Hindsight is 20/20

W

Welshers

I find it funny how many people are now whining we didn't rest everyone. Remember there was a thread in this very forum on the topic about if we should play the starters and almost everyone was saying "play to win!", "we still have a chance at seeding", "play the guys". But now after the injuries everyone is saying "why didn't you rest the players!!!". It just proves that hindsight is 20/20 and there are some situations where you can never win as management.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

Rat":ro73fg02 said:
Do you ever make a post that isn't whining about other fans?
All the time, check my post history. You just only respond to these. I'm not even whining, I'm just saying it's true. We had to play the guys because we had a shot at the 1

Hawaii-hawk

Reaction score
I understand that once it became clear the pack was going to win we should have rested our starters but I also understand that we were playing absolutely atrocious on offense up until that point and I personally hate hate hate going into the playoffs on such a demoralizing terrible note, lack of momentum, doubts, etc that could translate into playing terribly in the playoffs when we need confidence confidence confidence.

hawk45

Reaction score
We need Adams more than any transient emotional boost from beating a non playoff bound niner team.

I mean...does anyone really disagree with that? At all?

Now of course the coaches can’t know that’s the trade off but even the possibility outweighs the impact of a win and that’s why coaches will rightly get pilloried for it.

Ask mike evans.

chris98251

Reaction score
hawk45":mm6w1jmy said:
We need Adams more than any transient emotional boost from beating a non playoff bound niner team.

I mean...does anyone really disagree with that? At all?

Now of course the coaches can’t know that’s the trade off but even the possibility outweighs the impact of a win and that’s why coaches will rightly get pilloried for it.

Ask mike evans.

Evans injury a hyper extension no physical damage. He will need to rest and recovery but structure is sound.

Next Hyperbole argument.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
We knew by halftime and certainly by the 3rd quarter there was no need to win this one.

If nothing else, by the 3rd quarter - we should have pulled the starters on offense and defense.

It has nothing to do with hindsight.

There was a very clear indicator that winning this game meant nothing (at least by 3rd quarter).

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Russ is the most valuable player on the team and most vulnerable, do you think there is any chance he was coming off the field?

In my opinion, zero chance. And with that the other leaders of that team follow. I would hope they never lay down to the niners.

renofox

Reaction score
In the 4th quarter the Bears were only down 5 to GB and had 1st and 10 at ~GB30. There was still a chance at the #2 seed.

The Seahawks injuries occurred before GB got a handle on the game (3:47 remaining 4th qtr).