Seahawks have longest streak of winning seasons?

D

DomeHawk

Now that NE has finally posted a losing season we have the longest streak at 9 seasons in a row?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Steelers? Dont really know off the top of my head, but just guessing.

renofox

Reaction score
Yes.

KC 8 seasons.
TEN 5 seasons.
Others at 4 or less.

sutz

Reaction score
Assuming this is the longest active streak? :snack:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Fire Bevell!!!

Wait, late to the party?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Sustained success in a league of parity is absurdly hard to achieve, and I think that is largely lost on the crowd here.

W

Welshers

Even so, if we lose in the wild card or divisional rounds you know people will be calling for Pete and co's head. Longest winning record streak in the league and people will still want them fired.

OP
OP
D

DomeHawk

Maelstrom787":3itkssvx said:
Sustained success in a league of parity is absurdly hard to achieve, and I think that is largely lost on the crowd here.

^^^^Excellent point.

MrFINCH

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":2ptbv7t1 said:

Amen. I started closely following this team in 1983 and it’s obvious to me who the young spoiled guys are. We have been blessed for a long time now. Starting with Mike Holmgren and Matt Hasselbeck. Paul Allen RIP, he had a vision and changed the direction and culture of Seahawk football.

I love that fans of other teams see us on the schedule every single year and mark their calendar and that the young fans in their 20s and lower are growing up in a world where the Seattle Seahawks are a big deal and respected franchise.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
DomeHawk":1krm0rwl said:
Maelstrom787":1krm0rwl said:

^^^^Excellent point.

Nah, the 1 thing I've learned by reading this board the last few years is that winning in the NFL is super easy.

Like, I'm talking 1 of the easiest things ever.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be long gone rooting for another team.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jerhawk":3nqxk16p said:
One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be back to rooting for the Oakland Raiders.

FIFY???

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
Jerhawk":sjycdpgi said:
One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be long gone rooting for another team.

Now, now, you can't question peoples fandom here.

Advocating for the firing of PC & JS & not caring if the moves work out because they are just ready for the change & want to see if they are right is not insane but is very reasonable on so many levels. I learned this just recently.

You're the 1 being selfish for wanting to keep them & finishing 11-5 or 12-4 & making the playoffs & being a contender almost every year instead of taking a chance & finishing 4-12 & missing the playoffs for the next decade. Can't you just think of other fans for once.

Winning is ridiculously easy in the NFL & the only reason we're not 16-0 every year & winning SB's is incompetence of the coaching staff & FO.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Seahawkfan80":2jv0m7mc said:
Jerhawk":2jv0m7mc said:
One day, we'll look back on the Pete Carroll era as "the good ol' days" and all the posters bashing Pete and John will be back to rooting for the Oakland Raiders.

FIFY???

If they're rooting for the Oakland Raiders, then that would explain a lot lmao

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3m4taur6 said:
Jerhawk":3m4taur6 said:

Advocating for the firing of PC & JS & not caring if the moves work out because they are just ready for the change & want to see if they are right is not insane but is very reasonable on so many levels. I learned this just recently.

You're the 1 being selfish for wanting to keep them & finishing 11-5 or 12-4 & making the playoffs & being a contender almost every year instead of taking a chance & finishing 4-12 & missing the playoffs for the next decade. Can't you just think of other fans for once.

Winning is ridiculously easy in the NFL & the only reason we're not 16-0 every year & winning SB's is incompetence of the coaching staff & FO.

Right?
And I would never campaign for myself to be a better fan than anybody on this forum, or anywhere else for that matter.
But the constant disapproval against PC/JS while the team is winning is just mind boggling.

If the team was below .500, or had a couple losing seasons back to back, then yes there needs to be change.

But the team is 11-4, just won the division title, and people want them gone. It seriously makes no sense to me.
But i grew up watching the team suck, so what do I know?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":3ues9u71 said:
Jerhawk":3ues9u71 said:

When a team has a top 5 QB in the league, wins are pretty much guaranteed to some degree. With Wilson, 9 to 10 wins are a lock no matter who the coach is. A lot of fans dont understand this and lay the wins solely on Carroll instead for some reason. Being content with just making the playoffs and flaming out in the early rounds year after year is ok I guess, but why be so angry for the people that want more and are willing to try something different in order to get it? Cant you just think of other fans for once?