If Schotty gets a Head Coaching job I'd like to see...

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
An Oklahoma landscape is mighty different from the Pacific Northwest.....that's a big leap! Not sure if his family would be in favor of this change.

getnasty

Reaction score
Maybe Dabo will be his special teams coach too.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
LoL Riley has turned down nfl head coach oops. Noway he's leaving for a oc job.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I haven't heard any Schotty HC rumors since our offense cooled off mid season.

Maybe he'll get an interview or two, but if I had to bet I'd say he's back next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
First off teams are interviewing everyone they can to satisfy the Rooney rule and the other new rules.

Most teams that need a GM will not Hire a coach till the GM slot is filled unless it is a paper tiger job like in Jacksonville and Denver where Kahn wants to be hands on and Elway is in control of operations and is hiring a blame guy now.

First wave of Coach hires should happen after the Super Bowl, everyone loves to interview OC'S and DC's from those teams.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I’d like to see Pete Carroll appoint himself offensive play caller.

I am curious to see how it would play out.

You know you would be as well!

Lol.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Schotty deserves a look.

Head coaching is about more than being a good playcaller. It's about leadership and adaptability. Schotty's men like him, and he's obviously adaptable - he's presided over a massive change in philosophy from a conservative grind-it-out attack to an offense that passes more in neutral situations than any other in the league.

Those sort of traits translate better to head coaching, in my opinion. The work ethic, the scheme building, and the leadership. He'd get an interview from me if I were making the choices for a team like the Texans.

ducks41468

Reaction score
If Scotty leaves it will definitely be some retread. Who was the Jags or Jets OC this year?

Rat

Reaction score
That's not really a promotion for him. You rarely (if ever) see highly-rated college head coaches taking NFL coordinator jobs. If they leave, it's to take over a franchise.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Rat":35solasc said:
That's not really a promotion for him. You rarely (if ever) see highly-rated college head coaches taking NFL coordinator jobs. If they leave, it's to take over a franchise.

....and they are not likely to appreciate the pay cut!! :roll:

Rat

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":2v6fwn94 said:
Rat":2v6fwn94 said:

....and they are not likely to appreciate the pay cut!! :roll:

Yeah, I'm surprised Urban Meyer is only demanding $12 million per from the Jaguars.

mistaowen

Reaction score
I doubt he gets a gig but who knows. I'd say if the offense gets it together in the playoffs and doesn't flame out for 3 quarters he may get some traction.

I'd be interested in QB coach from the Chiefs Mike Kafka. Mahomes loves him and he is their passing game coordinator. I'd love to see some of their routes brought in but it sounds like he's even getting some HC interest. I also doubt Pete will go out of his tree unfortunately.

Fade

Reaction score
This is Pete's offense. So only "Yes men" will be the OC for the Seahawks.

Lincoln Riley, and any other top, established offensive mind will never coach here.

Schotty is about as good as it gets given the circumstances. The Seahawks are a defensive team, and the offense must cater to that.

chris98251

Reaction score
There is a reason Norm Chow has not been here, and why he left USC under Pete.

One of the most innovative Offensive minds since Coryell.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I don't think it'll ever get better than Schotty. He's done the best of any Carroll coordinator running the offense within the confines of what Pete wants.

IMO he's here to stay, I think the Schotty HC rumors died down pretty quickly after our offense fell back down to earth after week 6.