How Far Will The Seahawks Go In The Playoffs?

How Far Will The Seahawks Go In The Playoffs?

• One and done.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Beat the Rams, lose in the divisional round.

Votes: 19 20.4%
  • Win the divisional, lose in the NFCCG.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Win the NFC Championship, lose in the Super Bowl.

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • 2020 Super Bowl Champions!

Votes: 31 33.3%

• Total voters

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Let's hear from the 12's. How far do you think the Hawks go?

Chapow

Reaction score
Just a heads up, I've noticed that a lot of people here think "one and done" means winning in the WC round and then losing in the divisional round. So you might want to either clarify, or edit the 1st option in your poll to something like "lose in the WC round".

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Beat the Rams (big maybe) and lose next round.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
No idea pard. Like I've said all along, I think we're good enough to beat anyone, and can be bad enough to lose to anyone. Nearly every game has been a close one that could have gone the other way. Just not enough to hang the hat on either way.

Chapow

Reaction score
I think we get past the Rams (though I'm not terribly confident), but I'm having a really hard time seeing this team getting past the Saints (who I think is by far our most likely opponent in the divisional round).

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
I know a lot of people here that are very optimistic about Seattle’s chances to advance to the Super Bowl but I’ve seen too many games where Seattle is hot and cold.

They can put up points fast, or they struggle mightily to score 20 points.

It’s hard for Seattle to have back to back high fast scoring games especially towards the end of the regular season and in the post season.

The inconsistency with the offense worries me.

I want to say Seattle will stack points every game, but it just does not happen consistently.

But this is just my take.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I'm not confident in this Rams game.

I really hope I'm wrong. Please prove me wrong. I voted 1 and done unfortunately

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
We gonna beat up on Nawlins...after thaht.....sorry.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Appyhawk":1tm042lq said:
No idea pard. Like I've said all along, I think we're good enough to beat anyone, and can be bad enough to lose to anyone.

The super-aggravating thing about being a Seahawks fan in the Pete Carroll era. We play down to the most INFERIOR competition nearly every single time. We've had some truly amazing wins against opponents that should have beaten us because we also play UP to competition, but I'll be damned if it's not hard to stomach watching us look like a 6-10 squad a couple times every single season against an actual 6-10 (or worse) squad when we're much better than them in reality.

TraderGary

Reaction score
Chapow":1p859zqk said:
I think we get past the Rams (though I'm not terribly confident), but I'm having a really hard time seeing this team getting past the Saints (who I think is by far our most likely opponent in the divisional round).
This is where I am as well. I think we beat the Rams in a very close game, and lose to NO. Like everyone else here, I would love to see them go all the way and bring that trophy home to Seattle, and I will be glued to my tv and rooting hard for them every second of the way. But to honestly predict this team going to the SB based on what we've been seeing in recent weeks, particularly from the offense, would be disingenuous on my part. Of course I would love to be wrong, and if so, I will be the first person here to admit it, and eat my share of well-deserved crow.

The fact is, our offense is very inconsistent and has been for quite some time now, and despite what some claim, Russ is not playing like the Russ we're all used to seeing. Hoping he can turn it on and find his mojo again. If that happens and the defense holds up, then we have a chance against anyone and the skies the limit as far as I'm concerned.

Defensively, while much improved, we really don't know what we have because let's face it, we haven't exactly been playing the top tier teams or QB's during this recent span. And to make matters worse, I don't think Adams or Reed are going to play, and that's two very big losses on our defense, particularly Adams.

If we can get past the Rams, hopefully they'll both be ready to go against NO because we'll definitely need them. I know at least Adams will be chomping at the bit to get on the field. I know he's hungry and we may even see him against the Rams for all I know.

ivotuk

Reaction score
8 Straight Todd!

People are underwhelming this team, but i see an offense that is better than 2013/2014 and about to click, and an Elite Defense!

