I'm dreading this game vs the Rams

Jerhawk

Reaction score
First off, congratulations to the Seahawks on a 12-4 regular season. That record is nothing to scoff at, and is something to be proud of. NFC West divisions champions also has a sweet taste to it.

Now, after today's come from behind victory against the 49ers, I was hoping to be even more jacked. Except, I'm not.

Because we have to play the Los Angeles Rams AGAIN. This team has been a proverbial thorn in our side for as long as Pete's been here it feels like. They're like a turd that won't flush.

Going back in time now to 2004, where we played them in the wild card round. Remember this one? Hasselbeck threw a gut wrenching incompletion to Engram in the endzone at the end of the game, completing a 3 game sweep of us that season.

Fast forward to now, where we had a hard fought game against them last week to finally take them out and win the division. And when the dust settles from our party, who's standing in front of us, but the same pesky Rams! They just won't leave us alone!

I have a bad feeling about this one. I felt ultra confident about last week's game, but now it feels like we've exhausted all our good plays, showed our hand, and we're left facing them with nothing but our wits and integrity. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight against these guys.

The video below is a perfect representstion of how I'm feeling about this matchup, with Kylo Ren representing the Seahawks (and how I looked after beating them last week/how I looked seeing we're playing them again) and Luke Skywalker representing the Rams.

Is anyone else dreading this upcoming game? Or does Jerhawk need to buckle up and prepare for victory? What's your level of confidence heading into Saturday's playoff battle?

[youtube]TyojTJdpyTA[/youtube]

TypeSly

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/LindseyThiry/status/1345899469955620864[/tweet]

Wow, who knew that the LA Rams would be wanting a good ass-whooping?! Allright, time for the Seahawks to serve one up for Mr. Donald!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'd rather face any other playoff team, to be honest. However, we did handle them pretty well last time, though the final score doesn't show it.

renofox

Reaction score
I think PC/KNJ finally have the Ram's offense figured out, and PC will let Schotty plan a shorter pass game due to the Ram's notorious Dline. They got this.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
If Goff with a broken thumb beats us, then tip your caps to the Rams.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
renofox":3ht3hnx7 said:
I think PC/KNJ finally have the Ram's offense figured out, and PC will let Schotty plan a shorter pass game due to the Ram's notorious Dline. They got this.

We just saw in their win v. the Cardinals that their offense now has a different dynamic with Wolford as their QB. He is definitely not Goff.

renofox

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":3uc55bzk said:
renofox":3uc55bzk said:

We just saw in their win v. the Cardinals that their offense now has a different dynamic with Wolford as their QB. He is definitely not Goff.

I thought Goff was supposed to be back next week? Heard that somewhere, can't remember where.

AgentDib

Reaction score
We could definitely lose to the Rams, but then again we could lose to any team. And if we do beat the Rams, we could definitely lose to the second round matchup, etc.

I suggest looking at the playoffs from the other direction. It isn't likely, but if we manage to win three games in a row we get a trip to the Super Bowl. Can we beat the Rams? Clearly yes as of just two weeks ago. And if we do beat them, then the reward is just needing to win two games in a row to get to the Super Bowl.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
AgentDib":3qxjyb65 said:
We could definitely lose to the Rams, but then again we could lose to any team. And if we do beat the Rams, we could definitely lose to the second round matchup, etc.

I suggest looking at the playoffs from the other direction. It isn't likely, but if we manage to win three games in a row we get a trip to the Super Bowl. Can we beat the Rams? Clearly yes as of just two weeks ago. And if we do beat them, then the reward is just needing to win two games in a row to get to the Super Bowl.

This.

It is what it is. Play the hand you're dealt. Time to put up or shut up. I'm out of cliches, but let's see what Pete and the boys can muster.

Nothinbutm

Reaction score
renofox":2zx2z0s4 said:
Nothinbutm":2zx2z0s4 said:
renofox":2zx2z0s4 said:

I thought Goff was supposed to be back next week? Heard that somewhere, can't remember where.

I'm not entirely sure where you read that. All the publications I've read have said the Rams have no idea if Goff will be back or not.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/0 ... -seahawks/

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-hc-sean-m ... s-seahawks

Honestly, what I saw from Wolford was a little concerning. The Cardinals are without a doubt ending their season in a downward slope, but some of the plays Wolfie made convinced me that if he plays like that again then it's definitely going to be an extremely tight game.

