You can only win the game...

W

Welshers

In the 4th quarter. A lot of people make fun of that mantra, but boy was it true today. Three straight TDs when it mattered the most. Russ is so damn clutch. Lockette played his butt off. Proud of the guys. God I hope Adams and Reed and Penny are alright....

Not an optimal way to win but win we did

Mizak

Reaction score
Well, they gonna have to win the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarters cuz that ain’t gonna fly in the playoffs.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
It infuriates me when we call for prevent defense. All it does is give the other guys a decent chance to win. Worst prevent defense I've ever seen. If we don't have a good cushion heading into last minutes we're in trouble.

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
A strategy to suck for 3 quarters is not a good strategy I think we can all agree on that

minormillikin

Reaction score
Winning in the 4th quarter is more likely to happen when we have a big lead going into the 4th quarter.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Hawaii-hawk":ee65g97e said:
A strategy to suck for 3 quarters is not a good strategy I think we can all agree on that
Not saying it's optimal but it happened tonight

WmHBonney

Reaction score
We shall see how far this same tired game plan goes from here.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
If you build a big enough lead in the other quarters, you don't have to keep key players in during a meaningless game - then get them injured right before the playoffs.

The whole 'win the game in the 4th quarter' thing is stupid and self-defeating.

We have lost multiple playoff games because of this kind of stupidity. All of the games where we were down multiple TDs at the half, then clawed our way close but lost as we ran out of time? Those are the result of this moronic belief that holding serve during qtrs 1, 2, and 3 are all that matters.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Mizak":2pgte4xu said:
Well, they gonna have to win the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarters cuz that ain’t gonna fly in the playoffs.
What's your proof?, because "Hunches" ain't add up to nothing.
FACT-> Playoffs are a whole another Season. :irishdrinkers:

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Hawaii-hawk":22ebwq1o said:
This pretty much summarizes this offence since the super bowl era.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2izy6okw said:
If you build a big enough lead in the other quarters, you don't have to keep key players in during a meaningless game - then get them injured right before the playoffs.

The whole 'win the game in the 4th quarter' thing is stupid and self-defeating.

We have lost multiple playoff games because of this kind of stupidity. All of the games where we were down multiple TDs at the half, then clawed our way close but lost as we ran out of time? Those are the result of this moronic belief that holding serve during qtrs 1, 2, and 3 are all that matters.
WAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! :angry017: and we've also WON a lot of games TH ...So..What's your CONSTANT NEGATIVE point, other than to pee on someone elses feel good???? :pukeface:

bmorepunk

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":k0u0hlfn said:
If you build a big enough lead in the other quarters,

What's a big enough lead?

Up by 11 against the Patriots going into the fourth, heroics required to survive when the defense gives up 13 easily.

Up by 20 on the 49ers, have to get more scores from the offense to stay ahead.

30 point leads are unusual.