Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You can only win the game...

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
You can only win the game...
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:26 pm
  • In the 4th quarter. A lot of people make fun of that mantra, but boy was it true today. Three straight TDs when it mattered the most. Russ is so damn clutch. Lockette played his butt off. Proud of the guys. God I hope Adams and Reed and Penny are alright....

Not an optimal way to win but win we did
    Last edited by Welshers on Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Re: You can only win the game...
Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:28 pm
  • Well, they gonna have to win the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarters cuz that ain’t gonna fly in the playoffs.
    Mizak
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:46 pm
  • It infuriates me when we call for prevent defense. All it does is give the other guys a decent chance to win. Worst prevent defense I've ever seen. If we don't have a good cushion heading into last minutes we're in trouble.
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:46 pm
  • A strategy to suck for 3 quarters is not a good strategy I think we can all agree on that
    Hawaii-hawk
    NET Practice Squad

Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:48 pm
  • Winning in the 4th quarter is more likely to happen when we have a big lead going into the 4th quarter.
    minormillikin
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:41 pm
  • Hawaii-hawk wrote:A strategy to suck for 3 quarters is not a good strategy I think we can all agree on that

Not saying it's optimal but it happened tonight
    Welshers
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:42 pm
  • We shall see how far this same tired game plan goes from here.
    WmHBonney
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:46 pm
  • If you build a big enough lead in the other quarters, you don't have to keep key players in during a meaningless game - then get them injured right before the playoffs.

The whole 'win the game in the 4th quarter' thing is stupid and self-defeating.

We have lost multiple playoff games because of this kind of stupidity. All of the games where we were down multiple TDs at the half, then clawed our way close but lost as we ran out of time? Those are the result of this moronic belief that holding serve during qtrs 1, 2, and 3 are all that matters.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:57 pm
  • Mizak wrote:Well, they gonna have to win the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarters cuz that ain’t gonna fly in the playoffs.

What's your proof?, because "Hunches" ain't add up to nothing.
    FACT-> Playoffs are a whole another Season. :irishdrinkers:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:59 pm
  • Hawaii-hawk wrote:A strategy to suck for 3 quarters is not a good strategy I think we can all agree on that

This pretty much summarizes this offence since the super bowl era.
    Cyrus12
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Sun Jan 03, 2021 7:06 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:If you build a big enough lead in the other quarters, you don't have to keep key players in during a meaningless game - then get them injured right before the playoffs.

The whole 'win the game in the 4th quarter' thing is stupid and self-defeating.

We have lost multiple playoff games because of this kind of stupidity. All of the games where we were down multiple TDs at the half, then clawed our way close but lost as we ran out of time? Those are the result of this moronic belief that holding serve during qtrs 1, 2, and 3 are all that matters.

WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! :angry017: and we've also WON a lot of games TH ...So..What's your CONSTANT NEGATIVE point, other than to pee on someone elses feel good???? :pukeface:
    scutterhawk
    NET Veteran

Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:07 pm
  • TwistedHusky wrote:If you build a big enough lead in the other quarters,

What's a big enough lead?

Up by 11 against the Patriots going into the fourth, heroics required to survive when the defense gives up 13 easily.

Up by 20 on the 49ers, have to get more scores from the offense to stay ahead.

30 point leads are unusual.
    bmorepunk
    NET Veteran

It is currently Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:21 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information