Just Saying...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If we end up having to go to Lambeau Field to take on the 2020 MVP Rodgers and the Packers in mid January all because we lost to the FREAKIN' GIANTS I'm gonna be pissed.

:p

Uncle Si

Reaction score
The weather in Seattle in January isn't much better than Lambeau on average. I mean its colder, but usually pretty dry.

No fans there, so really what does it matter?

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Uncle Si":22dk0id7 said:
The weather in Seattle in January isn't much better than Lambeau on average. I mean its colder, but usually pretty dry. No fans there, so really what does it matter?

You're joking, right?

Uncle Si

Reaction score
No..

I dont get the concern with location when there are no fans.

Been to Green Bay plenty in winter. Seattle in January is gusting wind and rain. GB is cold and dry.

W

Welshers

I get why everyone says that the Giants game is really going to bite us in the ass, same as the 1st Cardinals game where we should have one, but it makes me feel better when I think of the Patriots and Vikings games. We really shouldn't have won the Vikings game and got lucky to do so. The Pats game we easily could have lost. So it's one of those things where it goes both ways. You win some close ones that you shouldn't and lose some you shouldn't. Things even out in the end. But it makes me feel better to think we caught some breaks as well so they kind of make up for the Giants loss. Everything seemed to even out and I think 11-4 is a pretty accurate representation of how good we are at this point and where we should fairly be. Luckily for us we are peaking at the right time; now.

Bosnianseahawk1991

Reaction score
I’m more worried about the officiating playing GB at home then the game. Did anyone else watch the game on Sunday and see very questionable/biased calls. I just hope ticky tacky stuff isn’t called and the refs let everyone play.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
The scariest part of playing in GB is if Erin has his officials with him, which will be likely.
I do not expect a fairly officiated game in GB regardless of who plays there, with the exception of the Tampa Brady’s who have their own guys as well.

If it’s Tawmy vs Erin, I’m not sure who the NFL would pick?

W

Welshers

Sports Hernia":36kjdazy said:
The scariest part of playing in GB is if Erin has his officials with him, which will be likely.
I do not expect a fairly officiated game in GB regardless of who plays there, with the exception of the Tampa Brady’s who have their own guys as well.

If it’s Tawmy vs Erin, I’m not sure who the NFL would pick?
They would take GB I am convinced. They love Brady but Tampa just isn't that big of a market. GB are the glory boys and one of the big market teams and the NFL is obsessed with Erin and State Farm. The Steelers and Packers will always get the calls before anyone else (Patriots are right there too)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Like others have mentioned, the ref factor is very scary. And I don't need to hear about how the team should overcome etc. The Refs impacting games is a real thing, and it's VERY likely to be something we see in the playoffs.

chris98251

Reaction score
Uncle Si":zyhqok0q said:
No..

Been to Green Bay plenty in winter. Seattle in January is gusting wind and rain. GB is cold and dry.

Being home is a mental thing, it has it's advanatges.

A playoff tested team uses it as extra incentive to focus and step up on the road and maybe elevate their game knowing they are in a fight not only against a team but crowd many times.

Green bay has a mystique about it that gets in players heads as well.

The Refs and Erin are my biggest concerns and once the steering starts it's hard to take back the momentum you lose because of the calls made.

Madrid Hawk

Reaction score
Don't be pissed. Rodgers is a has-been. Adams, Brooks, Diggs, et all are up-and-comers.

The refs are a problem Always will be whenever GB, Pitts, or Dallas are involved.

The solution is to stomp them into the dirt, a la 48.

Always and forever, F every other team.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Good points ^^^
every.....single...one...
The Hawks are the only team that truly matter to me. They are a contender, just like GB and NO. I just don't buy in to all the fear that seems to come out before every game. To each his/her own. I just believe in the team and what they can do. Doesn't make me any bigger of a fan, just they way I look at this team, this QB and this Coach.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
No team that’s not the Packers will be getting a fair shake in ref calls in January at Lambeau.

Teams will need to play a damn near perfect game knowing that calls will not favor the road team.

Everything goes against the road team in Lambeau in January.

Very difficult to beat Green Bay in Green Bay in January.

A definite harder matchup than in New Orleans in January.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Packers have had a fairly easy schedule.

Seattle on the other hand has played against the Top Defenses in the NFL!

We will smoke Rodgers at home, so get ready for those "Angry Aron" screen shots.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yeah, the Pack has beaten maybe 2 teams with a winning record.
I don't doubt they are a good team. But, the NFC is wide open imo.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
So...

Nothing rationale then? Just mystique and the bogeyman.

I'd rather the Hawks in Green Bay, a place they almost won last year, than a visit to New Orleans.

5 win Vikings team steamrolled them at Lambeau earlier this year.

No road game is easy, but I think this is a good year to play the Packers at their (empty) house

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Not only almost won, but a brutal drop on an absolutely perfect pass that would have maybe got them to finish a game winning drive. With a RB who came out of retirement.
Shoot, they were on 4th stringers vs. the Niners and were a half yard from winning the division.
This team is almost ALWAYS in every game they play. #3 under center, ANYTHING is possible. More fear of the opponent. Meh. I'm glad this team fears nobody, a lot of fans sure seem to be scared. Just my opinion.....

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Uncle Si":234kklo9 said:
No..

I lived in rural Wisconsin through most of the 90s...that 20-degree difference (Green Bay average January high temp is 26, Seattle's is 46) makes a BIG difference on your unprotected hands when you're not used to it. Try and write it off all you want, but you're just wrong on this one, sorry.

Plus, it's less humid there than in Seattle, which means the temperatures drop both farther and more quickly in the late afternoon and evening. Realistically if we have a late afternoon or evening start time there, it'll be on average 25 degrees give or take a few colder than in Seattle.

Next you're gonna say there's no difference between 75 and 95 in the summer, amirite? :roll:

Come on, Si.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I work with a huge GB fan, and he flat out already has said "I don't want them playing Seattle, not with THAT quarterback, running game and how the defense is playing"
I suspect plenty of other fanbases wouldn't exactly be too stoked to play Seattle.
Again, it's the playoffs. You don't get to pick and choose who you play. And IF you're already hoping you play x team, because that's an easier path? Kind of a losing mentality. I have zero doubt the Hawks couldn't give a rats butt who they play in the playoffs.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Its cold Ro.. I know, I'm on the other side of the river.going on 20 years now. I'm through GB/wausau 5-6 times a year.

But its dry, and relatively tame in regards to wind most days.

Settle may be 40s, but runs a much higher risk of lashing rain and wind.

Not saying I'd prefer GB to Seattle, just don't think its that big of a deal this year without fans.