Our offense has been playing the best defenses in the league, yet iirc, have won 6 of the last 7 games. #1 2020 NFL defense? The Rams at a miserly 18.8 ppg! Right behind them is Washington, Miami, Giants, Patriots, and not to far beyond that? The 49ers and Cardinals!

Our defense in the last quarter has been top 5, if not #1, scoring defense in the NFL.

Nope, I see us winning 8 Straight, and exposing the Packers, Saints, and Rams offense.

(The Rams offense has NOT scored a single Touchdown in 2 weeks!)

MrThortan

Reaction score
Hell if I know. The Seahawks can beat any team and lose to any team. Get those rings, Seahawks!

onepicknick1

Reaction score
They take out the Rams at home then go to the Saints that's the close game nail biter all the way and the Saints and the Fans cry foul on a bad call then we get TB at home.

xray

Reaction score
The D seems to have found their groove , but Wilson runs hot and cold this year . Who knows ?

Vesuve

Reaction score
Appyhawk":4nxou2o2 said:
No idea pard. Like I've said all along, I think we're good enough to beat anyone, and can be bad enough to lose to anyone. Nearly every game has been a close one that could have gone the other way. Just not enough to hang the hat on either way.

See it the same way.

Never know what's going to happen this year.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
If the Saints lose in the playoffs to another awful break / bad call that would be quite amusing :D

For my own expectations? Similar to last year really, I think they will beat the Rams in a close game, mainly because Wofford doesnt convert red zone opportunities (or Goff if he plays at less than 100%). The expectation is that the Saints would then bounce us in round 2....

However, I can't bring myself to write that. The offense this year is capable, and with Shell and Iuapati back in the lineup, in addition to a full complement of running backs I believe the scene is set for Russ to improve statistically and the offense to look far more dynamic again.

If they beat the Saints, it would be Tampa at home or the Pack at Lambeau. I'd prefer the former to the latter but think we could run the ball down the Pack's throats in a cold weather game...

Bring on Mahomes vs Russ in the superbowl where everyone is crowning the Chiefs before kick-off. I voted they will win it all because I'm a homer...but telling myself when healthy on both sides of the ball, this team means business.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
People can change. They rarely do.

We already know the answer to this question, the only wildcards being:
1. Whether recent injuries might make it worse.
2. Is the Ken Norton improving fixed, or more a function of terrible & inconsistent QBs we have faced?

In his entire career, without the LOB, Pete has never advanced past the wildcard win. However, he was likely instrumental in building the LOB, credit for the accomplishments, but without the LOB it makes little sense to expect more from him now.

Stripped of the LOB, Pete's predilections hold him back. Pete's gameplan in the playoffs only works when you have one of the greatest secondaries in the history of the NFL. He has never won a divisional playoff game without the LOB, and since the SB loss he rarely isn't blown out by halftime.

We have arguably the best WR group in the NFL.

Do we put game plans in place to take advantage of that? Not really.

We run out there with an all or nothing approach, expecting to chuck the ball long using long developing plays that rely on protection to hold up and referees to call the frequent contact from the defender before the ball arrives as the ball hangs in the air. Both rarely occur consistently, and instead of adapting - we shelve everything and go into our 'run into 8 man fronts' phase.

We start to use quicker passes, moving our QB, and the middle of the field once we are down by a few TDs..(usually after halftime) and generally start clawing back. But by then it is usually too late.

Don't expect us to come up with an effective, imaginative, or even rational gameplan that smartly leverages our greatest strength (QB+WR+TE). But instead, a gameplan that hinges on our greatest weaknesses, (Pass Pro and Defense. While our defense has been better lately, much of it can be attributed to playing garbage/inconsistent QBs.

Knowing Pete won't change, here is the outcome:

Rams - close win (if Adams is healthy or if we face Bad Goff)

Divisional Playoff Game - Down 2-3 TDs by halftime, offense shifts at halftime and we start to make a comeback but lose by a TD or so.