Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good/Bad injuy updates

The Original Seattle Seahawks Fan Forum Community. There simply is NO substitute for Seahawks Talk, News, Rumors, Trades, and Analytics. LANGUAGE: PG-13
Good/Bad injuy updates
Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:50 pm




  • Very good that we should see Iupati AND Shell back. That would be huge if they both make it through the game alright.

    Hope that we can get at least one of Reed or Adams back. Both would be great.
    renofox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1442
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm
    Location: Reno, NV


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:55 pm
  • Shell and Upati back will be huge because in case anyone hasn't noticed the offense kind of sucks with 2 back ups on the OL,

    Pretty positive Reed won't play Saturday, not with an oblique injury-

    Adams will be a game time decision to basically keep McVay guessing all week whether he needs to game plan for him or not, whether he actually does is anyone's guess.
    Polk738
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 534
    Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:04 pm


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:11 pm
  • How about Penny, was he hurt or was it just cramps?
    Bobblehead
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 2996
    Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:52 pm


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:16 pm

Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:45 am
  • Polk738 wrote:Shell and Upati back will be huge because in case anyone hasn't noticed the offense kind of sucks with 2 back ups on the OL

    Ogbeuhi played pretty well from what I saw. Simmons was OK in pass protection, but looked like a huge liability in the running game at times.
    AgentDib
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4427
    Joined: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:08 pm
    Location: Seattle


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:57 am
  • Bobblehead wrote:How about Penny, was he hurt or was it just cramps?

    Pete said it was just cramps. It was the most carries he's had in a year, and AZ so kinda warm and dry. I thought when he went down and how they were working on him it looked like cramps. Wishful thinking maybe, but he did get up and walk off.

    Good news. Back to the Gray Northwest to re-hydrate. :mrgreen:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 21641
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 8:46 am
  • https://www.seahawks.com/news/wild-card-week-injury-report-seahawks-vs-rams

    Seahawks coach Pete Carroll said Tuesday that Adams will likely be a game-day decision, and the safety did not practice to start out the week. Reed was also held out, as were tackle Duane Brown, running back Chris Carson and cornerback Jayson Stanley. In the case of Carson, who is listed as foot/load management, and Brown (knee/resting veteran), the absences would appear to be precautionary more than anything.

    Mike Iupati, who is hoping to get back this week after missing two games with a neck injury, was limited Tuesday, as was running back DeeJay Dallas, who has also missed the past two games with an ankle injury. Tackle Brandon Shell, who has missed five of the past six games, was a full participant, as was Greg Olsen, who was held out of Sunday's game after returning from injured reserve the week before.


    Looks like no J Reed, and 50/50 on Adams.

    Shell looks OK but, if history is any indication, we'll probably get about 1/2 of a game from Iupati. Olsen should be back.
    renofox
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1442
    Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 2:20 pm
    Location: Reno, NV


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:42 am
  • So to clarify:

    We potentially lost Reed and Adams to injuries..... in a game where at the time of the injuries, winning resulted in a near meaningless outcome?

    We played to win just for vanity points even though it cost 2 of our most important players on defense?

    Thanks a lot Pete.

    Let's hope we can still beat the Rams despite Pete's ridiculous stupidity last week.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4800
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:42 am
  • Pete said in his presser that Reed was feeling better. I bet he and Jamal both play.
    FearTheHawk
    NET Rookie
     
    Posts: 105
    Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:06 pm


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 9:45 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:So to clarify:

    We potentially lost Reed and Adams to injuries..... in a game where at the time of the injuries, winning resulted in a near meaningless outcome?

    We played to win just for vanity points even though it cost 2 of our most important players on defense?

    Thanks a lot Pete.

    Let's hope we can still beat the Rams despite Pete's ridiculous stupidity last week.

    Haters gonna hate. :34853_doh:
    sutz
    Silver Supporter
    Silver Supporter
     
    Posts: 21641
    Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:41 am
    Location: Kent, WA


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:09 am
  • Ehh. Our dline is good. For reed we still have poona and mone for early downs and collier, green and dunlap are capable of moving inside on passing downs.

