Schotty's PC

LTH

Reaction score
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTgl6inC4jg

Just got done watching Schotty's PC... He is talking up Penny. Talking about Penny has fresh legs and that when he looks at Penny in practice he sees danger for the NFL... LOL Then he has this sh!t eating grin on his face.... I'm thinking about this and It feels to me like the Hawks are going to have a special treat for the Niners...

Since when does anybody from the Hawks talk about what they are going to do in a game? That never happens ... So Schotty is setting them up for something... Is it Penny like he says? Penny isn't the only one with fresh legs it's not like the Hawks give any one RB major carries they always split the carries carson gets around 12 carries usually.. and that's smart being that this position for the Hawks has been historically injury ridden at least with Carson...So I'm not really sure what Schotty is up to.... but he is up to something

So what are they going to do? What's Schotty up to? The fact he is talking about what he is going to do is alarming to me...but he is smart ... using Penny and giving Carson and Hyde some rest is not a bad idea...it's not like they are losing anything Penny needs some work...

Or is he setting up the Niner D for the pass... when they played the Rams they did open up with play action...maybe they want to get up on the Niners early and see how good the D is playing that time eating soft zone... yuck...

Thoughts

LTH

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I don't think he's setting anything up, really. Penny is fresh off rehab and has always been a very explosive back. Even limited carry running backs are gonna be somewhat sore by the end of the regular season.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I just watched the Niners and the Cards. If I were the Hawks I would do exactly what Schotty said...pound Penny and then start using play action... I think after watching the Niners D against the Cards they don't have the talent to match up with DK and Lockett... So I Think we are going to see Schotty open it up after softening them up with the run game... IMO conventional wisdom is "stop it if you can..." I hope Penny pounds them like a pork patties If they can run against SF it's over...

Kittle was the dangerous one on the Niners Pass game...Got to stop him and then I noticed that SF had a pretty good run game Wilson was 22 for 183...

I think the Hawks got to shut down that run game and then get to the QB.... so to stop Kittle is going to be a chore...

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Well....at 59 I have been exercising a bit less....or More i meant to say....and I can type a lot butter than Iused too. So My sklils are so much better than before. Maybe he may put me in....Put me in coach, I'm readay to play...LOL. Just thought I would throw some levity in the night.

Happy New Year to you when it comes. Peace.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
I love this O... they can beat you from anywhere on the field at any time...run pass it doesn't matter... I think they are a nightmare to match up against...they are a Offensive coordinators DREAM come true...

LTH

Polk738

Reaction score
I'll believe it when I see it, IMO Penny has yet to prove he is Carson's equal because he doesn't have the power in between the tackles that CC does, he's been more of an east west style runner-not that, that is bad per say he is just a different style runner compared to Carson.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Polk738":21jw5hve said:
I'll believe it when I see it, IMO Penny has yet to prove he is Carson's equal because he doesn't have the power in between the tackles that CC does, he's been more of an east west style runner-not that, that is bad per say he is just a different style runner compared to Carson.

Your right he is a different style but Penny can run inside just fine...

LTH

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
The best upcoming game plan in the world is useless if the players cannot execute. Each team will "poke" with different plays to find a potential "weak point" in the opposing Defense. Shotty is smiling because he believes that he and Pete have found a "weak point" in the Niners Defense.....and he can hardly wait to play them!

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":1rbrubpc said:
The best upcoming game plan in the world is useless if the players cannot execute. Each team will "poke" with different plays to find a potential "weak point" in the opposing Defense. Shotty is smiling because he believes that he and Pete have found a "weak point" in the Niners Defense.....and he can hardly wait to play them!

I wondered what that grin was about... LOL

TraderGary

Reaction score
LTH":2tvcx10r said:

Just got done watching Schotty's PC... He is talking up Penny. Talking about Penny has fresh legs and that when he looks at Penny in practice he sees danger for the NFL... LOL Then he has this sh!t eating grin on his face.... I'm thinking about this and It feels to me like the Hawks are going to have a special treat for the Niners...