A_Biased_Fan

Reaction score
Nothinbutm":21gcwotv said:
renofox":21gcwotv said:
Nothinbutm":21gcwotv said:
renofox":21gcwotv said:

I'm not entirely sure where you read that. All the publications I've read have said the Rams have no idea if Goff will be back or not.

https://theramswire.usatoday.com/2021/0 ... -seahawks/

https://www.nfl.com/news/rams-hc-sean-m ... s-seahawks

Honestly, what I saw from Wolford was a little concerning. The Cardinals are without a doubt ending their season in a downward slope, but some of the plays Wolfie made convinced me that if he plays like that again then it's definitely going to be an extremely tight game.

That being said, the Rams scored all of 18 points, with 7 of those coming off a pick-6.

Elemas

Reaction score
I'm a little worried if our third string quarterback continues to play.

If they bring that RW guy back, we've got this.

tersal

Reaction score
Jerhawk":12gskf8r said:
First off, congratulations to the Seahawks on a 12-4 regular season. That record is nothing to scoff at, and is something to be proud of. NFC West divisions champions also has a sweet taste to it.

Now, after today's come from behind victory against the 49ers, I was hoping to be even more jacked. Except, I'm not.

Because we have to play the Los Angeles Rams AGAIN. This team has been a proverbial thorn in our side for as long as Pete's been here it feels like. They're like a turd that won't flush.

Going back in time now to 2004, where we played them in the wild card round. Remember this one? Hasselbeck threw a gut wrenching incompletion to Engram in the endzone at the end of the game, completing a 3 game sweep of us that season.

Fast forward to now, where we had a hard fought game against them last week to finally take them out and win the division. And when the dust settles from our party, who's standing in front of us, but the same pesky Rams! They just won't leave us alone!

I have a bad feeling about this one. I felt ultra confident about last week's game, but now it feels like we've exhausted all our good plays, showed our hand, and we're left facing them with nothing but our wits and integrity. It's like bringing a knife to a gun fight against these guys.

The video below is a perfect representstion of how I'm feeling about this matchup, with Kylo Ren representing the Seahawks (and how I looked after beating them last week/how I looked seeing we're playing them again) and Luke Skywalker representing the Rams.

Is anyone else dreading this upcoming game? Or does Jerhawk need to buckle up and prepare for victory? What's your level of confidence heading into Saturday's playoff battle?

[youtube]TyojTJdpyTA[/youtube]

NO doubt the best wild card team in the NFC remember they beat Tampa Bay convincingly. Key to victory run the ball well, Stop the run , pressure Goff, protect Wilson and of course win the turnover battle. Do three of those five with one of them being win the turnover battle and the Seahawks win.

zchurch74

Reaction score
I think this game will be a stroll brawl. It’s going to be ugly. Lots of defense up to the fourth quarter and a team will have one game convincing drive. Not going to be a fun game to watch for either team. Lots of dumb calls.

It will be like a mayweather fight. Nothing flashy and really boring. Both teams trying to feel each other out.

The game day forum is going to EXPLODE!!!!! Lots of fire Pete, KNJ is a joke. Russ is terrible. Shorty can’t call a game to save his life. Pete is getting out coaches again. All this and some.

Chapow

Reaction score
Rams have the #1 defense in the NFL by yards per game, #3 defense by points per game. Either way, they're one of the best defenses in the league and our offense hasn't exactly been firing on all cylinders lately.

Yes, I'm pretty concerned. We needed 3 4th quarter TDs to beat a very depleated 49ers team. It's going to be much more difficult to pull that off against one of the best defenses in the NFL.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Donald’s comments will be bulletin board material tomorrow.

The Hawks will win, and Donald will get rubbed hard.

Suspect the exorcism happened last weekend, They stuffed their run last week and they couldn’t beat the Hawks in the air. Jared Goff is unlikely to play and even if he does we’ve read his book.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Totally not worried at all. In fact I bet my neighbor (who was trying to get me all fired up in text) $50 bucks we will beat the Rams next Saturday. He didn't take my bet. Smart man.

nanomoz

Reaction score
For what it's worth, Klingsbury coached probably the worst game I've ever seen today. Legitimately. I felt so grateful for Pete Carroll when I watched it.

I know, McVay is gangbusters against Seattle almost always, but the Rams won that game more out of Arizona's incompetence than their own success. It was horrific.