This thread is for any shout outs or call outs you guys want to give for yesterday's game. I feel like yesterday was a really complete game by the Hawks, and really there's hardly anyone to call out. Sure, the offence started off horribly slow, with no rhythm or energy, but they did eventually get it going. Russ is obviously the engine for the offence, so when he started to get going, the whole offence got going.
1) The whole defence. A few big plays given up, but no huge ones. When they did give up some big plays, or 3rd down conversions, they eventually made up for it at some point in the drive. I was really impressed by the consistency through out the whole game.
2) The DB's. Adams, Diggs and Reed all had really good games, and just played together the wholegame.
3) KJ Wright. He had an excellent game, and seemed to be everywhere this game. Brooks followed in suit, and had one his best games as well. Wagner was avergae, because he only had to be avergae.
4) Michael Dixon, and the special-teams units. Dixon was exellent as usual, and he probably has to be the most consistent Seahawk this season. I can't think of a single game, where I thought he didn't play well. Love this guy. Also, with the special teams, I can't think of another season where we had a more solid year in special teams. I can hardly think of any huge plays given up on special teams, especially at important times in the games. So many take-aways compared to give-aways this season, and yesterday was another solid performance.
5) Ken Norton Jr. Wow, I can't believe he's on this side of the list, but overall had his best game as a DC. Really good decisions on defensive schemes and timing of blitzes etc.
1) Schottenheimer. Some baffling offensive play calls, especially in the first half. Trying to force the run, when we needed to take soome shots down field early in the game. Passing plays were all 5 yards or shorter, or long bombs when they weren't necessary.
2) Neal. Didn't have a very strong game, and took that stupid roughing the kicker penalty, at a crucial time that could have really costed his team. The Rams had nothing going on that drive and a few drives before, but then started to drive down the field after that penalty. Bailed out by the Diggs interception at the end.
3) Shaquille Griffen. Had a few blown coverages, and some crucial missed tackles. He had his worst game since his return from injury, and was bailed out by the strong play of the rest of the secondary.
4) Russell Wilson. I hate to put him opn this list, because he came back strong late in the game starting about halfway through the 3rd quarter. Early in the game, made some bad throws and had some really bad decisions, and was hanging on to the ball too long at times. Wilson played well enough this game, but I don't think a performance like this will cut it during the playoffs.
Overall, this was a very satisfying win, since we won the division, and because it was against the Rams who have really given us trouble in recent years. What's great is to see the whole team is getting healthy at the perfect time, and is coming together as a team going into the playoffs. Watch out NFL, because the Seahawks are a legit SB contender and a feared opponent going into the big dance. I really feel like this season, we can go far and possibly win another championship.