Finally! It's About Time!!!

Fade

Reaction score
A little late on this, but whatevs.

I was sick and tired of the Seahawks making Goff look like Joe Montana every time they played since McVay showed up.

Finally, Pete shutdown the jet sweeps, bottled up their wide zone runs, and stuck with their TE's on the boot-action. Leaving Goff to look like the walking trashcan that he is. Taking away all of the window dressing that McVay baked in to mask his QB. FINALLY!

The Rams are the best team in the league when not factoring in the QB. Thankfully, they have a bad one, so it drags them down, considerably. The Hawks have the blue print to beat the Goff led Rams going forward. The problem is McVay isn't going to stick with Goff for much longer. He might get 1 more year, I hope he stays for the next 10 of course. McVay with proper QB play is a scary thought.

I am still nervous as hell about the defense. They have been facing chopped liver at QB for a longtime. So it could be a shock to the system when they play a QB who knows what he is doing come playoff time.

The offense is playing possum, waiting to uncoil when needed, I just hope Pete doesn't wait to be down 20-0 in the Divisional Round to unleash them. With the right matchups they could get to the Superbowl. The Packers are frauds, but they will likely be the #1 Seed. They are a way different team at home. The Packers will not win the Superbowl, but they will likely make it there due to homefield. Nothing would be better than to see the Seahawks go in there and ruin their year, for the NFCC.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm still nervous about the defense but at least I think they are capable of stopping somebody without resorting to prayer.

Also, nice to see I'm not the only guy to ever throw out unsubstantiated "possum" theories on the board. :lol:

LTH

Reaction score
Fade":2hd5l074 said:

I was sick and tired of the Seahawks making Goff look like Joe Montana every time they played since McVay showed up.

Finally, Pete shutdown the jet sweeps, bottled up their wide zone runs, and stuck with their TE's on the boot-action. Leaving Goff to look like the walking trashcan that he is. Taking away all of the window dressing that McVay baked in to mask his QB. FINALLY!

The Rams are the best team in the league when not factoring in the QB. Thankfully, they have a bad one, so it drags them down, considerably. The Hawks have the blue print to beat the Goff led Rams going forward. The problem is McVay isn't going to stick with Goff for much longer. He might get 1 more year, I hope he stays for the next 10 of course. McVay with proper QB play is a scary thought.

I am still nervous as hell about the defense. They have been facing chopped liver at QB for a longtime. So it could be a shock to the system when they play a QB who knows what he is doing come playoff time.

The offense is playing possum, waiting to uncoil when needed, I just hope Pete doesn't wait to be down 20-0 in the Divisional Round to unleash them. With the right matchups they could get to the Superbowl. The Packers are frauds, but they will likely be the #1 Seed. They are a way different team at home. The Packers will not win the Superbowl, but they will likely make it there due to homefield. Nothing would be better than to see the Seahawks go in there and ruin their year, for the NFCC.

Your right it's not over yet... there is still work to be done with these guys but the momentum they have created could be enough to push them to the SB..

This next Game against the Niners is one of the most important games of the year...The way I see it is its very similar to coming off a big loss in the sense that they have to Keep the big win in perspective... they can not overlook the Niners who are beat up and down...they have to keep the momentum and the confidence going... winning out the last 4 games of the season is HUGE going into the playoffs...

LTH

TypeSly

Reaction score
Why be nervous about the defence? With where they were early in the season, and where they are now, we're playing with house money in that regard. It seems more justifiable to be nervous in the offence for the same reason.

I'm a little nervous about the offence, but I just remind myself that we have Russell Wilson. He's the guy who puts fear in everybody else, and I mean EVERYBODY. The players, the coaches and even their fanbases. We're so spoiled from having him, that we forget to remind ourselves how we would feel if we ever lost him.

RiverDog

Reaction score
Fade":iqqpb72g said:

You're preaching to the choir with regards to Jared Goff. He's horrible at handling pressure and having to ad lib when plays break down. That pick that Diggs made was the biggest head scratcher of the weekend. There wasn't a receiver within 10 yards, and since it came off a broken play, it's not like he was expecting one to be there. He reminds me a lot of Rex Grossman, a boom or bust QB.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
TypeSly":19myvanz said:
Why be nervous about the defence? With where they were early in the season, and where they are now, we're playing with house money in that regard. It seems more justifiable to be nervous in the offence for the same reason.

I'm a little nervous about the offence, but I just remind myself that we have Russell Wilson. He's the guy who puts fear in everybody else, and I mean EVERYBODY. The players, the coaches and even their fanbases. We're so spoiled from having him, that we forget to remind ourselves how we would feel if we ever lost him.

Because I'd still like to win & not sit in my chair after a 42-41 loss & say "at least the defense played better for a little while anyway".