Since when does anybody from the Hawks talk about what they are going to do in a game? That never happens ... So Schotty is setting them up for something... Is it Penny like he says? Penny isn't the only one with fresh legs it's not like the Hawks give any one RB major carries they always split the carries carson gets around 12 carries usually.. and that's smart being that this position for the Hawks has been historically injury ridden at least with Carson...So I'm not really sure what Schotty is up to.... but he is up to something

So what are they going to do? What's Schotty up to? The fact he is talking about what he is going to do is alarming to me...but he is smart ... using Penny and giving Carson and Hyde some rest is not a bad idea...it's not like they are losing anything Penny needs some work...

Or is he setting up the Niner D for the pass... when they played the Rams they did open up with play action...maybe they want to get up on the Niners early and see how good the D is playing that time eating soft zone... yuck...

Thoughts

LTH
I don't think it's a smoke screen at all. I haven't watched the PC, but based on what LTH is saying here, I think the plan may be to use Penny as the feature back and the reasons are twofold. One, this is the final game before the playoffs begin next week. I think they want to get Penny going and determine if he's going to be an asset in the playoffs. To see if he's back or close to the form he was in before he got hurt last year.

Secondly, as has been discussed in other threads on here, this is a contract year for Carson. Hard decisions are going to need to be made. One of the questions that need to be answered is, does Penny have the potential to be the feature back if they let Carson walk. Based on the fact they used a first round pick on him, I have to assume they did view him as the heir apparent when they drafted him.

Obviously this is just speculation on my part, but it makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, if the Saints and Packers are both losing, and Penny is not being effective, I would expect a big dose of Carson in an attempt to gain that all important #1 seed.

Edit to add: I'm sure they'd like to keep Carson as fresh as possible for what will hopefully be a deep playoff run.

chris98251

Reaction score
LTH":1qhhxid3 said:
Bigpumpkin":1qhhxid3 said:

Lets hope it isn't a game plan of Jet sweeps.

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
chris98251":dq6e6a16 said:
LTH":dq6e6a16 said:
Bigpumpkin":dq6e6a16 said:

Lets hope it isn't a game plan of Jet sweeps.

If ya think about it how many times does an offensive coordinator get a chance to call plays with such a talented O... I mean this O is good...he must just have a blast eating cold hot dogs and shredding D's...

LTH

OP
OP
L

LTH

Reaction score
TraderGary":oaul0btl said:
LTH":oaul0btl said:

Thoughts

LTH
I don't think it's a smoke screen at all. I haven't watched the PC, but based on what LTH is saying here, I think the plan may be to use Penny as the feature back and the reasons are twofold. One, this is the final game before the playoffs begin next week. I think they want to get Penny going and determine if he's going to be an asset in the playoffs. To see if he's back or close to the form he was in before he got hurt last year.

Secondly, as has been discussed in other threads on here, this is a contract year for Carson. Hard decisions are going to need to be made. One of the questions that need to be answered is, does Penny have the potential to be the feature back if they let Carson walk. Based on the fact they used a first round pick on him, I have to assume they did view him as the heir apparent when they drafted him.

Obviously this is just speculation on my part, but it makes perfect sense.

On the other hand, if the Saints and Packers are both losing, and Penny is not being effective, I would expect a big dose of Carson in an attempt to gain that all important #1 seed.

Edit to add: I'm sure they'd like to keep Carson as fresh as possible for what will hopefully be a deep playoff run.

I love the way Penny runs and if i was OC I would get him out in space and let him work his magic this guy makes explosive plays...

I like the way Carroll splits time with the backs and puts them in position for success taking advantage of their special talents

I'm looking forward to see all three of these backs make some noise in the playoffs

LTH

TraderGary

Reaction score
LTH":1d3m075u said:
I love the way Penny runs and if i was OC I would get him out in space and let him work his magic this guy makes explosive plays...

I like the way Carroll splits time with the backs and puts them in position for success taking advantage of their special talents

I'm looking forward to see all three of these backs make some noise in the playoffs

LTH
Penny has been impressive in the limited amount of playing time and carries he's been given. It's difficult for any RB to get into any kind of rhythm when they're not getting regular playing time, but he was really coming into his own and excelling last year prior to getting hurt. He was a real weapon. I believe he could be a feature back, but I think I may be in the minority on that.