Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If Schotty gets a Head Coaching job I'd like to see...

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
  • Lincoln Reilly as our next OC, and evaluate him as a possible future head coach.

3 NFL teams that should give Lincoln Riley a blank check to leave Oklahoma

https://fansided.com/2020/12/30/lincoln ... fl-rumors/
    ivotuk
    * NET Staff Alumni *

• An Oklahoma landscape is mighty different from the Pacific Northwest.....that's a big leap! Not sure if his family would be in favor of this change.
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• No way he leaves a HC position at a program like OU to take an OC position in the NFL.
    12AngryHawks
    NET Starter

• Maybe Dabo will be his special teams coach too.
    getnasty
    NET Veteran

• getnasty wrote:Maybe Dabo will be his special teams coach too.

About as much of a chance.
    Maulbert
    NET Veteran

• LoL Riley has turned down nfl head coach oops. Noway he's leaving for a oc job.
    gowazzu02
    NET Veteran

• I haven't heard any Schotty HC rumors since our offense cooled off mid season.

Maybe he'll get an interview or two, but if I had to bet I'd say he's back next year.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

• First off teams are interviewing everyone they can to satisfy the Rooney rule and the other new rules.

Most teams that need a GM will not Hire a coach till the GM slot is filled unless it is a paper tiger job like in Jacksonville and Denver where Kahn wants to be hands on and Elway is in control of operations and is hiring a blame guy now.

First wave of Coach hires should happen after the Super Bowl, everyone loves to interview OC'S and DC's from those teams.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• Sgt. Largent wrote:I haven't heard any Schotty HC rumors since our offense cooled off mid season.

Maybe he'll get an interview or two, but if I had to bet I'd say he's back next year.

It all makes so much sense now!
    hgwellz12
    NET Veteran

• Russ needs a MVP first.
    zchurch74
    NET Veteran

• I’d like to see Pete Carroll appoint himself offensive play caller.

I am curious to see how it would play out.

You know you would be as well!

Lol.
    TheLegendOfBoom
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter

• Schotty deserves a look.

Head coaching is about more than being a good playcaller. It's about leadership and adaptability. Schotty's men like him, and he's obviously adaptable - he's presided over a massive change in philosophy from a conservative grind-it-out attack to an offense that passes more in neutral situations than any other in the league.

Those sort of traits translate better to head coaching, in my opinion. The work ethic, the scheme building, and the leadership. He'd get an interview from me if I were making the choices for a team like the Texans.
    Maelstrom787
    NET Veteran

• If Scotty leaves it will definitely be some retread. Who was the Jags or Jets OC this year?
    ducks41468
    NET Veteran

• That's not really a promotion for him. You rarely (if ever) see highly-rated college head coaches taking NFL coordinator jobs. If they leave, it's to take over a franchise.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• Rat wrote:That's not really a promotion for him. You rarely (if ever) see highly-rated college head coaches taking NFL coordinator jobs. If they leave, it's to take over a franchise.

....and they are not likely to appreciate the pay cut!! :roll:
    Bigpumpkin
    Gold Supporter
    Gold Supporter

• Bigpumpkin wrote:
    Rat wrote:That's not really a promotion for him. You rarely (if ever) see highly-rated college head coaches taking NFL coordinator jobs. If they leave, it's to take over a franchise.

....and they are not likely to appreciate the pay cut!! :roll:

Yeah, I'm surprised Urban Meyer is only demanding $12 million per from the Jaguars.
    Rat
    * NET Cynic *

• I doubt he gets a gig but who knows. I'd say if the offense gets it together in the playoffs and doesn't flame out for 3 quarters he may get some traction.

I'd be interested in QB coach from the Chiefs Mike Kafka. Mahomes loves him and he is their passing game coordinator. I'd love to see some of their routes brought in but it sounds like he's even getting some HC interest. I also doubt Pete will go out of his tree unfortunately.
    mistaowen
    NET Veteran

• This is Pete's offense. So only "Yes men" will be the OC for the Seahawks.

Lincoln Riley, and any other top, established offensive mind will never coach here.

Schotty is about as good as it gets given the circumstances. The Seahawks are a defensive team, and the offense must cater to that.
    Fade
    NET Veteran

• There is a reason Norm Chow has not been here, and why he left USC under Pete.

One of the most innovative Offensive minds since Coryell.
    chris98251
    .NET Hijacker

• I don't think it'll ever get better than Schotty. He's done the best of any Carroll coordinator running the offense within the confines of what Pete wants.

IMO he's here to stay, I think the Schotty HC rumors died down pretty quickly after our offense fell back down to earth after week 6.
    Sgt. Largent
    NET Pro Bowler

It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 6:07 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]

Information