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
An NFL best 15.0 points per game allowed since Week 10. But let's continue to dwell on how they were playing a month and a half go. JFC

253hawk

Reaction score
Guy making over $100 million and doesn't even know which direction the sun rises and sets. Can't stand this moron.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Since week 10 the defense has faced -

Murray
Wentz
McCoy
Darnold
Haskins
Goff

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,eh. I can see where the concern is coming from.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
LTH":3q71csfs said:
This next Game against the Niners is one of the most important games of the year...The way I see it is its very similar to coming off a big loss in the sense that they have to Keep the big win in perspective... they can not overlook the Niners who are beat up and down...they have to keep the momentum and the confidence going... winning out the last 4 games of the season is HUGE going into the playoffs...

LTH

Exactly this. There's another thread going about if/when we rest starters going all the way up to Russ with most people saying rest 'em if NO/GB games look like no more 1 seed chances.

IF we are up by at least three scores by all means consider resting some critical people. If however there's a chance of loss then be out there to make sure that chance goes away...because it would suck to be going into the playoffs realizing that there are players on our 53 capable of losing by a team now without Aiyuk, with an interim LS and kicker, and with a 3rd string QB. Just get the points first.

olyfan63

Reaction score
253hawk":3g9jm4we said:
Guy making over $100 million and doesn't even know which direction the sun rises and sets. Can't stand this moron.

First off, I had no idea Fade was so loaded, $100M, so with his globetrotting jet-set lifestyle, it's no wonder he has trouble keeping track of where the sunset and sunrise are coming from each day. I assure you he's very football smart, no moron, and a genuinely good dude as well.

Now that Goff tool, I'm glad he's the Rams QB, but I think it's an outrage he somehow got a contract that matches Fade's earnings.

olyfan63

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":dr8kty9h said:

Murray
Wentz
McCoy
Darnold
Haskins
Goff

Kyler Murray is a damn good QB, IMO, and beat us once this year.
Wentz--2017 Pro Bowl QB. Granted, not playing so well this year.
Darnold just beat the Rams and the Browns, two winning teams.
Goff was a two-time Pro Bowl selection.

Granted, none of them are Rodgers, Brees, or Brady, and we did worse than we should have against McCoy and Haskins.

I think the D is ready to step it up a notch... bring on CJ Beathard!
Our Niner friends say Beathard is just as good as Nick Mullens, who has torched us in the past. If we can stop the Niners and Beathard, and Shanahan's offense, it's nothing to sneeze at.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":vd113w6q said:
An NFL best 15.0 points per game allowed since Week 10. But let's continue to dwell on how they were playing a month and a half go. JFC
My thoughts too..
But this half rumination and Johns week 5 many weeks later exhausts me.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
olyfan63":qfga2mun said:
Granted, none of them are Rodgers, Brees, or Brady, and we did worse than we should have against McCoy and Haskins.

Exactly. I'm going to wait until I see them against that type of talent before I start crowning them the heir apparent to the 85' Bears.

getnasty

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":7o44c4kw said:

Murray
Wentz
McCoy
Darnold
Haskins
Goff

That's 4 top 3 picks, 5 first rounders and Colt McCoy. Nothing to sneeze at.

Chapow

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2gkbcwjv said:
olyfan63":2gkbcwjv said:

Exactly. I'm going to wait until I see them against that type of talent before I start crowning them the heir apparent to the 85' Bears.

Nobody has been crowning them the heir apparent to the 85 Bears.

They have played much, much better over the last month and a half than they did earlier in the season. It's OK to acknowledge that.

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Chapow":3lnhkrmu said:
pittpnthrs":3lnhkrmu said:
olyfan63":3lnhkrmu said:

Nobody has been crowning them the heir apparent to the 85 Bears.

They have played much, much better over the last month and a half than they did earlier in the season. It's OK to acknowledge that.

Sure I acknowledge that, but I also acknowledge the context behind their defensive ranking lately. This board has a bad habit of trying to justify and defend everything that goes on through the season pertaining to the Seahawks. It started as far back as claiming the Vikings werent as bad as their record (they were), to the Giants were a legit team with a great defense (they havent won since beating the Hawks), to a poster above saying the past 5 games were against QB's that were high picks so they are legit good (not so much). I'm not falling for Fools Gold until I see them beat some top tier talent.

TypeSly

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3343gq63 said:
TypeSly":3343gq63 said:

Because I'd still like to win & not sit in my chair after a 42-41 loss & say "at least the defense played better for a little while anyway".

I'm just saying that up to the midway point (or so), we were all nervous about the defence, if it didn't drastically improve by the time the playoffs rolled around. Well, miraculously... they DID! And here we are, in a better place defensively than most of us could have dared to hope for, so how much more we can ask for?

QuahHawk

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":2penet6l said:

Murray
Wentz
McCoy
Darnold
Haskins
Goff

Im sure someone can pull some data but in past years it always seemed like we played good QBs well and made the shit QBs look like stars.

Glad we are making playing like we should instead of down to our opponents.