Kyle Shanahan felt 'sick' to lose D. J. Reed.

Maulbert

Reaction score
“D.J. made us sick to lose,” Shanahan said. “He had an offseason injury where he tore his pec. We had an unprecedented number of guys at that time who were on PUP. We couldn’t have more with the roster rules and how many we had to have down. We didn’t know if he was going to be able to come back during the year from it.

There were a lot of decisions that went into it. We were hoping we wouldn’t lose him. Obviously, Seattle took him, and they got a great player because of it. He’s a guy I really like a lot, as a person and a player. That’s something I wish we could have had back.”

https://www.nbcsports.com/northwest...sick-lose-dj-reed-seahawks-regret-waiving-him

On behalf of Seattle, Thanks, Kyle!!!!

Jerhawk

Reaction score
That was a very fortunate acquisition for this team.

He's been a huge component to this defense, and I hope we see him play for the Seahawks for a few years.

LTH

Reaction score
LOL Yep!!! Makes JS look brilliant..

LTH

TypeSly

Reaction score
LTH":3uxdxdk7 said:
LOL Yep!!! Makes JS look brilliant..

LTH

That's because he is quite brilliant :mrgreen: . Imagine how Harbaugh and the Ravens felt losing Darren Waller to Las Vegas, while he was on their practice squad. All because they didn't have a jersey for him, so he had to do some drills by himself after the team left the field.. and that's how Jon Gruden saw him, and basically signed him the same day.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nah, don't you know that any move that works out is just "lucky" and has nothing to do with how well JS does his job? :sarcasm_off:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
John Schneider keeps his "eyes on the Boards and his nose to the grindstone". I doubt that any other GM works as smart as John. IMO...he is one of this teams greatest assets.

sutz

Reaction score
Sorry, 'bout that, Kyle. Well, not really. :twisted:

DJ has become a force for us. :2thumbs:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The only way this story gets better for us is if Reed says Sherm helped him a lot in becoming the CB he is for the Hawks.

rlkats

Reaction score
Reed is a solid player. Would of loved to keep him. He will be good for you all for years. Or until he gets that huge contract.