Jordyn Brooks destroys Kittle

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Holy cow. Missed this one live.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/rileymichel/status/1345973504550686723[/tweet]

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
I missed that too. Probably because it was away from the ball. Not far away, but dam. He put kittle on his ass with less leverage.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Kittle is a beast, but his stupid little pose he does after first downs is beyond lame. How did all those poses work out?
Loss, again.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
Brooks was all over the field yesterday. Turning into a really good player. Really great to see.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I love Jordyn Brooks and all, but if you'd asked me whether he'd be likely to ragdoll George Kittle and then also wrap up the running back at the beginning of that play, I would've bet "no."

I've watched this like 40 times

253hawk

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1lm9o33v said:
Kittle is a beast, but his stupid little pose he does after first downs is beyond lame. How did all those poses work out?
Loss, again.

And he still hasn't scored a TD against Seattle in his career.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
As you've noted before, Maelstrom, Brooks seems to be truly gifted with innate ability to fight through blocks and get to the ball, traffic be damned! Great example right here. He's a good one.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2fm817ru said:
Side note, but linebacker related. KJ Wright: Where screen passes go to die.

Kj might be the best linebacker to every cover running backs and diagnose pass plays out of the back field.

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":du59v3ue said:
Brooks hitting/speed is what Wagner used to be.

Maybe so, but brooks with wagner paired as tackling linebackers...while kj holds the point of attack...has been the real difference in our defense.

I dont think bobby got slower per say, but he might be my favorite seahawk all time. That being said...he could work on his coverage over the middle. Which is the biggest weakness in our d. Recievers coming over the middle and then deep.

AlciG

Reaction score
I noticed that in game and I was like 'Damn Bobby, why you gotta do those grown men like that'. And then I was like 'WTF THATS JORDYN NOT BOBBY!!!!!!'

Polk738

Reaction score
Having these three on the field at the same time is almost a luxury at this point, I think Brooks led the team in tackles against the Rams with only 28 snaps? That is just crazy

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
jamescasey1124":1sq0ebwj said:
TheLegendOfBoom":1sq0ebwj said:
Brooks hitting/speed is what Wagner used to be.

Maybe so, but brooks with wagner paired as tackling linebackers...while kj holds the point of attack...has been the real difference in our defense.

I dont think bobby got slower per say, but he might be my favorite seahawk all time. That being said...he could work on his coverage over the middle. Which is the biggest weakness in our d. Recievers coming over the middle and then deep.
Lol.

I actually agree with you with Wagner’s pass coverage.

He’s not great, decent and can stand to improve.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Wow! I'm getting more and more excited about Brooks on a weekly basis. It's still early, but he looks like a real stud in the making. His speed at LB just jumps off the screen, and he's made some huge plays, particularly last week during that goal line stand. And he's not afraid to lay the wood as evidenced in that video. Is anyone still complaining about this pick?

Mad Dog

Reaction score
TraderGary":2u1ry6ok said:
Wow! I'm getting more and more excited about Brooks on a weekly basis. It's still early, but he looks like a real stud in the making. His speed at LB just jumps off the screen, and he's made some huge plays, particularly last week during that goal line stand. And he's not afraid to lay the wood as evidenced in that video. Is anyone still complaining about this pick?

I'm sure there are some draftniks, not to mention names, that will rag all day about spending a 1st round pick on a LB.

But I always view the draft as a crap shoot. You get a bunch of players, throw them in the Pete "always compete" maelstrom and if you get a few solid starting players out of the mix, you did good. Doesn't matter where you got them.

you can't rag on spending high picks on Penny and Brooks and deny the brilliance of getting guys like Carson and Poona at the tail end of the draft.

AlciG

Reaction score
1 27 LB Jordyn Brooks Looking like an A
2 48 EDGE Darrell Taylor Undecided
3 69 G Damien Lewis Looking like an A
4 133 TE Colby Parkinson Undecided
4 144 RB DeeJay Dallas Looks to be serviceable
5 148 DE Alton Robinson Looks to be serviceable
6 214 WR Freddie Swain Looks to be serviceable
7 251 TE Stephen Sullivan Undecided

So far not too bad a rookie class

jamescasey1124

Reaction score
AlciG":2aac7adr said:
1 27 LB Jordyn Brooks Looking like an A
2 48 EDGE Darrell Taylor Undecided
3 69 G Damien Lewis Looking like an A
4 133 TE Colby Parkinson Undecided
4 144 RB DeeJay Dallas Looks to be serviceable
5 148 DE Alton Robinson Looks to be serviceable
6 214 WR Freddie Swain Looks to be serviceable
7 251 TE Stephen Sullivan Undecided

So far not too bad a rookie class

I agree with all of this. Pretty dam good. And the post above. Draft is a crap shoot. You choose players that fit...no matter where...not by analyst draft status.