Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I LOVE niner tears

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Re: I LOVE niner tears
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:55 am
  • And he seems to be injury prone these days.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:06 am
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I'm glad to see some sense here from some of the posters I most respect (I see you Roland and a few others).

Sup playa; don't be a stranger. :)

I'll be very curious to see who you can't afford to keep. With the reduced salary cap (unless the NFL ownership decides to give a one-year temporary percentage bump to compensate, or something like that), it's going to be the most interesting off-season in a long time for everyone.

I'm not gonna lie...I would like to see Sherman come home. I doubt it'll happen, but I miss that man something fierce.

Well it COULD happen. I don't know if it will though. Sherman has been talking as if his time in SF is up. He'd like to stay, but he's a damn smart guy and sees the salary situation in SF. Niners #1 priority is Trent Williams. #2 surprisingly might be Jason Verrett and then maybe K'wuan Williams. Juszczyk would likely be next. SF hasn't ruled out resigning Sherman, but I think a number of things have to fall right for him to be back (some of which would be his price going down dramatically) and I'd put money on Sherman being elsewhere.

The question is this....does he take more money to go to a rebuilding team or less money to play for a contender. If its the latter, Seattle would be an option.

I know that a lot of Niner fans feel that way about Trent Williams but that guy is 11 years in. If they are worried about him what are they doing about the rest of the line? He isn't Walter Jones either, just one of the higher rated guys at his position. I think that they should be creative about his worth and the impact he could have on the cap structure.

One thing is certain, they need Oline help in SF but who doesn't in this division?
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:15 pm
  • loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:I'm glad to see some sense here from some of the posters I most respect (I see you Roland and a few others).

Sup playa; don't be a stranger. :)

I'll be very curious to see who you can't afford to keep. With the reduced salary cap (unless the NFL ownership decides to give a one-year temporary percentage bump to compensate, or something like that), it's going to be the most interesting off-season in a long time for everyone.

I'm not gonna lie...I would like to see Sherman come home. I doubt it'll happen, but I miss that man something fierce.

Well it COULD happen. I don't know if it will though. Sherman has been talking as if his time in SF is up. He'd like to stay, but he's a damn smart guy and sees the salary situation in SF. Niners #1 priority is Trent Williams. #2 surprisingly might be Jason Verrett and then maybe K'wuan Williams. Juszczyk would likely be next. SF hasn't ruled out resigning Sherman, but I think a number of things have to fall right for him to be back (some of which would be his price going down dramatically) and I'd put money on Sherman being elsewhere.

The question is this....does he take more money to go to a rebuilding team or less money to play for a contender. If its the latter, Seattle would be an option.

I know that a lot of Niner fans feel that way about Trent Williams but that guy is 11 years in. If they are worried about him what are they doing about the rest of the line? He isn't Walter Jones either, just one of the higher rated guys at his position. I think that they should be creative about his worth and the impact he could have on the cap structure.

One thing is certain, they need Oline help in SF but who doesn't in this division?

Well first off I disagree with you about Williams. Dude is a stud. He started slow but he was awesome the rest of the year.

That said, no question Niners need help on the O-Line.
    Marvin49
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 06, 2021 4:57 pm
  • chris98251 wrote:
    johnnyfever wrote:They are already talking superbowl next year. Really? How about 7-9 first.

How about some respect for giving everything they had with going through 80 players on the 53 man and over 40 injured this season.

Huh? I've read the garbage over there over the years. They get zero respect for anything...
    hawker84
    NET Veteran

Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:20 pm
  • Marvin49 wrote:
    loafoftatupu wrote:
    Marvin49 wrote:
    RolandDeschain wrote:Sup playa; don't be a stranger. :)

Well first off I disagree with you about Williams. Dude is a stud. He started slow but he was awesome the rest of the year.

That said, no question Niners need help on the O-Line.

I would take his lunch money, his girl, the key to his Benz, the brisket in his pocket AND the sauce before he could finish swinging that gravy powered roundhouse and be able to pull away from him like the RoadRunner does the Coyote. On a 70 degree day steam would still be coming out his breath. :D

This guy was drafted the same year Okung was and they were both highly rated, Yeah.. maybe PFF has him rated but I am not seeing some world beating O-line player worth a big investment, especially at his age. Then again, I see Walter Jones as the bar for dominate LT.
    loafoftatupu
    I'M JIMMY!

Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:25 pm
  • Ambrose83 wrote:Nothing good ever comes from CA.
    Pete came from California.
    sc85sis
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:00 am
  • The hawks didn't exactly destroy the Niners the entire game, they were in fact behind by what 2 scores in the 4th quarter..against a team that had a lot of injuries this year. This isnt a game I'd be gloating about. This was a game the Hawks should have won and they damn near lost if not for typical 4th quarter heroics. If the Hawks were on their 3rd string QB, missing like 1/3 of their starters, kept the game within reach and even took the lead in the 4th quarter and then lost due to late game fallout and then you had Niner fans beating their chest....how damn silly would the Niners fans look? Yeah I'm not gonna be that Hawks fan regarding this game. The only acceptable reason to have this game close or lose, was that it was meaningless and the Hawks should have been resting ALL the starters by half time.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:04 am
  • Ambrose83 wrote:Nothing good ever comes from CA.

Let's not get delusional here. I'm pretty sure the majority of people in King county could move to San Diego or the Bay area but get a 50-100% bump in pay to maintain their standard of living would happily do it. Theme Parks, Beaches, Beach goers (you know...), Sunny dry weather...like the only universally $h!t things in CA are traffic and cost of living. Okay and the superficial crap you hear about LA all the time, but maybe it's less of an issue if you're making that 50-100% bump in pay lol.
    ZagHawk
    NET Veteran

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:18 am
  • The Niners are a very good team that was excoriated with injuries this season. That broken team keep it close in both games.

Sure the Hawks beat them 2x this year but don't expect that to happen every season.

It's awesome the Hawks won their series this season but we shouldn't gloat b/c karma has a way of biting back.
    jammerhawk
    * NET Moderator *

Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:53 am
  • If I were the 9ers I would dump Jimmy G and go after Stafford, Ryan or yeah, even Wentz. When they get healthy they WILL be a force, especially with a better QB.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:04 pm
  • Lots of good stuff here. Thanks specifically to Marvin and Roland.

Yes, the general 9er fanbase is ass.

They have an amazing team. They had an outstanding year all things considered. If they get a decent quarterback they will own us
    acer1240
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 1:21 pm
  • They may be crying next year over cap-issues and contracts.

It will be interesting to see who they can keep, just as it will with the Hawks.
    Ad Hawk
    NET Veteran

Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:37 pm
  • Only thing better than 9er tears are JohnnyFever's one and done years, and to the Rams no doubt. Baaaahahaha
    Seachokes
    NET Bench Warmer

Previous

It is currently Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:47 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information