Taylor update?

DavidCruz24

Reaction score
Anyone see any news on if Taylor practiced today? Last update as of Monday Pete said they were going to see if he would practice today and I did not see the media ask about him on the presser today. Any word on if he’s officially sitting out this year?

Momofantv

Reaction score
DavidCruz24":fvumbjsg said:
Anyone see any news on if Taylor practiced today? Last update as of Monday Pete said they were going to see if he would practice today and I did not see the media ask about him on the presser today. Any word on if he’s officially sitting out this year?

The update is dudes never going to play a down here, probably done forever at this point.

massari

Reaction score
He's a high jumper now

a-most-laborious-day-13.gif

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Momofantv":27waf9pw said:
DavidCruz24":27waf9pw said:

The update is dudes never going to play a down here, probably done forever at this point.

Oh man really? That stinks.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He's resting for next years playoffs..

TraderGary

Reaction score
I would be very surprised if Taylor sees the field this season. Even if he does surprise everyone and gets a little PT against the 49ers, I just can't see Pete playing an untested rookie in the playoffs without knowing what he's going to give you.

Also, please correct me if I'm wrong but if he sits out, don't we get an extra year of control? Seems silly to waste that in what could be a meaningless game against the 9ers, particularly if they don't plan to use him in the playoffs.

I think he will be ready to go by the time TC rolls around next year, and hopefully at 100%. Since he was unable to play this year, it will be almost like having an extra high draft pick which will be very helpful considering we don't have many next year.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
I'm assuming this is a red shirt year but I'm perplexed at the long recovery from what we were told was merely a stress fracture that he played on in college.

But theoretically he should eventually heal and play. Unless he's got some unreported underlying condition that affects his bones. But I'd think he'd have a long injury history is that was the case.

LTH

Reaction score
from what I heard in carrolls PC Taylor practiced and is really sore... Carroll did not sound optimistic for this year but he said all hope is NOT lost..

LTH

TraderGary

Reaction score
LTH":2hy9p97j said:
from what I heard in carrolls PC Taylor practiced and is really sore... Carroll did not sound optimistic for this year but he said all hope is NOT lost..

LTH
We all know Carroll is an eternal optimist. For him to sound less than optimistic on Taylor is really not a good sign. As "Mad Dog" said, let's hope this is not some sort of underlying bone condition.

I'm going to remain optimistic for next year unless we hear differently. I really want to see what this kid can do on the field as I'm sure we all do.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Mad Dog":3cxoqxvw said:
I'm assuming this is a red shirt year but I'm perplexed at the long recovery from what we were told was merely a stress fracture that he played on in college.

But theoretically he should eventually heal and play. Unless he's got some unreported underlying condition that affects his bones. But I'd think he'd have a long injury history is that was the case.

It was widely reported after the draft that he had a titanium rod surgically implanted in his leg last January.

And a reminder, it was very much in doubt there was going to be a 2020 season during the draft. Long recovery times were an acceptable risk.

Elemas

Reaction score
Apparently, he's practicing now and may be activated.

I just don't see the point. I'm hoping he plans out but, I'm more inclined to think bringing him in now is a waste.

I hope his injury is gtg and wouldn't mind him coming in fresh...for next season.

sutz

Reaction score
Elemas":11fyvcvl said:
Apparently, he's practicing now and may be activated.

I just don't see the point. I'm hoping he plans out but, I'm more inclined to think bringing him in now is a waste.

I hope his injury is gtg and wouldn't mind him coming in fresh...for next season.
Agreed. I suspect this is another move that makes him available for emergency use, but I doubt they will activate him just to "get reps" this season. The playoffs would be the wrong time to do that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Momofantv":23ww3gse said:
DavidCruz24":23ww3gse said:

And you based that on absolutely nothing, of course.

massari

Reaction score
Basis4day":jda8qpel said:
Long recovery times were an acceptable risk.
Gambling that his leg will heal 100% without a full evaluation from team doctors, is a bigger risk than the McDowell pick.

sutz

Reaction score
massari":jal7xdw4 said:
Basis4day":jal7xdw4 said:
Gambling that his leg will heal 100% without a full evaluation from team doctors, is a bigger risk than the McDowell pick.
Yeah, well head x-rays don't show "idiot" very well. :twisted:

Basis4day

Reaction score
massari":24f29u4a said:
Basis4day":24f29u4a said:

Completely false. And, again, McDowell is not analogous with any athlete outside of Jason Williams.

sdog1981

Reaction score
Basis4day":3ssi3fav said:
massari":3ssi3fav said:
Basis4day":3ssi3fav said:

Completely false. And, again, McDowell is not analogous with any athlete outside of Jason Williams.

Just like calling Chris McIntosh a bust because he got a neck injury in training camp.