    Adam's is concerning, but even so...nobody fills his role better than Neal.

    I think we are still ok guys. Having better pass protection this game will be the most ideal way we can pull a dub out.

    Still very confident in a Seahawks win.
    jamescasey1124
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 743
    Joined: Mon May 04, 2020 12:36 am


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:22 am
  • Not true Sutz.

    I love Pete.

    There is no way not to love him. You can clearly tell that players would run through walls for him.

    You also know damned well that if you were ever in the room with him, you would want to run through walls for him too.

    He seems to be a genuinely good person with incredible energy. And he literally is responsible for one of the greatest, if not the greatest, Championship in Seattle history. He goes right in the ring, if not gets a statue, in my mind.

    I have concerns about his upside, but that is another thread. I don't hate him. No Seahawk fan should or likely could.

    But playing to win in a game with no upside was stupid. And it potentially hurt us badly.

    If you do not learn from your mistakes, you repeat them. That was a horrendous mistake.

    I don't have illusions about a SB this year, but it felt that a division playoff win might finally be possible after so long. Losing that possibility because of the injuries would be pretty crushing.
    TwistedHusky
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 4800
    Joined: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:48 pm


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:26 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Not true Sutz.

    I love Pete.

    There is no way not to love him. You can clearly tell that players would run through walls for him.

    You also know damned well that if you were ever in the room with him, you would want to run through walls for him too.

    He seems to be a genuinely good person with incredible energy. And he literally is responsible for one of the greatest, if not the greatest, Championship in Seattle history. He goes right in the ring, if not gets a statue, in my mind.

    I have concerns about his upside, but that is another thread. I don't hate him. No Seahawk fan should or likely could.

    But playing to win in a game with no upside was stupid. And it potentially hurt us badly.

    If you do not learn from your mistakes, you repeat them. That was a horrendous mistake.

    I don't have illusions about a SB this year, but it felt that a division playoff win might finally be possible after so long. Losing that possibility because of the injuries would be pretty crushing.


    Lol I'm guessing you didn't play sports at any high level? College etc, because momentum is a real thing, Adams could have blown out his knee on the sideline too, injuries happen, would you whine about that too?
    Ambrose83
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 1654
    Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:54 pm


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:33 am
  • TwistedHusky wrote:Not true Sutz.

    I love Pete.

    There is no way not to love him. You can clearly tell that players would run through walls for him.

    You also know damned well that if you were ever in the room with him, you would want to run through walls for him too.

    He seems to be a genuinely good person with incredible energy. And he literally is responsible for one of the greatest, if not the greatest, Championship in Seattle history. He goes right in the ring, if not gets a statue, in my mind.

    I have concerns about his upside, but that is another thread. I don't hate him. No Seahawk fan should or likely could.

    But playing to win in a game with no upside was stupid. And it potentially hurt us badly.

    If you do not learn from your mistakes, you repeat them. That was a horrendous mistake.

    I don't have illusions about a SB this year, but it felt that a division playoff win might finally be possible after so long. Losing that possibility because of the injuries would be pretty crushing.


    What do you mean no upside? Seattle could have gotten the 1st or 2nd seeds if GB or NO lost. The GB-Bears game was within 5 points in the 4th quarter. If you're not playing to win when top seeds are still available you don't deserve to win in the playoffs.
    A_Biased_Fan
    NET Practice Squad
     
    Posts: 52
    Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:51 am


Re: Good/Bad injuy updates
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:34 pm
  • AgentDib wrote:
    Polk738 wrote:Shell and Upati back will be huge because in case anyone hasn't noticed the offense kind of sucks with 2 back ups on the OL

    Ogbeuhi played pretty well from what I saw. Simmons was OK in pass protection, but looked like a huge liability in the running game at times.



    I just don't see them pickup blitzes and stunts as well with the backups in there
    Polk738
    NET Veteran
     
    Posts: 534
    Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:04 pm




It is currently Mon Mar 01, 2021 7:17 pm

Please REGISTER to become a member

Return to [ SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOOTBALL ]




Information
  • Who is online