BS Roughing the Passer call on LJ Collier

ivotuk

Reaction score
That was a BS call against LJ Collier for roughing the passer.

9er player fell on him from behind, and LJ put his feet and hands down to keep his weight off of the QB.

And it led to a 9er score...thanks Refs.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Yeah it was a trashy penalty.

Obvious steering by the refs. Good job NFL

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
Happens nearly every game.

Check the Lions Vikings game.

It isn't steering. Just stupidity.

seabowl

Reaction score
Jerhawk":1r799xnx said:

Not to pick on you but the theory that we hear every year from numerous fans from every team is that the NFL is behind some big conspiracy to help the opposing team. If this were the case then how come though all of the decades of NFL play haven't we seen even one person (a ref, coach, time keeper, etc..) come out and say that they were told to go against the rules in favor of a team? Even on their deathbed. Not one that I know of. They either have the best secret handshake ever or.....

It' not true.

People are human and make mistakes. Is what it is.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
seabowl":2uvuu0kr said:
Jerhawk":2uvuu0kr said:

Not to pick on you but the theory that we hear every year from numerous fans from every team is that the NFL is behind some big conspiracy to help the opposing team. If this were the case then how come though all of the decades of NFL play haven't we seen even one person (a ref, coach, time keeper, etc..) come out and say that they were told to go against the rules in favor of a team? Even on their deathbed. Not one that I know of. They either have the best secret handshake ever or.....

It' not true.

People are human and make mistakes. Is what it is.

Good point. It just seems to me (average Joe) that the refs made that call to keep the game close. And they do it all the time.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
When a guy does nothing more than just tackle the QB, nothing more.....it is a blatant CHOICE by a ref to help a team out. I don't really buy in to conspiracy crap, but at some point it seems more legit.

andyh64000

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2n6v1ycy said:

Yeah, that one was a travesty. He literally just tackled the QB for a sack. At first I thought it must have been a facemask but nope, just a normal tackle, no head contact or anything just a nice sack.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":wrha98x5 said:

Oh my gosh, I know. That was terrible. Turned a field goal try into first and goal on the like 2 or something. Completely gave Minnny 4 points.

It's gotten to the point i'd almost prefer a pressure and quick throw away out of bounds to an actual sack cause it's 50/50 you get a roughing call at this point.

Another thing we can hate Aaron Rodgers for.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":34ryjhsd said:

I watched that game and both roughing the passers calls on the Lions were complete BS but the second was a complete head scratcher.

John63

Reaction score
ivotuk":xnah4ddu said:
That was a BS call against LJ Collier for roughing the passer.

9er player fell on him from behind, and LJ put his feet and hands down to keep his weight off of the QB.

And it led to a 9er score...thanks Refs.

I agree it was complete BS

TraderGary

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":dzyd29qg said:

That roughing the passer call on the Lions late in the game was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. And it ended up costing the Lions the game. Had they been playing for their playoff lives, this would be all over ESPN today.

It's gotten to the point where you literally cannot touch a QB any longer without risking a penalty. The league really needs to take a look at this during the offseason because it's gotten completely out of hand. What's a defensive player supposed to do? That Lions player did absolutely nothing wrong, and it was not egregious in any way.

I understand wanting to protect QB's who are generally the faces of their franchise, and who are often vulnerable to taking big hits, but it's still football. Let them play the damn game.

Also agree on the Collier penalty which is just further proof that this has gotten completely out of hand.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2bnzqyll said:
Illegal Seahawking

It's exists...….

LOL who else here assumed a flag was coming on the big KJ hit on the full back? Im shocked one didn't come.

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
gowazzu02":bqtaop2e said:
SoulfishHawk":bqtaop2e said:
Illegal Seahawking

It's exists...….

LOL who else here assumed a flag was coming on the big KJ hit on the full back? Im shocked one didn't come.

Definitely thought a flag was coming.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2tdm396t said:

If it's not steering, explain how nearly every abysmally wrong call in any Packers game (for many years) benefits the Packers rather than their opponent?

Don't get me wrong, stupidity and mistakes definitely happen; but in certain situations, it's not just that.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Hockey Guy":2c9j94ns said:
gowazzu02":2c9j94ns said:
SoulfishHawk":2c9j94ns said:
Illegal Seahawking

It's exists...….

Definitely thought a flag was coming.
:ditto:

Slick

Reaction score
What I really hated about that penalty was that Beathard campaigned for it and it came in waaaaay late. Like I understand if it is Tom Brady....

TraderGary

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3qzga6gg said:
We shouldn't have to hold our breath after every play finishes. And it flat out happens
That's so true. And if we're feeling that way, imagine what it's like for the players. This is really bad for the game and needs to be addressed.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
I think Collier hit Goff in the head with his arm. To me that’s why they flagged him. He went in too high.