkers: :snack: :!: