Cut Russ for Dwayne Haskins?

W

Welshers

We really need to make a change at QB, he only broke the Seahawks single season TD record by 3 with one game to go. Haskins is free because of inept Washington management, they should never have cut such a stud. I think we need to pick him up and replace Russel.

P.S. The most INTs in a season by a Seahawks QB is 27 from Jim Zorn in 1976, our first season in the league if anyone remembers that... To put it in context Russ has thrown 13 so far this year, that's 21st on the list.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Uncle Si":3ompy4bh said:
What are you trying to accomplish here?
I'm just teasing and taking a jab at WFT. They really messed up wasting a 1st rd pick on that guy. Just lighthearted. I did think the Russ stats were of note tho... pointing out he broke out single season TD record despite really taking a lot of (sometimes deserved) heat lately. And I thought it was interesting to point out Jim's 27 picks in '76! Sorry if it came across as a bad post, I was just trying to have some monday fun!

JPatera76

Reaction score
Nah cut geno and get haskins. Have haskins stay with russell and hope it all rubs off and then hopefully we’ll have a really good win after Russ is long done

Jerhawk

Reaction score
My sources, whom I trust, are diligently scouting junior colleges as we speak to replace Russell.

I wouldn't necessarily go with Haskins; he's a bit too much of a party animal for my taste.
But there's a young man at North Idaho college, working at Wendy's part time, who has a killer arm and a great work ethic.

I'll keep you all updated with this developing story.

Rat

Reaction score
Haskins was incredible in college, but only played one year, and probably needed more time to develop in the NFL. I'd be all over him on our practice squad.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
JPatera76":2t16ugx1 said:
Nah cut geno and get haskins. Have haskins stay with russell and hope it all rubs off and then hopefully we’ll have a really good win after Russ is long done

I believe that Russ is at the point in his career where he could benefit with another QB "pushing him".

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Rat":3hiquojk said:
Haskins was incredible in college, but only played one year, and probably needed more time to develop in the NFL. I'd be all over him on our practice squad.

If be alright with this to be honest... he showed quite a bit in the game against the Seahawks

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Welshers said:
We really need to make a change at QB, he only broke the Seahawks single season TD record by 3 with one game to go. Haskins is free because of inept Washington management, they should never have cut such a stud. I think we need to pick him up and replace Russel.

P.S. The most INTs in a season by a Seahawks QB is 27 from Jim Zorn in 1976, our first season in the league if anyone remembers that... To put it in context Russ has thrown 13 so far this year, that's 21st on the list.[
/quote]
I and some others in here do remember Zorny and he threw a lot of interceptions
over the time he started.
That 27int you mention?I can tell you if Russ played in 76 that 13 becomes in the 20's
There was no QB protection with rules like there is today ..
You either had a good running game or you got killed by passing too much because
lack of one.
i'm having some Monday fun too Si but I'm dead serious also. :2thumbs:

renofox

Reaction score
IndyHawk":ghw5moju said:
That 27int you mention?I can tell you if Russ played in 76 that 13 becomes in the 20's
There was no QB protection with rules like there is today ..
You either had a good running game or you got killed by passing too much because
lack of one. :2thumbs:

You're right, but it would have been even worse.

The biggest factor is how the DBs were allowed to play "back in the day". If they tried playing like that now they'd be banned for life for illegal hits and be flagged on almost every play for pass interference.

I remember when a 1-1 TD/INT ratio was the benchmark for a good quarterback. 2-1 was considered outstanding and extremely hard to achieve. Nowadays, 4-1 is good and 8-1 is achievable - unthinkable way back when.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Oh God, so many "I told you so" threads since yesterday :roll:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
TypeSly":1iunuk7f said:

A lot easier on the eyes than the ones when the team loses.

toffee

Reaction score
I would be all for replacing Our backup QB, if we can get Rosen, let him learn from wilson.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
W

Welshers

toffee":1ntsx4ia said:
I would be all for replacing Our backup QB, if we can get Rosen, let him learn from wilson.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
The thing is I think Geno is really good on the sidelines, always talking to Russ helping him analyze. And other guys like him

WmHBonney

Reaction score
I know you're joking.
Haskins is just another in a long line of Ohio St QBs that didn't pan out in the NFL.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Welshers":2hjqaf4t said:
Uncle Si":2hjqaf4t said:
What are you trying to accomplish here?
I'm just teasing and taking a jab at WFT. They really messed up wasting a 1st rd pick on that guy. Just lighthearted. I did think the Russ stats were of note tho... pointing out he broke out single season TD record despite really taking a lot of (sometimes deserved) heat lately. And I thought it was interesting to point out Jim's 27 picks in '76! Sorry if it came across as a bad post, I was just trying to have some monday fun!

Hard to take jabs at anyone's first round draft failures when we have about 8 years of them and it got so bad it was worth while to dump 2 for a single player.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
This is the most ridiculous thread I've seen posted on .net.

Haskins is a developmental project who's presently not as good as Geno Smith and you think the team should actually cut Wilson for the guy who galactic ally failed in DC? OK sure thing? :pukeface: What other bright ideas: ut Wagner and Brown and KJ and a few others for washed out bums? Then the Hawks again could be in the wilderness like Cleveland and Cincie have been for the last decade or more. We'd for sure be drafting in the top 5 for quite some time and Pete and John would go to wherever RW was and win some seasons there as well.

Rat

Reaction score
jammerhawk":397fndnf said:

Haskins is a developmental project who's presently not as good as Geno Smith and you think the team should actually cut Wilson for the guy who galactic ally failed in DC? OK sure thing? :pukeface: What other bright ideas: ut Wagner and Brown and KJ and a few others for washed out bums? Then the Hawks again could be in the wilderness like Cleveland and Cincie have been for the last decade or more. We'd for sure be drafting in the top 5 for quite some time and Pete and John would go to wherever RW was and win some seasons there as well.
I assume he’s joking. We would trade Russ, not flat-out cut him.

Polk738

Reaction score
jammerhawk":1i5q77ot said:

I think somebody didn't get the joke.....

Cyrus12

Reaction score
TypeSly":1kx92p5i said:
This^ imo worse than overeaction Monday after a loss. People love to say I told you so...makes em feel powerful.

Latest posts