It's Been a Good Football Year

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Regardless of how things go from here on out, it's been a good football year.

I didn't think it was likely the playoffs would happen on time with COVID, but it looks like things will go reasonably well. Some team might get hosed because of positive cases at the wrong time, but given how bad it could have gone, it seems like the league has done an overall good job.

The Seahawks finished 12-4 and won the division. In a tough division.

The defense was abysmal on the front half of the season, even against bad offenses. They have choked some bad offenses to death in the second half. Maybe it will go sideways, but it was a massive improvement over that dumpster fire that was happening the first eight games.

They found some great players that have been stepping up. The offensive line has been serviceable to good a lot of the season. Metcalf has become ridiculous. The first round draft pick is showing major flashes.

They're going to be playing in the playoffs. They don't have the best chance to win a Super Bowl, but there is now a pass rush, secondary, and Wilson is a magical bastard so you never know.

Whatever happens, there's been a lot of upside to making it to this point. Hopefully they can get some sweet wins in the next few weeks.

Rat

Reaction score
Undeniably successful regular season. They exceeded my expectations.

Still, can't say it wouldn't be bitterly disappointing if we go one-and-done in the playoffs. Not sure what the best word would be to describe that season.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Absolutely a successful season. Whether we can make it a GREAT season remains to be seen; but some level of postseason success is always a requirement to use the word "great" for a season, IMO.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Was in a watering hole with a Redskins fan and we discussed our game the following week. It was interesting talking to him in Cowboyville about that game. I ended up coming home and chilling as our game was the same time as the Pokes game was on and I wanted to watch our game. We were happy with just being able to rant and rave about our teams. It is a great distraction from real life. And I NEEDED it this year. Now....I dunno. It is still a great distraction...and it does help. Be at peace my friends....and Be happy.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I'm feeling pretty fortunate we even had nfl football this year, let alone that the Seahawks have been successful.
12-4 is pretty darned good. Put that with a divisional championship and I'm good with that. Anything else is gravy...and I happen to love good gravy!