Lockett made big bucks today

renofox

Reaction score
ESPN - Show Me the Money

Tyler Lockett's big day against the 49ers was worth $600,000. With 12 catches for 90 yards and two touchdowns Sunday, the wide receiver maxed out his $1.2 million worth of 2020 incentives, according to a source. That also triggers a $1.2 million escalator that will raise his 2021 base salary from $9.8 million to $11 million. Entering Sunday, Lockett had already earned $1.8 million of that $2.4 million in potential added money. He then earned $400,000 by topping 1,000 yards on the season and another $200,000 by scoring his 10th touchdown.

David Moore hit a $100,000 incentive with his lone catch Sunday, his 35th of the season. Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson was aware of what was at stake for Moore in the week leading up to the regular-season finale. So when Moore still didn't have a catch late in the Seahawks' 26-23 victory, Wilson and QBs coach Austin Davis talked on the sideline about getting him one. The Seahawks were going to take a knee with 22 seconds left but changed the play in the huddle to an end-around pop pass for Moore. "It's pretty cool," Wilson said. "It's a blessing. He's worked so hard this year, so he definitely earned it."

sutz

Reaction score
I didn't know about the money, but Lockett getting 100 catches was my favorite stat of the day. :2thumbs:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He absolutely is elite. And he's so consistent that he gets taken for granted. So damn reliable, especially in clutch situations. It doesn't even really feel like he had 100 catches, but at the same time, not surprised at all.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1q25ab5z said:
He absolutely is elite. And he's so consistent that he gets taken for granted. So damn reliable, especially in clutch situations. It doesn't even really feel like he had 100 catches, but at the same time, not surprised at all.
With DK getting all the press, Tyler kind of slipped in under the radar. He sure can find the soft spots in zones and get open. Has enough speed to run fly routes, too and isn't afraid to run crossing routes.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
sutz":1jbdqihm said:
SoulfishHawk":1jbdqihm said:
With DK getting all the press, Tyler kind of slipped in under the radar. He sure can find the soft spots in zones and get open. Has enough speed to run fly routes, too and isn't afraid to run crossing routes.

And has a younger brother who is following in his footsteps that just committed to Kansas State (weighing in at 155 lbs).

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
sutz":1n2ipofy said:
SoulfishHawk":1n2ipofy said:

Am I the only one who thinks that DK 'needs' all the press? I thought I've seen a couple mini tantrums and a bit of friction when he wasn't getting his touches -

D

DomeHawk

Totally deserved, in spite of all the hype surrounding DK, Ty is our best receiver.

D

DomeHawk

ddores":1x82nq1i said:
sutz":1x82nq1i said:
SoulfishHawk":1x82nq1i said:

Am I the only one who thinks that DK 'needs' all the press? I thought I've seen a couple mini tantrums and a bit of friction when he wasn't getting his touches -

yep, he needs to adopt the Steve Largent philosophy of best revenge, "be successful."

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
I swear Lockett is my nephews favorite player, cause he's always saying his name.*

*Ok, not really, he's actually saying "lock it" referring to whenever I lock my door.

=P

olyfan63

Reaction score
Fifteen years from now, we will all be saying what a privilege it was to see the Great Tyler Lockett playing for the Hawks, and how blessed we were to have him. How he does what he does, I have no idea, but he keeps doing it, keeps being amazing, and it's truly a blessing to have him.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Lockett gets lost in the national media because they favor the big personalities and freak athletes. Lockett is a soft spoken, gentle, kind Soul that doesn't translate to national media attention. Only the pure analysts and former players ever talk about how good he is. WE all know how good he is. Some of the most lethal WR's we've ever had were guys like Lockett, Engram and Baldwin. But none of them were ever flashy enough (or tall enough) with big personalities that media seem to love.

No matter. Just keep being you Lockett, we know the treasure you are.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Since when does DK ask for all the press? He gets hyped by the media, then people act like he's a diva (at least non Hawks fans)
He doesn't ask for it, but he certainly isn't going to shy away from saying what's on his mind. They ask a question, he's going to be honest about it.
You WANT that confidence. And he just turned 23. The sky is the limit for this guy.
What's he supposed to say? "I wanna' be pretty good"
No, he wants to be an all-timer, exactly what I want in a player.

sutz

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1j5qqe5u said:
Since when does DK ask for all the press? He gets hyped by the media, then people act like he's a diva (at least non Hawks fans)
He doesn't ask for it, but he certainly isn't going to shy away from saying what's on his mind. They ask a question, he's going to be honest about it.
You WANT that confidence. And he just turned 23. The sky is the limit for this guy.
What's he supposed to say? "I wanna' be pretty good"
No, he wants to be an all-timer, exactly what I want in a player.
:ditto: This. All the comments I've heard from fellow players and coaches is about how hard he works to improve and how he is constantly watching the vets and asking questions.

I've never really gotten the "diva" vibe from him. Any time he has "diva'd" out always seemed to me like he was just having some fun.