Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lockett made big bucks today

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Lockett made big bucks today
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:36 pm
  • ESPN - Show Me the Money

Tyler Lockett's big day against the 49ers was worth $600,000. With 12 catches for 90 yards and two touchdowns Sunday, the wide receiver maxed out his $1.2 million worth of 2020 incentives, according to a source. That also triggers a $1.2 million escalator that will raise his 2021 base salary from $9.8 million to $11 million. Entering Sunday, Lockett had already earned $1.8 million of that $2.4 million in potential added money. He then earned $400,000 by topping 1,000 yards on the season and another $200,000 by scoring his 10th touchdown.

David Moore hit a $100,000 incentive with his lone catch Sunday, his 35th of the season. Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson was aware of what was at stake for Moore in the week leading up to the regular-season finale. So when Moore still didn't have a catch late in the Seahawks' 26-23 victory, Wilson and QBs coach Austin Davis talked on the sideline about getting him one. The Seahawks were going to take a knee with 22 seconds left but changed the play in the huddle to an end-around pop pass for Moore. "It's pretty cool," Wilson said. "It's a blessing. He's worked so hard this year, so he definitely earned it."
    renofox
    NET Veteran

Re: Lockett made big bucks today
Sun Jan 03, 2021 10:41 pm
  • The reason why RW was looking for Lockette all day
    Sea84hawks
    NET Rookie

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:52 am
  • I didn't know about the money, but Lockett getting 100 catches was my favorite stat of the day. :2thumbs:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:58 am
  • sutz wrote:Lockett getting 100 catches was my favorite stat of the day. :2thumbs:

Same. He deserves more national recognition than he gets. Dude's an elite WR.
    RolandDeschain
    * Spelling High Lord *

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:09 am
  • He absolutely is elite. And he's so consistent that he gets taken for granted. So damn reliable, especially in clutch situations. It doesn't even really feel like he had 100 catches, but at the same time, not surprised at all.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:12 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:He absolutely is elite. And he's so consistent that he gets taken for granted. So damn reliable, especially in clutch situations. It doesn't even really feel like he had 100 catches, but at the same time, not surprised at all.

With DK getting all the press, Tyler kind of slipped in under the radar. He sure can find the soft spots in zones and get open. Has enough speed to run fly routes, too and isn't afraid to run crossing routes.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Mon Jan 04, 2021 8:41 am
  • sutz wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He absolutely is elite. And he's so consistent that he gets taken for granted. So damn reliable, especially in clutch situations. It doesn't even really feel like he had 100 catches, but at the same time, not surprised at all.

With DK getting all the press, Tyler kind of slipped in under the radar. He sure can find the soft spots in zones and get open. Has enough speed to run fly routes, too and isn't afraid to run crossing routes.

And has a younger brother who is following in his footsteps that just committed to Kansas State (weighing in at 155 lbs).
    Appyhawk
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

Location: Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montana.

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:00 pm
  • sutz wrote:
    SoulfishHawk wrote:He absolutely is elite. And he's so consistent that he gets taken for granted. So damn reliable, especially in clutch situations. It doesn't even really feel like he had 100 catches, but at the same time, not surprised at all.

Am I the only one who thinks that DK 'needs' all the press? I thought I've seen a couple mini tantrums and a bit of friction when he wasn't getting his touches -
    ddores
    Platinum Supporter
    Platinum Supporter

Mon Jan 04, 2021 1:41 pm
  • Totally deserved, in spite of all the hype surrounding DK, Ty is our best receiver.
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:20 pm
  • ddores wrote:
    sutz wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks that DK 'needs' all the press? I thought I've seen a couple mini tantrums and a bit of friction when he wasn't getting his touches -

yep, he needs to adopt the Steve Largent philosophy of best revenge, "be successful."
    DomeHawk
    NET Veteran

Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:20 pm
  • I swear Lockett is my nephews favorite player, cause he's always saying his name.*

*Ok, not really, he's actually saying "lock it" referring to whenever I lock my door.

=P
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

Tue Jan 05, 2021 6:05 pm
  • Fifteen years from now, we will all be saying what a privilege it was to see the Great Tyler Lockett playing for the Hawks, and how blessed we were to have him. How he does what he does, I have no idea, but he keeps doing it, keeps being amazing, and it's truly a blessing to have him.
    olyfan63
    NET Veteran

Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:16 pm
  • Lockett gets lost in the national media because they favor the big personalities and freak athletes. Lockett is a soft spoken, gentle, kind Soul that doesn't translate to national media attention. Only the pure analysts and former players ever talk about how good he is. WE all know how good he is. Some of the most lethal WR's we've ever had were guys like Lockett, Engram and Baldwin. But none of them were ever flashy enough (or tall enough) with big personalities that media seem to love.

No matter. Just keep being you Lockett, we know the treasure you are.
    Aros
    [[ .NET Godfather ]]

Wed Jan 06, 2021 6:41 am
  • Since when does DK ask for all the press? He gets hyped by the media, then people act like he's a diva (at least non Hawks fans)
    He doesn't ask for it, but he certainly isn't going to shy away from saying what's on his mind. They ask a question, he's going to be honest about it.
    You WANT that confidence. And he just turned 23. The sky is the limit for this guy.
    What's he supposed to say? "I wanna' be pretty good"
    No, he wants to be an all-timer, exactly what I want in a player.
    SoulfishHawk
    NET Pro Bowler

Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:51 am
  • SoulfishHawk wrote:Since when does DK ask for all the press? He gets hyped by the media, then people act like he's a diva (at least non Hawks fans)
    He doesn't ask for it, but he certainly isn't going to shy away from saying what's on his mind. They ask a question, he's going to be honest about it.
    You WANT that confidence. And he just turned 23. The sky is the limit for this guy.
    What's he supposed to say? "I wanna' be pretty good"
    No, he wants to be an all-timer, exactly what I want in a player.

:ditto: This. All the comments I've heard from fellow players and coaches is about how hard he works to improve and how he is constantly watching the vets and asking questions.

I've never really gotten the "diva" vibe from him. Any time he has "diva'd" out always seemed to me like he was just having some fun.
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

It is currently Wed Feb 24, 2021 10:21 am

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information